No announcement yet.

Jesus prepares mansions for His believers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that I don't know exactly what our dwelling places will look like in Heaven, whether we'll have individual homes or we'll live in a more communal state. We do know that God has created us with different personalities though where some like the presence of others more and some like solitude a bit more, yet for everyone a mixture of the two is needed. I do know that our home for eternity will be the New Jerusalem, the most wonderful city in all of creation for all of eternity and Christ and God the Father will inhabit it with us, and I can't think of anything more wonderful than that!

Comment

Originally posted by srphoenix View Post
      I agree that I don't know exactly what our dwelling places will look like in Heaven, whether we'll have individual homes or we'll live in a more communal state. We do know that God has created us with different personalities though where some like the presence of others more and some like solitude a bit more, yet for everyone a mixture of the two is needed. I do know that our home for eternity will be the New Jerusalem, the most wonderful city in all of creation for all of eternity and Christ and God the Father will inhabit it with us, and I can't think of anything more wonderful than that!
      what if there is also Pie?
      For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

Originally posted by Jlutz View Post
        what if there is also Pie?
        Pizza Pie? I'll have a Margherita please. Thin crust.
        1 John 3:23 ~ And this is His commandment, That we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Comment

I just hope my puppy dog will dwell with me and goes whoever I go. She passed on last month and still miss her.

Comment

It would then appear, that a lil' alone time is gonna be out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon9602 View Post
              I just hope my puppy dog will dwell with me and goes whoever I go. She passed on last month and still miss her.
              Me too Shannon. I lost one of mine last month too....

Comment

Originally posted by srphoenix View Post
                I agree that I don't know exactly what our dwelling places will look like in Heaven, whether we'll have individual homes or we'll live in a more communal state. We do know that God has created us with different personalities though where some like the presence of others more and some like solitude a bit more, yet for everyone a mixture of the two is needed.
                I was thinking again about my personal experience the other day. I am a classic introvert. I need *alone time* after I've been with people too much, to get my psychic energy back, to feel balanced. Other introverts know what I'm talking about.

But the times I've been in Israel, I was totally different. I was so unbelievably happy and felt so truly at home. I had no need to decompress after being with people - I wanted to be people, I sought out every opportunity. I saw everyone as having such fascinating stories that I wanted to hear. We were able to talk deeply, cry and laugh at the same things. I woke up every morning excited to meet with the people I worked with and excited to meet new people. I was constantly busy doing things but the expenditure of energy didn't sap me.

I think the next life will be like that for me. I used to wonder how I would get my *alone time* there but when I remember how I was in Israel, I don't have those thoughts or concerns. I don't believe when I'm perfected I'll have to protect myself from being too tired or unbalanced as I do in this exhausting world. I imagine it will be like that for everyone.

I do know that our home for eternity will be the New Jerusalem, the most wonderful city in all of creation for all of eternity and Christ and God the Father will inhabit it with us, and I can't think of anything more wonderful than that!
                Even better than Israel!
                "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Originally posted by Love Jesus View Post
                  Sorry that I don't post much but I do read alot of posts. Concerning this one I would like to share my thoughts as well. Like other's, I have had my own curiosity. I doubt we will be separated as we have been while on earth. I don't believe we will ever be alone once we get there. We will finally be a family as God intended. As the ONE who created us, I am sure that He knows exactly what we need and I have no anxiety about it. I am more pleased to dwell on what I know WON'T be there such as sorrow, tears, anger, murder, famine, feeling unloved, being alone, sickness, pain, dying, war, abuse, neglect, evil, etc. Wow...won't that be something! Praise God!

Comment

I have thought about "mansions" also and wondered, but to tell you the truth, I will be one of those at the Bema seat of Christ getting a massive tongue lashing over some of my thoughts and sins. So much so that I find myself praying to the Lord to just let me be a 'doorstop' in someone's elses mansion, that way at least I am in heaven.
                    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Comment

Originally posted by In Christ View Post
                      I have thought about "mansions" also and wondered, but to tell you the truth, I will be one of those at the Bema seat of Christ getting a massive tongue lashing over some of my thoughts and sins. So much so that I find myself praying to the Lord to just let me be a 'doorstop' in someone's elses mansion, that way at least I am in heaven.
                      the bema seat is not to judge our sins. Christ has already taken care of that
                      For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

Originally posted by Jlutz View Post
                        the bema seat is not to judge our sins. Christ has already taken care of that
                        This is a true statement, judgement of sin is not the focus. I am reminded of some research I did on this and here is an excerpt I like from a Christian website.

"In 2 Corinthians 5:10, Paul gives the Corinthian church an illustration of the Bema Seat, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad." Paul is teaching us that all Christians will stand before the Bema Seat of Christ. At the Bema Seat, Jesus Christ will bring to light every deed-good or bad-that each believer has done on earth since he or she became a Christian. Every Christian will be rewarded based on his words, deeds, and faithfulness.

In my earlier post I was referring to "my lack" of good things done in the body (thoughts/sins) as compared to what Christ has asked of us (to make disciples of all men), and "my lack" of good-deeds that are worth a reward (leading others to Christ). Thus after Jesus Christ finds me lacking, I will be satisfied to just be there. I expect Christ to find me lacking. I know that there is so much more I could be doing, yet I being as honest as I can, am not where I pray Christ will lead me to be (while here on earth)...
                        The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Comment

I fully identify with you, In Christ. Jesus will wipe away our tears...

Anyway, here's more verses:

11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
                          from 1 Corinthians 3
                          "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Comment

What is Bema seat?

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon9602 View Post
                              What is Bema seat?
                              What’s The Bema Seat Judgment?

Q. Since all Raptured Christians shall appear before the Bema Judgment Seat of Christ to give an account of things done during their lifetimes here, good or bad, I was wondering if you would expound more fully on a Scriptural passage found in 1st Corinthians, Chapter 3, Verse 15 (KJV).

A. The king sat in the Bema Seat at the stadium in Corinth to present the winning athletes their crowns, judging them victorious. So it is with the judgment of raptured Christians. It’s more like an awards ceremony. Since we aren’t saved by our works, but by our faith, this judgment is not related to salvation, but to the things we’ve done since becoming saved that have furthered the work of the Kingdom during our lives. The “race we’ve run” so to speak. Those things done solely out of gratitude for the free gift of salvation we’ve received with no thought for personal gain will earn us various crowns. Those things we’ve done for earthly credit or recognition or in an attempt to earn points with God will be disqualified. In effect 1 Cor. 3:15 states that even if all our earthly work for the Lord is disqualified for improper motives, we’ll still be saved and welcomed into the Kingdom. http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...seat-judgment/

Comment

Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
                                What’s The Bema Seat Judgment?

Q. Since all Raptured Christians shall appear before the Bema Judgment Seat of Christ to give an account of things done during their lifetimes here, good or bad, I was wondering if you would expound more fully on a Scriptural passage found in 1st Corinthians, Chapter 3, Verse 15 (KJV).

A. The king sat in the Bema Seat at the stadium in Corinth to present the winning athletes their crowns, judging them victorious. So it is with the judgment of raptured Christians. It’s more like an awards ceremony. Since we aren’t saved by our works, but by our faith, this judgment is not related to salvation, but to the things we’ve done since becoming saved that have furthered the work of the Kingdom during our lives. The “race we’ve run” so to speak. Those things done solely out of gratitude for the free gift of salvation we’ve received with no thought for personal gain will earn us various crowns. Those things we’ve done for earthly credit or recognition or in an attempt to earn points with God will be disqualified. In effect 1 Cor. 3:15 states that even if all our earthly work for the Lord is disqualified for improper motives, we’ll still be saved and welcomed into the Kingdom. http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...seat-judgment/

Very good analogy ISong! The one reward that all of us at this site and many others will receive is "The Crown of Righteousness" for waiting, loving and glorifying Christ's appearance!

2 Timothy 4
                                8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 1Cor 9:25; 1Pet 5:4;

Back to the OP. We will all have our places in heaven, Christ died and shed his precious blood to cover our sins, then rose again defeating death and sets at the right-hand of God. Christ assended to heaven to prepare a place for us, whether it is a mansion, a room, and apartment and commune is immaterial, as being with Christ and glorifying him in all we do will be our primary focus for eternity. The Bema seat as Isong wrote is a sort of awards ceremony, and has nothing to do with our salavation which we received freely through Christ Jesus. There are many who are called to "Preach" the word of God and this the job they perform daily. There are millions more who are not preachers of the word, but simply children of God who perform a job each day, whether it be a policeman, teacher, grocery store clerk, carpenter or a miriad of other titles, we are to do our daily jobs in the spirit of Christ that others may see Christ in us. One day we will all meet in heaven and glorify Christ together, so regardless of where we lay our heads in heaven, it is the mere fact we are there forever with Christ that deserves our everlasting praise for what he did for us on that cross.

Comment

Working...
                                X