Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do some people deserve to be Left Behind?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with Nightelf that there will be a group who NEEDS to be left behind in order to realize their need to be saved (and hopefully respond accordingly) since they will not be awakened by any other presently-operating outreach.

NOT RECOMMENDED for any unsaved person reading this. A superficial study of this site and the scriptures referenced should show anyone that you will face capture, imprisonment, trial, and execution for your decision to:

1) Believe that Jesus Christ is your only means of salvation, and
    2) Refuse the Mark because of 1)

Keep in mind that, during these last days of the Age of Grace preceding the Rapture and the beginning of the Tribulation, you need only complete 1) above to gain eternal security.

Comment

All people deserve not to be just left behind we all deserve hell, and like salvation being caught away in the rapture is by the grace of God for Christians only.... Those who haven't accepted Christ like atheist you mention, they do indeed deserve to be left behind..... Atheist I debate with all time make statements about how they hate Christians and how the world would be a better place without us - well they'll get their wish after the rapture... I just wonder if they will like whats coming in the tribulation better?.. I often wonder if they will come to their right minds and repent, but after talking with hundreds of them over the years most of them will be the first ones to follow the anti - Christ for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputyez View Post
        All of us deserve to be left behind, but thank God that He gave us Jesus, to provide us a way not to be left behind. None of us are worthy except through Christ. To answer more specifically the question you asked, yes anyone who denies Christ deserves to be left behind. Our Lord Jesus has been more than patient and merciful to us sinners.
        Jesus is the answer. Without Him, we would all be left behind.
        Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by allen893 View Post
          Thanks everyone for the interesting responses. I have to agree. We all deserve to get left behind and it is only up to the Lord to decide if we do or don't.
          God has already made it clear that all those who believe and are saved are part of the Bride and will be taken in the Rapture.
          Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by cbressler1976 View Post
            I know that I deserve to be left behind.....
            Me too...we all do. Me most of all.

Comment

Originally posted by Anddra View Post
              God has already made it clear that all those who believe and are saved are part of the Bride and will be taken in the Rapture.
              God knows who are His: His people are not appointed to wrath - because of Jesus.
              "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Originally posted by Cheryl4Christ View Post
                I agree with everyone else, we all DESERVE to be left behind, but even worse we all deserve Hell. Thankfully Jesus stepped in and became our sacrificial lamb and we are now covered by His blood. Do those who reject Christ deserve to be left? I think of it as a matter of being their choice to be left behind.
                Agree.
                Praying for so many that they are NOT left behind. Time is short.

Comment

I agree with everyone else to a point. In the beginning we are all deserving of hell and being left behind in the rapture. The difference between us and the unsaved though is Jesus. Not to sound arrogant, but I dont deserve to be left behind or cast into hell because I have the righteousness of Christ imputed to me. I have met the qualification of God's standard by accepting Jesus Christ as my Savior.

Now to address the question specifically aimed at the hard hearted Christ rejectors. I think there is a likely chance that some are more likely to be left behind because of the hardness of their hearts. Some are closer to accepting Christ than others. We can't possibly know hearts, but God can, so I think it would be hard for us to discern who is more deserving than not. It is very frustrating to witness to those who are angry with Christians and their beliefs. Keep praying for them.

Comment

what's with all of this political correctness? Scripture says it very plainly those who are unrepentant who do not obey the truth face judgment, while those who obey the truth reap glory and honor. Those who believe "deserve" to be saved, those who don't believe "deserve" to be condemned. Those who are in Christ will be caught up to be with Him, while those who are not in Christ will be left to endure the tribulation. Why be afraid to say that this is the way it will be?

Romans 2:5-16
                    5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
                    6 who will render to each person according to his deeds:
                    7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;
                    8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation.
                    9 There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek,
                    10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
                    11 For there is no partiality with God.
                    12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;
                    13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.
                    14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,
                    15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,
                    16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

So the answer is and will always be- yes, those left behind will certainly deserve to be left behind, because the Lord would not leave them behind if they did not deserve it, because His judgment is just.

Before we knew Christ we also deserved to be left behind, and knowing now what that means for those who might face the tribulation should the Lord come soon, we who know the salvation of the Lord should be doing our best to show them the way of escape through Christ.

RT

Comment

Since it's God that can look directly into the heart, it's impossible for for us to know who has already committed "sin unto death"
                      (I John 5:16-17). I have always assumed that "sin unto death" equated to "unpardonable sin" (a phrase, like "age of accountability", that's not found in scripture, but is a real concept nonetheless.)

I have always assumed (anyone feel free to correct or comment) that "unpardonable sin" did not relate to a specific evil act, but rather a buildup of resistance to the urgings of the Holy Spirit so impenetrable that this type of sinner could not be reached by the only thing that could have saved him: belief that Christ died for his sins, under the urging of the Holy Spirit.

I think what I'm trying to say is, since we ourselves can't know who is so far gone that they can no longer receive God's "pardon", we can't determine whether such a person "deserves" our "pardon" (or further efforts to evangelize). Maybe I'm just trying to understand the OP question.

Comment

actually I believe that the sin unto death spoken of by John might also be what is spoken of in the old testament. In the law there was precedent set for what kinds of sin an offering for forgiveness could be offered. These were unintentional sins against God or others, but there was no offering for sins of open rebellion against God or His statutes, for this the person was to be stoned to death, thus the sin leading to death is rebellion against God.

As for who "deserves" to be left behind or not- it has nothing to do with us, it has everything to do with God. I can trust that if someone is left behind, they deserved to be so. It is not I who condemn them to being left behind, it is God. HOWEVER I am not going to go around telling anyone they deserve to be left behind, rather I should be moved to encourage them to do what it takes to ensure that they won't be left behind. But if they are- I have no doubt whatsoever that they will have deserved to be so.

RT

Comment

Regardless how we feel...whether or not this or that one "deserves" to be left behind--God is the one who will be making that decision and if they are, in fact, left behind, He will have determined that they "deserve" to be so.

This decision is only His. His ways are not our ways.

In the meantime, pray for all those who you deem to be the "lost causes" of the world. I've seen some pretty horrific debauched people come to the Lord in a HUGE way and their light is still shining brightly. These were gang members that made Machiavelli look like a girl scout.

Pray, pray, pray, it's powerful and it works.

In Christ,

derlinder

Comment

Originally posted by ag_man View Post
                            Thanks everyone for the interesting responses. I have to agree. We all deserve to get left behind and it is only up to the Lord to decide if we do or don't.
                            Not quite
                            God has made the decision that He is unwilling that any should perish and so He sends delicate warning messages of salvation from damnation, His warnings becomes more severe as man continues to reject and time runs out. God does not want robots and leaves the final choice to man.

Originally posted by resurrection torchlight View Post

As for who "deserves" to be left behind or not- it has nothing to do with us, it has everything to do with God. I can trust that if someone is left behind, they deserved to be so. It is not I who condemn them to being left behind, it is God. HOWEVER I am not going to go around telling anyone they deserve to be left behind, rather I should be moved to encourage them to do what it takes to ensure that they won't be left behind. But if they are- I have no doubt whatsoever that they will have deserved to be so.

RT
                            Many were offered a free ticket onto the ark, they jeered and rejected the offer, their fate was in their hands as they made their final decision to just stand aside and watch as the Ark door closed, Noah warned them for 100 years

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                            Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                            Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Who doesn't? It's by God's grace we are saved and by His mercy that those alive at the Rapture will go to be where He is always. I always considered it wonderful grace that those who had died in Christ would be resurrected to go at the Rapture, but any believer alive at that time never to see death....goodness. Talk about grace and mercy! Oh death, where is your sting? Amen!

I am quickly reminded that the Lord has something to say about those who are hot or cold. He would rather that we were one or the other but not lukewarm or He wants to vomit us out (see Rev 3:14-22). The Lord can take one who is cold to Him, zealous against Him like Paul, and radically turn that same zeal and coldness into a raging fire for Him. Oh, please consider Paul and his conversion and read his letters about Jesus and his heart completely devoted to the Lord Jesus.

Never prejudge a heart that is lost just because it is cold and horribly blasphemous. Wow does the Lord love that person and call on those who know Him to get right in that person's face with a heart that bleeds the love of Christ and tell them that Jesus died for THEM, was thinking of THEM on the cross, knows THEM by name, and loves THEM, and will continue until belief or death to pursue THEM. Never count anyone out. Press on in prayer for the lost that we all might have the heart that Paul had for Jesus.

In Revelation 19:1, all of us who are in Heaven at that point at the end of the Tribulation and who are getting ready to return with the Lord at His Second Coming, are declaring that salvation, honor, glory and power belong to Him and that His judgements are righteous and true. There is no question that the Lord alone is never wrong and always righteous, and that apart from Him, we are always wrong and never righteous.

Love them with the heart of Jesus.

Comment

I was reading across Jeremiah 17 and 18 this morning, and was reminded of this thread.

Much of the content of those chapters is about the human heart being deceitful [above all else] and if we would just repent and humble oursleves so we could see clearly God's way, then it would be alright. He would restore.

But God makes so much of repentance and compassion -- Jeremiah wanted to help them, too. But he ultimately saw most men just aren't willing.

Jer 18:18-23
                                18 Then they said, "Come and let us devise plans against Jeremiah. Surely the law is not going to be lost to the priest, nor counsel to the sage, nor the divine word to the prophet! Come on and let us strike at him with our tongue, and let us give no heed to any of his words."
                                19 Do give heed to me, O LORD,
                                And listen to what my opponents are saying!
                                20 Should good be repaid with evil?
                                For they have dug a pit for me
                                Remember how I stood before You
                                To speak good on their behalf,
                                So as to turn away Your wrath from them.
                                21 Therefore, give their children over to famine
                                And deliver them up to the power of the sword;
                                And let their wives become childless and widowed
                                Let their men also be smitten to death,
                                Their young men struck down by the sword in battle.
                                22 May an outcry be heard from their houses,
                                When You suddenly bring raiders upon them;
                                For they have dug a pit to capture me
                                And hidden snares for my feet.
                                23 Yet You, O LORD, know
                                All their deadly designs against me;
                                Do not forgive their iniquity
                                Or blot out their sin from Your sight
                                But may they be overthrown before You;
                                Deal with them in the time of Your anger!

It's sad, but we must remember -- the reason it is so sad is because we can clearly see we ALL have the ability to be "stiffnecked" and "stubborn" and haughtily choosing our own paths. Maybe not as far as the gospel is concerned, but in many areas of our lives.
                                Yes, they deserve punishment but God says over and over AND OVER in Scripture, "I don't want it that way."
                                I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
                                For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
                                no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Comment

Working...
                                X