Could the whole world witness the rapture? *merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shonsu View Post
    It is my opinion that the number of true Christians is quite low (a million or less) so it won't be as bad as many think.
    Interesting. I can't know if your right or wrong, none of us can. I'm curious as to why you think such a low number though. Is there really only less than a million people worldwide who are born again, who place their faith in Jesus alone and His finished work of the Cross? That's a true Christian and the only requirement that I know of to be raptured.

I'm not sure if your including the dead in Christ, who will be resurrected before the rapture of the living, but hopefully the number is well over a million. I believe Jesus would have made the same sacrifice for 1, so if it's only a million, who am I to question Him. In the roughly 2000 years of the Age of Grace, the Church wouldn't have been very successful in it's purpose if only less than a million were born again believers out of the billions who have existed since then until now. Like I said though, no one can know the number for sure other than God Himself, but in this case I hope you are wrong.
    1 CORINTHIANS 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

ROMANS 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
    For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Comment

OK here is a loving challenge to every member of Christ's body;

If/When we suddenly disappear, will people notice our absence?

Will they become frantic as the haunting words start to echo?

Will friends and family suddenly realize You had answers and rush to your empty home/office looking for
      something - anything?

Although God will be screaming at this unbelieving world through the witness of the Rapture,

Why not add our voices? If we do believe, people should know it.

One day all the mockers will be "eating crow". Let's bake some pies.
      It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
      sigpic

Comment

It is my opinion that the number of true Christians is quite low (a million or less) so it won't be as bad as many think.
        There were over 1 million men in Washington DC roughly 10 years ago at a promise seekers gathering. It was one the most amazing gatherings of worship I have ever been associated with. We would break out spontaneously in singing worship songs in the mall and on the metro transportation system. Many men I know who are saved did not attend nor did their wives or children. This is just one Country of believers. Maybe all of the men who attended were not saved but I do believe most were. All that to say our God is powerful to save and I feel strongly you have vastly under estimated the number of folks in the true church who will be raptured as the bride of Christ.

Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Comment

Surely you jest! Or was that sarcasm?
          1 million out of 7 billion people!
          John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Comment

There are more than a million innocent children who will disappear. Whatever the number is, it will be a number great enough that the world will take notice. They will be fearful, confused, and the ensuing chaos will be the cause of untold disasters and terror.

Comment

Finally, someone with a guess lower than mine . I just read Inside the Revolution, by Joel Rosenberg. From the book I might conclude that as a percentage of the population, there may be more raptured from some of the Islamic nations than from the U.S. I suspect that the numbers from the U.S. as a percentage of the population, will be quite modest... But I think the number will be significantly more than 1 million... hope we find out soon...
              Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

The chaos caused by the rapture will cause a perfect vaccum for the AC rise to power. You mention people in planes what about people who will be hit by planes falling? That senario could keep spinning on forever. The rapture seems to be a definite cutting off of the Age of Grace.

Comment

Originally posted by LANDMAN View Post
                  I feel the same way as you. I'm really worried about my dog and all of the innocent animals as well. I pray that the Lord will take care of them.
                  I believe the Lord will take care of my sweet little pug because He knows how much we love him and he is not just a pet but a member of our family. I think Puggy will either be raptured with us or be waiting in my house/home in heaven for me when I get there.
                  Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

Comment

What will be so startling will be the empty wombs of the pregnant women. Suddenly, their baby is gone. That will happen to the unbelieving moms.

'Walk humbly with the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in all your works and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NKJV

Comment

Warning Enough

1 Thessalonians 4:16
                      "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first."

If I am driving I think I might have enough warning to at least pull over to the side of the road. Having said that, I think it will be a scene of general chaos. In comparison, we live in peaceful and merciful times with plenty of reasons and opportunities to repent but it will all end in an instant. Wrath is wrath. The Bible is full of examples of what happens to those who don't heed God's clear and patient warnings.

I know it feels like there are only a million Christians on the Earth right now but I am always surprised at how many Christians are really out there. When I read on Yahoo News about Kirk Cameron defending his views on homosexuality I was happy and more than a little surprised to see that the majority of opinions expressed there in the thread were supportive and mostly from Christians.

Comment

Originally posted by acelow View Post
                        Something I have wondered about for a while now. When the rapture occurs what happens to the planes, autos, etc. that are in use? I think that the conventional wisdom is that all these vehicles are going to crash, this seems like a no brainer, but what happens to the passengers who are not saved? Will the Lord allows these people to die? (I guess there could be some foxhole conversions) or would he have his angels intervene and take control of these vehicles to prevent them from crashing. Think about this,
                        The Rapture is the first of many judgments upon the earth for not following God's will; the Age of Grace has ended.

Originally posted by NoProvision View Post
                        1 Thessalonians 4:16
                        "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first."

If I am driving I think I might have enough warning to at least pull over to the side of the road. Having said that, I think it will be a scene of general chaos. In comparison, we live in peaceful and merciful times with plenty of reasons and opportunities to repent but it will all end in an instant. Wrath is wrath. The Bible is full of examples of what happens to those who don't heed God's clear and patient warnings.
                        The rapture is a nanosecond, no time to park the car or land the plane. The Age of Grace has ended. There are silly books out there that say there will be time but that is just not true.

Originally posted by NoProvision View Post

I know it feels like there are only a million Christians on the Earth right now but I am always surprised at how many Christians are really out there. When I read on Yahoo News about Kirk Cameron defending his views on homosexuality I was happy and more than a little surprised to see that the majority of opinions expressed there in the thread were supportive and mostly from Christians.
                        yes, few be that find it.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                        Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                        Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

First thought, dude, it's going to be hell on earth.

Second thought: percentage wise, there are not a lot of Christians in the overall population. Maybe a few percent. Still plenty of mayhem, though.

Third thought: God could arrange a super storm or severe weather events to blanket the cities with the highest percentage of Christians, thus keeping the total traffic to a minimum.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                          'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                          I get my Bibles here

Comment

I think Pistos is on the right track. Let's say a plane glides uneventfully onto a flat surface after the crew is Raptured. The AC could eventually claim that he and his forces "saved" the passengers from dying during the process of transferring those ignorant, bigoted Christians to their re-education and attitude adjustment camps on the planet Kumbaya.

Comment

Originally posted by penbrat View Post
                              I believe the Lord will take care of my sweet little pug because He knows how much we love him and he is not just a pet but a member of our family. I think Puggy will either be raptured with us or be waiting in my house/home in heaven for me when I get there.
                              Thank you, penbrat! I have felt the same thing. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who really has this "feeling" (??) that our dear pets will either "disappear" at the same moment, and awaiting us when we get there! Just think how much an " icing on the cake" it would be after our meeting our dear Lord and having our feast and the Bema Seat, then being ushered to our new home where our dear pets will be awaiting us!!!
                              Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

sigpic

Comment

Your pets will await you. However, their fleas, ticks, and other parasites will remain here to help spread various plagues during the Trib. The more talented bugs will be selected to perform in Flea Circuses.

Comment

Working...
                                X