Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Could the whole world witness the rapture? *merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the whole world witness the rapture? *merged*

I’ve always assumed that the rapture will be an event that only Christians will witness and of course be a part of. In a twinkling of an eye, we will be with the Lord as he meets us in the clouds. We will hear the trump and the shout. I’ve wondered how many possible explanations that the world will come up with as to why roughly a billion people have disappeared.

After reading “An overlooked End times verse in Genesis” from the articles, something struck me. The people were, no doubt, ridiculing Noah for building the ark and waiting on God for the flood. In these days, people are mocking and ridiculing the rapture, especially after the false prophet Camping and his failed predictions.

The thing that struck me was when the author, Worline, stated “The reason this man (Camping) became an instant laughing stock was because the people of this generation have struggled so hard and for so long to ignore the vast multitude of signs that are flashing at us from every possible direction. When May 21st came and went the ridicule once again reached a fever pitch, just like it did in the time of Noah when the door to the ark was closed and a huge ship sat baking in the hot sun. Once again we find ourselves waiting for the forecast rainstorm to begin. This time it won’t start as a few intermittent drops of rain gently falling from an ever-darkening sky. It will be more like an unexpected flash of lightning and a deafening blast of thunder from directly overhead when there isn’t a cloud in sight".

The last line has me wondering, could the whole world witness the rapture? I have never considered it before. Although Worline is speaking figuratively with that last sentence, I’m just wondering if there will be more to it then what we think…..Just a thought, What do you guys think?

If you ever went birding, you know this oft repeated phrase:

Look! There!...gone.......

The observant Birder has his/her eyes open. The binoculars are ready to jump right into place. The slow or sluggish rarely get to see even the tail feathers of those elusive "lifers" - birds you add to your life list.

Kind of what I imagine the Rapture to be like. Over so quick, yet everyone will know it happened.

Those looking will see it. They may even get a moment to shout for joy, but before anyone else can turn to see the reason.....

They are gone. Their life list is complete. They see Jesus.

I doubt the rest of the world will see it, but they will most definately see the after effects. It will be obvious.

Look up Arewereadyforthis threads, or Soundingthealarm's posts. A lot of pictures in words of that Blessed Event.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
      If you ever went birding, you know this oft repeated phrase:

Look! There!...gone.......

The observant Birder has his/her eyes open. The binoculars are ready to jump right into place. The slow or sluggish rarely get to see even the tail feathers of those elusive "lifers" - birds you add to your life list.

Kind of what I imagine the Rapture to be like. Over so quick, yet everyone will know it happened.

Those looking will see it. They may even get a moment to shout for joy, but before anyone else can turn to see the reason.....

They are gone. Their life list is complete. They see Jesus.

I doubt the rest of the world will see it, but they will most definately see the after effects. It will be obvious.

Look up Arewereadyforthis threads, or Soundingthealarm's posts. A lot of pictures in words of that Blessed Event.
      Awesome!
      But sad for those left behind....

Comment

The rapture is only visible to Christians. The non-believers left will believe the "great lie" from Satan. There will be the news media talking that aliens have taken us away or perhaps terrorists. Anyway, the world will be left in a mess: Car crashes, airplane crashes, stores almost empty instantly, toddlers gone while their mothers scream for them and others with empty wombs. Praise God I'm gone!

'Walk humbly with the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in all your works and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NKJV
        :morncof

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post

I’ve always assumed that the rapture will be an event that only Christians will witness and of course be a part of. In a twinkling of an eye, we will be with the Lord as he meets us in the clouds. We will hear the trump and the shout. I’ve wondered how many possible explanations that the world will come up with as to why roughly a billion people have disappeared.

After reading “An overlooked End times verse in Genesis” from the articles, something struck me. The people were, no doubt, ridiculing Noah for building the ark and waiting on God for the flood. In these days, people are mocking and ridiculing the rapture, especially after the false prophet Camping and his failed predictions.

The thing that struck me was when the author, Worline, stated “The reason this man (Camping) became an instant laughing stock was because the people of this generation have struggled so hard and for so long to ignore the vast multitude of signs that are flashing at us from every possible direction. When May 21st came and went the ridicule once again reached a fever pitch, just like it did in the time of Noah when the door to the ark was closed and a huge ship sat baking in the hot sun. Once again we find ourselves waiting for the forecast rainstorm to begin. This time it won’t start as a few intermittent drops of rain gently falling from an ever-darkening sky. It will be more like an unexpected flash of lightning and a deafening blast of thunder from directly overhead when there isn’t a cloud in sight".

The last line has me wondering, could the whole world witness the rapture? I have never considered it before. Although Worline is speaking figuratively with that last sentence, I’m just wondering if there will be more to it then what we think…..Just a thought, What do you guys think?
          Cameras will catch it, everyone will see the effects of it, another reason there is no "secret" rapture, just a sudden one.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
          Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
          Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

It turns my stomach to think this, but I honestly believe that many churches will lose very few of their members on that day - especially these mega-purpose driven-churches. And of course the Unitarian Universalists who think they are Christians. There are so many who say they are Christians, but do not believe in Jesus as Savior, that I often wonder just how large our number will be on that day.

There are so many apostate "Christian" churches out there, that they will probably attempt to debunk any speculation that the disappearance was the Rapture. The people who are convinced they are Christians will say that it couldn't possibly have been the Rapture because they are still here! So some other excuse will be made for the disappearance of so many, and people will continue in their blindness.
            sigpic

Comment

I've posted this before, have a look at how some new agers are explaining the rapture. Might provide some insight into how it will be explained away come that day...

Rapture: New Age Version
              sigpic

Luke 21:28

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

Comment

Originally posted by $teve View Post
                I've posted this before, have a look at how some new agers are explaining the rapture. Might provide some insight into how it will be explained away come that day...

Rapture: New Age Version
                Wow! All I can say is Wow! Frightening how many people will immediately believe this because the idea of a select group being saved and them not being part of it will be too much for them to deal with.
                "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38)

Comment

Once the Restrainer is removed, the world will be susceptible to higher degrees of deception I assume.

Comment

Tons of cameras everywhere.

Paratransit and buses have cameras. Work has cameras. Grocery store and Walmart have cameras.

If I'm not asleep in bed, they'll have me on camera!

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                    I get my Bibles here

Comment

Originally posted by stauros View Post
                      There are so many apostate "Christian" churches out there, that they will probably attempt to debunk any speculation that the disappearance was the Rapture. The people who are convinced they are Christians will say that it couldn't possibly have been the rapture because they are still here! So some other excuse will be made for the disappearance of so many, and people will continue in their blindness.
                      I bolded this part of the post, because even now, most mainline churches no longer teach the truth of the rapture. We have been in churches where we felt either shunned or mocked because of our belief in what God's Word teaches about end times. So, I guess I would have to say that I respectfully disagree that people would say it isn't the rapture because they are still here If they don't believe in it now, they won't likely even think of it then, and will fall victim to the grand deception that will prevail.

I would be curious to know just 'how many' churches in any given community ever hear Rapture preached from the pulpit or taught in the Sunday School/Bible study hour that is held just prior to the preaching service?

Another thought: Remember how the soldiers guarding Jesus' grave became 'as dead men' when the stone was rolled away? I think perhaps something like that will happen during the rapture moment. People's eyes may glaze over as if they are in a twilight moment, then when they regain consciousness, the other person will be gone, but no one remembers/knows where they went.
                      sigpic
                      -Lynn

Comment

Lynn, my grandmother taught me about the rapture. I have never heard the rapture preached in church.

I don't know how, but somehow my husband also learned, independent of a church.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                        'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                        I get my Bibles here

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                          So, I guess I would have to say that I respectfully disagree that people would say it isn't the rapture because they are still here If they don't believe in it now, they won't likely even think of it then, and will fall victim to the grand deception that will prevail.

I would be curious to know just 'how many' churches in any given community ever hear Rapture preached from the pulpit or taught in the Sunday School/Bible study hour that is held just prior to the preaching service?
                          I thought of that too

I'm lucky that my pastor doesn't shy away from mentioning the Rapture. I am still new to that church, but I believe they have studied Revelation in depth before. They even mention the Rapture in their "beliefs" page on their website, which is the main reason I decided to start attending.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post

If I'm not asleep in bed, they'll have me on camera!

What a great way to wake up!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stauros View Post
                              I'm lucky that my pastor doesn't shy away from mentioning the Rapture. I am still new to that church, but I believe they have studied Revelation in depth before. They even mention the Rapture in their "beliefs" page on their website, which is the main reason I decided to start attending.
                              We are members of a church where the rapture is taught, too, (taught mostly by my dh who shares some of the teaching load) but it's the first one in a v-e-r-r-r-y long time that we've heard it even mentioned in passing. The rapture gives me hope, as I think it does everyone who reads their Bible and believes what it says. What a shame that so many of God's children are being denied this precious teaching due to their pastors not wanting to 'open up that can of worms', given the fact that the rapture has become such a 'controversial' topic.
                              sigpic
                              -Lynn

Comment

Working...
                              X