No announcement yet.

Another thing holding back the rapture?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy, I'm guessing you are also a GFA supporter.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Comment

Originally posted by God'sWinning View Post
      I feel foolish now..

Thanks everyone.
      We can only learn by asking questions.

Welcome to the board Brother.

Comment

Originally posted by metroames View Post
        The Church will not fulfill the "great commission"! The rapture can happen at any moment. This is from a study I wrote on the Olivet Discourse:

The great commission to spread the Gospel was originally given to Jesus' disciples. It spread greatly under Paul and gradually increased through the 1800's. Then after the advance of travel and technology, the Gospel started to spread like wildfire around the time of Billy Graham's ministry in 1949. So we see that the Church has been fulfilling the call to spread the Gospel for the last couple millennia.

However, the great commission will be completed during the Tribulation through the 144,000 sealed servants, the two witnesses, and an angel. Based on Isaiah 61, we know that the 144,000 servants, like Christ, will preach "good tidings", which is the good news of the Gospel.
        Amen, well said!

Comment

Originally posted by MelAnne View Post
          I thought I'd read somewhere that Wycliffe has only a handful of languages to translate the Gospel into. But I was wrong. I just checked Wycliffe's website, and found that they have set a goal to complete translating the Gospel into the remaining languages by 2025. I just added the remaining languages up, and there are actually only 2252. That's still a significant number, but Wycliffe seems to think it's feasible to finish translating the Gospel into every language in the world within the next 15 years. Here's the website if you want to check the numbers for yourself: http://www.lastlanguagescampaign.org/LLC.aspx
          That is a post-rapture reference which will be for tribulation saints.

Ay least that's the way I see it and have heard it explained.
          sigpic
          I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
          Psalm 16:8 KJV

Comment

Wycliffe is translating Bibles into the remaining languages right?

A bible translated in a native tongue is not needed to give the good news of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. The original apostles and disciples seemed to do pretty well without it.

Comment

Not only that, a lot of Native Missionaries on the ground with Scripture booklets.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
              'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
              I get my Bibles here

Comment

Having the word translated and written down in every single language is not the same as the gospel being preached to the ends of the earth. It has, and it probably was technically fulfilled in Paul's day.

Here is an interesting verse from the book of Acts 2, on the day of Pentecost, when the Spirit came.

5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven.
                These all went back home, one would presume. The Lord used the Jewish people to spread His word, it was given to them to do it as part of their heritage. It spread to the Jew first, and then to the Gentile.
                Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

Originally posted by HumbleBerean View Post
                  Wycliffe is translating Bibles into the remaining languages right?

A bible translated in a native tongue is not needed to give the good news of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. The original apostles and disciples seemed to do pretty well without it.
                  Good point!

Comment

Yes, I am a GFA supporter. I think it is an awesome ministry. I have supported a couple of pastors over the years.

Comment

Working...
                    X