X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serene
    started a topic Could the whole world witness the rapture? *merged*

Could the whole world witness the rapture? *merged*

Iíve always assumed that the rapture will be an event that only Christians will witness and of course be a part of. In a twinkling of an eye, we will be with the Lord as he meets us in the clouds. We will hear the trump and the shout. Iíve wondered how many possible explanations that the world will come up with as to why roughly a billion people have disappeared.

After reading ďAn overlooked End times verse in GenesisĒ from the articles, something struck me. The people were, no doubt, ridiculing Noah for building the ark and waiting on God for the flood. In these days, people are mocking and ridiculing the rapture, especially after the false prophet Camping and his failed predictions.

The thing that struck me was when the author, Worline, stated ďThe reason this man (Camping) became an instant laughing stock was because the people of this generation have struggled so hard and for so long to ignore the vast multitude of signs that are flashing at us from every possible direction. When May 21st came and went the ridicule once again reached a fever pitch, just like it did in the time of Noah when the door to the ark was closed and a huge ship sat baking in the hot sun. Once again we find ourselves waiting for the forecast rainstorm to begin. This time it wonít start as a few intermittent drops of rain gently falling from an ever-darkening sky. It will be more like an unexpected flash of lightning and a deafening blast of thunder from directly overhead when there isnít a cloud in sight".

The last line has me wondering, could the whole world witness the rapture? I have never considered it before. Although Worline is speaking figuratively with that last sentence, Iím just wondering if there will be more to it then what we thinkÖ..Just a thought, What do you guys think?

Guest replied
    Originally posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
    I put this on here to see who caught what I did. People are getting rapture and tribulation scriptures mixed up.

Leave a comment:

• LightOfMyLife
    replied
    Originally posted by RandallB View Post
    Sorry... but in that article Roger Pritchett totally blew the context of his Matt 24 verses by making them apply to the Church.

Jesus never taught on the rapture. It was a Mystery until Paul introduced the Rapture about 20 years after the cross in his letters to the Colossians and the Thessalonians.

And as we all know that if you don't keep in context all you got is a pretext.
    I put this on here to see who caught what I did. People are getting rapture and tribulation scriptures mixed up.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
    Check this article out by our own rapture ready. http://www.raptureready.com/soap/pritchett2.html
    Sorry... but in that article Roger Pritchett totally blew the context of his Matt 24 verses by making them apply to the Church.

The context is clearly shown just a few verses earlier in Matt 24:29-30.

Matt 24:29-30
    29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
    The context is After the Tribulation, After the sun and moon are darkened, After stars fall from heaven, After the sign of the Son of man, After all the tribes morn, After they see the Son of Man -- the 2nd Coming. Clearly After the Rapture which was at least 7 years earlier.

Jesus never taught on the rapture. It was a Mystery until Paul introduced the Rapture about 20 years after the cross in his letters to the Corinthians and the Thessalonians. 1 Corinthians 15:51-52, 1 Thess. 1:10, 1 Thess. 4:17.

And as we all know that if you don't keep in context all you got is a pretext.

Leave a comment:

• tardisdoctor
    replied
    Where do you get the idea that the number of mortal Christians is decreasing in the world?
    My guess is that OP (correct me if I'm wrong) is possibly looking at the dwindling number of Americans who identify and adhere to a solid Biblical/Christian worldview (belief in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior and His life, death, and resurrection as sufficient and only payment for the remission of their sins, the infallibility of the Word of God, and the existence of Hell, Satan, and his demons), especially considering how the MSM portrays Christianity as an unpopular and outdated belief system. While those perceptions are (probably) true among the un-churched, we would be remiss to forget how God is growing the Church in areas where it is illegal to be a Christian. I hear of so much colossal movement towards the truth of the Gospel in China and other parts of the world.

Originally posted by Batman View Post
    When I think of the doubt and rebellion that continued even after the Jews and Egyptians saw God in action to release the slaves I see no reason why our society would still disbelieve and rebel after the rapture and not take God seriously. The same can be said for many other direct witnesses of miracles; especially those alive at the time of our Lord and Saviors life, death, and resurrection. In fact, Revelation may indicate that they get direct word and voice from God Himself during the 7 years and still reject.
    What's more is to think how Jesus Christ will physically reign over His Kingdom during the Millenium and there will still be people with the innate fallen human nature that reject Him! We are fully incapable of governing ourselves as a race.

Leave a comment:

• LightOfMyLife
    replied
    Check this article out by our own rapture ready. http://www.raptureready.com/soap/pritchett2.html

Leave a comment:

• Jan51
    replied
    Originally posted by RandallB View Post
    Therefore these One Taken and One Left Behind verses are AFTER the tribulation and after the 2nd Coming.
    Therefore these verses are definitely after the Rapture.

The "One Taken" means "Accepted" into the Kingdom as a mortal.
    The "One Left" means "Sent Away" into the torments side of Hades.

This points to the Sheep/Goats judgement.
    Compare Mat. 13:36-43, 47-50

Leave a comment:

• Batman
    replied
    When I think of the doubt and rebellion that continued even after the Jews and Egyptians saw God in action to release the slaves I see no reason why our society would still disbelieve and rebel after the rapture and not take God seriously. The same can be said for many other direct witnesses of miracles; especially those alive at the time of our Lord and Saviors life, death, and resurrection. In fact, Revelation may indicate that they get direct word and voice from God Himself during the 7 years and still reject.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by A Cast Sheep View Post
    Still my question remains-- maybe by the time the rapture occurs there just won't be many believers in this world... so if that were the case, and there is only a small amount, then the rapture may not have a huge affect. What if He waits until it is like the days of Noah-- and it was only Noah's family in this whole world that knew God? What if this world gets to that point where there just aren't that many Christians to be raptured?!
    Where do you get the idea that the number of mortal Christians is decreasing in the world?

The five fastest growing religions by conversions (new adherents per year, in millions):

1. Christianity 2,501,396
    2. Islam 865,558
    3. Buddhism 156,609
    4. Sikhism 28,961
    5. Baha'is 26,333

• At slightly less than 2 billion, Christianity makes up about a third of the world population and approximately the same as the two next largest religions combined; Islam and Hinduism. Christianity is also the only religion represented in all 238 surveyed countries.

• The largest religion (Christianity) is aprox. 68% larger than the second largest religion (Islam) and 246% larger than the third largest religion (Hinduism).

http://fastestgrowingreligion.com/numbers.html

Leave a comment:

• pixelpusher
    replied
    Originally posted by IMSAVED View Post
    First of all you can not put a number on how many people will go in the Rapture.Only God knows that.The verse that you are talking about which is "One taken and One left" is regarding the second coming not the Rapture.
    Thank you for making me go back and study this.

Steve and Randall, thanks for the links.

Have to admit, I'm a bit shaken, now I wonder what else I've misunderstood along the way.

Leave a comment:

• A Cast Sheep
    replied
    Still my question remains-- maybe by the time the rapture occurs there just won't be many believers in this world... so if that were the case, and there is only a small amount, then the rapture may not have a huge affect. What if He waits until it is like the days of Noah-- and it was only Noah's family in this whole world that knew God? What if this world gets to that point where there just aren't that many Christians to be raptured?!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As you said pixelpusher But of that day and hour no one knows is referring to the 2nd Coming not the Rapture.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ikvot-hama...or-the-hour-2/

Originally Posted by HisBeloved
    I think the verses in the book of Luke 17:26-36 absolutely refer to the rapture.
    Well....

Those passages in Luke are parallel to Matthew 24:36-41. As stated up-thread the context for these verses is after Matt 24:29-30.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
    Therefore these One Taken and One Left Behind verses are AFTER the tribulation and after the 2nd Coming.
    Therefore these verses are definitely after the Rapture.

The "One Taken" means "Accepted" into the Kingdom as a mortal.
    The "One Left" means "Sent Away" into the torments side of Hades.

This points to the Sheep/Goats judgement.

Leave a comment:

• Steve53
    replied
    Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post
    I always thought these were rapture verses?

When the AOD happens, will people not be able to calculate the Second Coming from that date?

Days of Noah, the ark was a type of the rapture, no?

Why does it say one will be "taken"? I don't think there is any taking going on when Christ comes back to earth on the Mt of Olives?

I'm absolutely open to learning here, please correct me. And no, I'm not trying to put a number on the rapture. But I do hope it's way more than 1000.

Edit: OK, am I totally taking Matt 24:36 -> out of context? The context being Matt 24:29 "after the tribulation of those days?" The ones being taken are tribulation saints, gathered by the angels sent forth in verse 31? This is all Second Coming?
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1381...-of-Heaven-God

Leave a comment:

• HisBeloved
    replied
    First of all you can not put a number on how many people will go in the Rapture.Only God knows that.The verse that you are talking about which is "One taken and One left" is regarding the second coming not the Rapture.

I think the verses in the book of Luke 17:26-36 absolutely refer to the rapture.

Leave a comment:

• pixelpusher
    replied
    Matthew 24
    36“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.37“For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.38“For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,39and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be.40“Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left.41“Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one will be left.

Be Ready for His Coming

42“Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming.43“But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.44“For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

I always thought these were rapture verses?

When the AOD happens, will people not be able to calculate the Second Coming from that date?

Days of Noah, the ark was a type of the rapture, no?

Why does it say one will be "taken"? I don't think there is any taking going on when Christ comes back to earth on the Mt of Olives?

I'm absolutely open to learning here, please correct me. And no, I'm not trying to put a number on the rapture. But I do hope it's way more than 1000.

Edit: OK, am I totally taking Matt 24:36 -> out of context? The context being Matt 24:29 "after the tribulation of those days?" The ones being taken are tribulation saints, gathered by the angels sent forth in verse 31? This is all Second Coming?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X