Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Could the whole world witness the rapture? *merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all due respects to my esteemed colleagues, I'm not so sure the unbelievers won't "see" the rapture.

As already quoted, Elisha was seen rising in a chariot and even dropped his cloak on the way up. And Jesus was witnessed by many as they watched him ascend (Acts 1:10-11). And the 2 witnesses will be seen ascending (Rev 11:11-12).

1 Cor 15:52 says we will be CHANGED in the twinkling of an eye, not ascended. Granted, it won't be slow but I'm not sure it will be like Harry Houdini either with a puff of smoke (or light! )

Just a thought.
    Regards,
    Kevin <><<

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      With all due respects to my esteemed colleagues, I'm not so sure the unbelievers won't "see" the rapture.

As already quoted, Elisha was seen rising in a chariot and even dropped his cloak on the way up. And Jesus was witnessed by many as they watched him ascend (Acts 1:10-11). And the 2 witnesses will be seen ascending (Rev 11:11-12).

1 Cor 15:52 says we will be CHANGED in the twinkling of an eye, not ascended. Granted, it won't be slow but I'm not sure it will be like Harry Houdini either with a puff of smoke (or light! )

Just a thought.

If that were the case, then the whole world would at that time do their best to figure out how to get where we have gone. And according to the Bible, that will not be the case. The Rapture is gonna have to be viewed as a bad thing, in order to get the AC to have every one follow him.
      (not facts, just oppinion)

Comment

Originally posted by gradywhite View Post
        If that were the case, then the whole world would at that time do their best to figure out how to get where we have gone.
        not if they believe the raptured went to a bad place, then they would not want to try to go there

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
        Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
        Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
          Lynn, my grandmother taught me about the rapture. I have never heard the rapture preached in church.

I don't know how, but somehow my husband also learned, independent of a church.
          Other than Father's Day, I've spent the last several weeks preaching on the Rapture and now on the Tribulation.
          Eternal life is not a reward for effort. It is a gift to those who trust Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by gradywhite View Post
            The Rapture is gonna have to be viewed as a bad thing, in order to get the AC to have every one follow him.
            (not facts, just oppinion)
            I am just going to expand on the thought you started here. The Bible states the following about why people follow the AC in 2 Thessalonians 2 beginning in v7-12:

7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.

8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

God's Word states that they follow the anti-Christ because they did not receive the love of the truth that they might be saved. They are condemned because they had pleasure (liked, loved, enjoyed) in unrighteousness (wickedness, not being in right standing with God). Revelation is a picture of this. Those who will repent unto salvation will do so at great peril, few surviving, most being seen in spirit at different times before the Lord, singing to Him and praiseing Him, while waiting for their glorified body. Some will repent and get right with the Lord, and the Lord works all things for good for those who love Him, even those left behind but repent during the Tribulation, especially the Rapture. I think that is important to remember, especially for those who have unsaved loved ones who they have witnessed to and told about the Rapture as well. God is merciful and He is just. Until you take the MOB or you die, you can repent, keep patient, and keep God's Word and either end up populating the MK or you will end up in Heaven dressed in white before the Lord. The Rapture will be used for good for anyone who loves the truth, even then. It's only bad to those who have no love of the truth and love unrighteousness. The Lord has to sort that out at that time, just like right now. Do you remember those days when you were not in right standing with the Lord and maybe someone looked at you and said that you could never be saved, that you would never repent?

Ya'll realize that the Rapture has to be something that is hidden, a mystery, within the Old Testament in order for it to have been taught in the New Testament by the apostles? There was no New Testament when the apostles taught the Gospel (including Paul) and they did not have anything but the Old Testament to draw from, expound and explain to anyone. The Lord had to have unveiled specific understanding [to Paul] for him to have a basis to teach it because whatever Paul taught, there was always scripture to back it up or that would be adding to God's Word, which cannot be done. Jesus is God's Word, and we cannot add to, water down, or take away from Him and the Bible warns us in more than one place about this. He is a person, completely perfect, holy and complete. That means that those 144,000 Israelite evangelists will understand what has happened with the Rapture and will be able to explain it as they share Jesus Christ during their Tribulation ministry with the benefit of the New Testament and the Rapture having occurred as a ministry tool. Fulfilled prophecy only helps ministry, never hurts it.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintTexas View Post
              I am just going to expand on the thought you started here. The Bible states the following about why people follow the AC in 2 Thessalonians 2 beginning in v7-12:

7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.

8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

God's Word states that they follow the anti-Christ because they did not receive the love of the truth that they might be saved. They are condemned because they had pleasure (liked, loved, enjoyed) in unrighteousness (wickedness, not being in right standing with God). Revelation is a picture of this. Those who will repent unto salvation will do so at great peril, few surviving, most being seen in spirit at different times before the Lord, singing to Him and praiseing Him, while waiting for their glorified body. Some will repent and get right with the Lord, and the Lord works all things for good for those who love Him, even those left behind but repent during the Tribulation, especially the Rapture. I think that is important to remember, especially for those who have unsaved loved ones who they have witnessed to and told about the Rapture as well. God is merciful and He is just. Until you take the MOB or you die, you can repent, keep patient, and keep God's Word and either end up populating the MK or you will end up in Heaven dressed in white before the Lord. The Rapture will be used for good for anyone who loves the truth, even then. It's only bad to those who have no love of the truth and love unrighteousness. The Lord has to sort that out at that time, just like right now. Do you remember those days when you were not in right standing with the Lord and maybe someone looked at you and said that you could never be saved, that you would never repent?

Ya'll realize that the Rapture has to be something that is hidden, a mystery, within the Old Testament in order for it to have been taught in the New Testament by the apostles? There was no New Testament when the apostles taught the Gospel (including Paul) and they did not have anything but the Old Testament to draw from, expound and explain to anyone. The Lord had to have unveiled specific understanding [to Paul] for him to have a basis to teach it because whatever Paul taught, there was always scripture to back it up or that would be adding to God's Word, which cannot be done. Jesus is God's Word, and we cannot add to, water down, or take away from Him and the Bible warns us in more than one place about this. He is a person, completely perfect, holy and complete. That means that those 144,000 Israelite evangelists will understand what has happened with the Rapture and will be able to explain it as they share Jesus Christ during their Tribulation ministry with the benefit of the New Testament and the Rapture having occurred as a ministry tool. Fulfilled prophecy only helps ministry, never hurts it.

Your highlighted verses, seem to me to say "God will make every one left on earth think the rapture was no big deal".
              Before I comment/question any more, will you clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post

Just a thought.
                I agree Kevin...good verses... for those who think this will be hard to explain should remember that many will be raptured at night and many parts of the world will have so few Christians they will not witness anyone ascending.

I can see some guy going into the kitchen for a drink and when he returns to the TV his wife is gone. God will orchestrate this down to the most minute detail to accomplish His will.
                Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by turalura View Post
                  The rapture is only visible to Christians. The non-believers left will believe the "great lie" from Satan. There will be the news media talking that aliens have taken us away or perhaps terrorists. Anyway, the world will be left in a mess: Car crashes, airplane crashes, stores almost empty instantly, toddlers gone while their mothers scream for them and others with empty wombs. Praise God I'm gone!
                  At least part of the rapture will be seen by the lost--that of the graves of the believer,s being dug out instantly by God so the dead body can raise.They may see mounds of dirt instantly appear--I think that,s as much as they will see because the rapture is a spiritual event,heard by spiritual ears-on a different plane of existance than the physical one we are on now.

Comment

Originally posted by 24thchance View Post
                    At least part of the rapture will be seen by the lost--that of the graves of the believer,s being dug out instantly by God so the dead body can raise.They may see mounds of dirt instantly appear--I think that,s as much as they will see because the rapture is a spiritual event,heard by spiritual ears-on a different plane of existance than the physical one we are on now.
                    Yes, the rapture is a spiritual event. Jesus is coming for his church. Only the believers will hear the trumpet and the call and be lifted up with Him along with those resurrected believers. The rapture is instant and for the Church only. However, as we know, The second coming of Christ will be seen by the whole world!

'Walk humbly with the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in all your works and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NKJV
                    :morncof

Comment

I believe that it will be seen and evidence of the event will be everywhere ( crashed planes, ripped open graves, missing people). I do also believe that there will be lots of explanations to calm the masses----billions of Islamics will say that allah removed the infidels, new agers will spew the cleansing of the unenlightened theories, UFO whackos will believe in a grand abduction and of course, one will come on the scene with a Grand Lie which will be a great deception. People will be desperate for an explanation and reassurance amid the chaos...as order is restored through martial law--it may even become mandatory that citizens verbally avow that they accept the explanation and/or deny that it was a "rapture"...

One quick fact if I may.....a PEW research study/poll that I read in the USA Today a while ago had these jaw-dropping numbers:

--Over 80% of Americans still identify themself as Christian
                      -- Of those 80%, only 40% believed the Bible was the inerrant word of God and..
                      -- Only 27% of those who called themselves Christian believe that salvation through Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven

The point? The fact that as many as 70% of people who call themselves "Christians" may still be left behind. If this is so, then it will be easier to discredit the event as the Rapture and say it was something else. They'll probably say things like, " look at the millions of Jesus believing Mormans who are here" or " hardly any of the Catholics I know disappeared and most of the priesthood is here, and look at most of the televangelists and christian authors who are still here--it must have another explanation"..then enter the anti-christ with the great deception which will be a piece of cake with the discerning Holy Spirit gone......

Comment

Luke 12..40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

we know this is the rapture.
                        Ok.

For the last 15 years or so I can think of only one time where i went like a week without thinking about the Rapture of the church, and that was right after 9/11.
                        It was such a distraction that the thought of the Rapture just fled my mind.

Now I know all of us and many people think about the Rapture every day right?
                        But it says in Luke that he will come at a time when we are not thinking about it.

That could be a general statement meaning the world and the worldly will not expect it.
                        But it could also mean that the Rapture could occur in the midst of some huge global
                        disaster or conflagration of some kind.
                        Which will have the whole worlds attention while Jesus quietly and silently snatches away his Church.
                        Most people may even be glued to their TV sets so they wont even see grandma Disappear right out of the kitchen.

Also remember Jesus said the way is straight and narrow and few their be that find it.
                        I think their are alot fewer true saved Christians than we think.

70% or some such of Americans claim to be Christians ,
                        that number is actually much smaller.
                        Because it has to do with the real church.
                        People who claim Christ and show signs of true belief.
                        things like Sanctification ,regeneration , Repentance , Obedience ,A love for Gods word and a real turning from sin.
                        Not people who are friends with the world system and love sin.
                        I think its possible that we could all slip away without much notice.
                        I might be wrong.

But some people think all of us Christians being taken will leave some huge hole in the world.
                        How much a part of this world are we really?
                        And also God doesn't need any help in collapsing the whole world in on itself once we are gone.

Also the use of the analogy (Thief in the night)
                        Just how much noise and hoopla does a thief in the night make?
                        Generally speaking you don't know he was even their until the next morning when you wake up and notice some things are missing.

Just my opinion...I may be way off base on this..

Comment

Lousy % ---3.3% of Americans saved.

I am trying to establish some sort of base number as to how many people are saved as a % in America.A rough guide may be 1st kings 19:18 where God tells Elijah there are still 7,000 in Israel who were still faith full to their God.I add the 2 numberings of Israel together and divide by 2 .That is the average # that we know of,figure out what % of that # is 7,000 people,and these are the numbers (Are the Jews just as stubborn as Americans as to accepting the Lord?) Since the women and children were not counted in the numberings(just the men) I think I multiply by 3.
                          In any case the numbers work out to be 1 in 86.11 male Jews did not bow the knee to baal.This comes out to be about 1.1 % believers of jewish men,x 3= 3.3% of all the Jews(including women and children) did not bow.This seems very low,am I figuring this right? Are there more believers in America as a % than that? I think so but I,m not sure-I need more wisdom here fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.Tell me what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by 24thchance View Post
                            I am trying to establish some sort of base number as to how many people are saved as a % in America.A rough guide may be 1st kings 19:18 where God tells Elijah there are still 7,000 in Israel who were still faith full to their God.I add the 2 numberings of Israel together and divide by 2 .That is the average # that we know of,figure out what % of that # is 7,000 people,and these are the numbers (Are the Jews just as stubborn as Americans as to accepting the Lord?) Since the women and children were not counted in the numberings(just the men) I think I multiply by 3.
                            In any case the numbers work out to be 1 in 86.11 male Jews did not bow the knee to baal.This comes out to be about 1.1 % believers of jewish men,x 3= 3.3% of all the Jews(including women and children) did not bow.This seems very low,am I figuring this right? Are there more believers in America as a % than that? I think so but I,m not sure-I need more wisdom here fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.Tell me what you think.
                            Looks like accurate stats to me, few find it, not even church members are looking in the right places anymore.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                            Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                            Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

I think there will be a fair amount of people that realize that the rapture has happened (maybe not be witnessing the ascension itself), but because we have witnessed to them about it.

In my own family of parents still alive, 5 brothers and 4 sisters, one brother and I are the "crazy" Christians. I have 3 other brothers who are saved, but they don't witness or talk about the bible. It has been over 21 years since I accepted Jesus as my Saviour and I have talked to family members, my mom alot, sent her the sinner's prayer.

I pray for my unsaved family members all the time. However, when the Rapture happens and they are unsaved, they will know that my brother and I were not "crazy".

I have a friend who is saved, but she doesn't like me to talk about the Rapture. I have another friend whose boyfriend has read the Bible from front to back and he is unsaved. He can quote scripture and knows chapter and verse. But unsaved. My friend is saved and she has tried to reach him, but he is still on the fence.

There will be the spouses where one is saved and the other isn't. The left behind spouse knew that his wife was saved and they spoke about it but he didn't accept Jesus as his Saviour.

Comment

Well I concur with what many have said, that the Rapture will happen at a time when the world least expects it. I can imagine that it will be such a surprising event that people wont realise at first what has happened. I mean, its a "snatching away".
                                All I can say is that it is going to be frightening for all the people left behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X