No announcement yet.

Could the whole world witness the rapture? *merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praise God, our Pastor teaches on the pre-trib rapture too. We had a prophecy conference two years ago with Tim Lehay, Ed Hindson, and others. This year we had an Israel In Promise and Prophecy conference at our church and we strongly support Israel!!! I love my church!!!

Comment

The whole world will know when the rapture comes. We see that in the parable of the ten virgins in Matthew 25 especially in verses 6 and 7. People usually assume that everyone will deny it. Where does it say that? There may be a great oppurtunity for a billion to repent. First look at the 144,000 in Revelation 7:4-8. These people miss the rapture, They will see or hear it. They get saved later. Next look at Revelation 7:9. A great multitude, which no man could number gets saved. They will know about the rapture and will not be denying it. I am praying for at least a billion.

Comment

I have always been taught it will not be witnessed. That the Second Coming will be. But then I mean, if you are not saved and you're talking with someone saved and they are raptured, how could someone not notice??

Comment

Originally posted by Kays View Post
          I have always been taught it will not be witnessed. That the Second Coming will be. But then I mean, if you are not saved and you're talking with someone saved and they are raptured, how could someone not notice??
          The rapture will obviously be noticed.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
          Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
          Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

I always wandered about the earthquake theory. Where in the new testament Jesus was raised from the dead during an earthquake and the two witnesses were raised during an earthquake. Since the dead in Christ rise first, I assumed it would be in a world wide earthquake and then we'd dissapear. The unbelievers may just assume those of us that are gone were "swallowed up" and just not look for us, but then again that doesn't account for the babies that were in their mother's wombs and dissapeared.

Comment

This is what I was taught and it certainly parallels what we know to be the Rapture of the Church

Originally posted by $teve View Post
              I've posted this before, have a look at how some new agers are explaining the rapture. Might provide some insight into how it will be explained away come that day...

Rapture: New Age Version
              When I was involved in the movement in the early 80's before God saved me, the demon spirit through my instructor would repeat over and over again that there would be coming a time that all those who were not fit, those who were stuck in the old ways, that were not of the One Universal mind , would perish in some cataclysmic event . (that's why it was important to get in touch with our spirit guides, this was the main reason to learn to channel the spirits, to gain this ancient wisdom and instruction for this power, so that we would be left behind. (Earth dwellers in the book of Revelation? These are the ones who receive the mark of the beast as far as I am concerned) There is predicted within this New Age Movement a great earthquake which will be brought on from the shifting of the poles , which they believe they are doing , working together in a convergence of harmony, some kind of mind link, to bring it on . Then all those who are not fit to occupy the planet will die, sort of like a cleansing .
              Since I did not know any scripture at the time when I took part in this occult , I had no idea of the similarity of this and the Rapture.
              But its ok for the leftist media to mock Biblical Christians', right?
              We have all of the truth within the Bible, and there are enough Bibles out there for these people who have been duped into believing these lies to find the truth. They can find God in the Holy Bible beginning in Genesis and they will learn as I did the lie that they have swallowed is the same lie Adam and Eve believed which brought death and separation from God their Creator.. But God made a way for mankind to be redeemed back into fellowship with Himself through Jesus Christ, who is our Redeemer.

Comment

I always thought the Bible provides the best possible commentary for what we could hope to expect. There were two prior raptures in the Old Testament where raptured saint was alive.

The first is in Genesis 5 with Enoch. There is very little that is said, there. Just one verse (24):

21 Enoch lived sixty-five years, and begot Methuselah. 22 After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God three hundred years, and had sons and daughters. 23 So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. 24 And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.

Enoch was a man of faith in the Lord. For whatever reason, the Lord took Enoch. Flesh cannot enter Heaven, so we know that the corruptible and mortal Enoch was changed to incorruptible and immortal when he was taken. Someone saw this happen and passed the story down through Noah (and his descendants). But there was at least one eyewitness to this rapture.

The second instance was Elijah in 2 King 2:

1 And it came to pass, when the LORD was about to take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal. 2 Then Elijah said to Elisha, “Stay here, please, for the LORD has sent me on to Bethel.”
                But Elisha said, “As the LORD lives, and as your soul lives, I will not leave you!” So they went down to Bethel.
                3 Now the sons of the prophets who were at Bethel came out to Elisha, and said to him, “Do you know that the LORD will take away your master from over you today?”
                And he said, “Yes, I know; keep silent!”
                4 Then Elijah said to him, “Elisha, stay here, please, for the LORD has sent me on to Jericho.”
                But he said, “As the LORD lives, and as your soul lives, I will not leave you!” So they came to Jericho.
                5 Now the sons of the prophets who were at Jericho came to Elisha and said to him, “Do you know that the LORD will take away your master from over you today?”
                So he answered, “Yes, I know; keep silent!”
                6 Then Elijah said to him, “Stay here, please, for the LORD has sent me on to the Jordan.”
                But he said, “As the LORD lives, and as your soul lives, I will not leave you!” So the two of them went on. 7 And fifty men of the sons of the prophets went and stood facing them at a distance, while the two of them stood by the Jordan. 8 Now Elijah took his mantle, rolled it up, and struck the water; and it was divided this way and that, so that the two of them crossed over on dry ground.
                9 And so it was, when they had crossed over, that Elijah said to Elisha, “Ask! What may I do for you, before I am taken away from you?”
                Elisha said, “Please let a double portion of your spirit be upon me.”
                10 So he said, “You have asked a hard thing. Nevertheless, if you see me when I am taken from you, it shall be so for you; but if not, it shall not be so.” 11 Then it happened, as they continued on and talked, that suddenly a chariot of fire appeared with horses of fire, and separated the two of them; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
                12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried out, “My father, my father, the chariot of Israel and its horsemen!” So he saw him no more.

The Lord seems to have done things a bit differently with Elijah, using a a chariot of fire to carry Elijah to Heaven by whirlwind. But Elisha AND the men standing on the other side saw the whole thing.

We are the Bride, and we know from Jewish tradition, that the bride is "snatched away". She is anticipating him coming---they are married in every sense but the ceremony and consumation during the extended time he is building their future home and she is preparing to be a wife, but is not quite sure when he will come; the father of the groom is the one who tells the groom it's time. His coming is welcome to the bride, but to anyone else, he would be a thief, coming unexpectedly.

We are told that we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye (1 Cor 15):

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality

And in 1 Thess 4:

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

That the Lord taking us is described as a theif in the night seems to indicate that He comes suddenly and unexpectedly (though the Bride is anticipating Him), but even based on the these two NT passages, the change to the glorified body is what is described as in a twinkling of an eye, not our ascension. When the Lord says He is coming quickly, that word that is being used means suddenly. A car accident happens suddenly, but that doesn't mean no one sees it. I have never assumed that no one would be able to see us ascend when every other example of rapture has been witnessed.....which does not make my lack of assumption correct either.

I hope we are seen for the benefit of any who will miss it and place their faith in the Lord because of it, even if they are too late for the Rapture. The Lord is merciful.

That is my two cents, anyway (probably only worth a penny or less...)

Comment

I don't think unbelievers will see or hear anything when the rapture occurs. A twinkling of an eye is just too fast for the human eye to capture. Cameras will probably just show a person there and then vanished. Even slo-mo may not contribute details. There will be logical reasons to explain away the rapture, maybe an experimental weapon that vaporizes enemies. They may say something went awry when the weapon was being tested. When the Holy Spirit as restrainer is lifted, Satan may arrive with many UFOs, promising peace from our benevolent space brothers. 144,000 Jews will receive supernatural revelation and accept Jesus as Messiah. The white-robed martyrs of the fifth seal of Revelation are those who accept Christ after the rapture.

Comment

Originally posted by $teve View Post
                    I've posted this before, have a look at how some new agers are explaining the rapture. Might provide some insight into how it will be explained away come that day...

Rapture: New Age Version

I've got some sorta ear problem, where at night I hear a very low hum. Sometimes rapid pulsating low tones.
                    While searching on line, I read several interesting stories where gov't was sent into areas to investigate. In some places it was distant factories, power lines, etc. All sorts of plausible explainations.
                    It can't be related to tinunitus (something like high pitched ringing) due to the low frequency. So it's mostly just chalked off to getting older, loud music etc.

THEN........
                    I came across some sort of site, that almost spoke of this sort of cleansing the world, and reaching higher levels of, something, (you got me), but that these low pulse things I am hearing, are actually the aliens trying to reach me, to see if I had achieved this higher status.
                    Apparently I am atleast passed level 8 and more than likely near a 10, since I can hear them. I am told, that I need to find a way to let the 'aliens' know I can hear their signal.

I started to share my story with the people I work with, and demand a greater amount of respect due to my elevated level of enlightenment, but they think I'm already nuts due to this rapture thing.
                    From the number of visits on this site, (the nutball one, not RR) and members, I'de say there is a bunch of people who believe this sort of thing.

Comment

IMO the twinking of an eye is too fast for a every-day camera to catch more than a blur; however, if the Rapture occurs simultaneously with some worldwide catastrophic event its rather easy to understand 'they will believe the lie' phrase. Still, its hard to imagine a worldwide catastrophic event occurring at the same time everywhere. There's also the theory that people could be snatched by invisible aliens... . Cameras could be used to disprove a lie, the same as they could be used to validate the occurrence. What a problem for those left behind!...
                      Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Comment

I, too, believe the rapture will happen so quickly, it will not be picked up by cameras. As Gregg Laurie says, "I could be turing around to speak to my wife and then be facing Jesus." All anyone else will see will be our clothing.

I teach the seniors in my church and we talk about the rapture frequently. They are all devoted Christians and we discuss many doctrines during our time together after our lesson. One of the couples is a retired SB minister and his wife, so I have my own mentors. The wife is 92 and he is 90 and both are sharp!

'Walk humbly with the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in all your works and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NKJV
                        :morncof

Comment

We are told that we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye (1 Cor 15):

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality

And in 1 Thess 4:

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

That the Lord taking us is described as a theif in the night seems to indicate that He comes suddenly and unexpectedly (though the Bride is anticipating Him), but even based on the these two NT passages, the change to the glorified body is what is described as in a twinkling of an eye, not our ascension. When the Lord says He is coming quickly, that word that is being used means suddenly. A car accident happens suddenly, but that doesn't mean no one sees it. I have never assumed that no one would be able to see us ascend when every other example of rapture has been witnessed.....which does not make my lack of assumption correct either.

I hope we are seen for the benefit of any who will miss it and place their faith in the Lord because of it, even if they are too late for the Rapture. The Lord is merciful.

Very good post SaintTexas, I've never really seen that in those verses, though I've read them hundreds of times. The Corinthian passage does in fact say our change will be in the twinkling of an eye, not our ascension, which is described in the Thesselonian passage. So our ascension could take an indefinite amount of time.
                          2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness.

Comment

The twinking of an eye removal of the saints is not the only part of the rapture. 1 Thessalonians 4:16 tells us, "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:" There will be a shout. That lasts longer than a blink. There is also a trumpet. Why have a trumpet that plays no longer than the time to blink an eye? The are multiple parts to the rapture. The lost will hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by carol1948 View Post
                              IMO the twinking of an eye is too fast for a every-day camera to catch more than a blur; however, if the Rapture occurs simultaneously with some worldwide catastrophic event its rather easy to understand 'they will believe the lie' phrase. Still, its hard to imagine a worldwide catastrophic event occurring at the same time everywhere. There's also the theory that people could be snatched by invisible aliens... . Cameras could be used to disprove a lie, the same as they could be used to validate the occurrence. What a problem for those left behind!...
                              The Rapture itself will be a catastrophic event for those left behind. Think of all those people disappearing... all the jobs they were doing... think of the chaos that will follow. For those of us Raptured... Oh, I'm hoping for soonest!
                              Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

I have never been taught of any rapture at all throughout my life. I've just recently been looking at your boards and find the rapture fascinating. Although not knowing of a rapture, as I didn't, doesn't mean one won't be raptured it will just be one wonderful event. Belief in my Lord and Savior is what it all comes down too. I too believe that the world will know and there will be A LOT of non-believers kicking themselves for believing the lies. I've been writing back and forth with a guy that used to believe and now he's bought fully into his own intellectual "Inabilities!" He's rationalized, and turned the truth inside out to come to a conclusion that this world is what it's all about. I feel sorry and pray for him every time he writes his new "Man Made" explanations.

Comment

Working...
                                X