The devil is working overtime......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeanie View Post
    It's the 'final judgment' until he's released again after the millennial reign.

In Rev 20:7-8
    7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    Thats something that always confused me...Why would God release him again to do it all over again?

Will we as saints have to deal with our flesh getting tempted AGAIN?? I'm having a hard enough time fighting it now

Comment

We will already be in the New Jerusalem. Satan is loosed to tempt (and, IMO, bring to justice along with himself) the descendants of those entering the Millenial Kingdom 1,000 years earlier as flesh-and-blood humans. His ignorant army will attack the New Jerusalem, and fire will rain down upon them. The fire will "leave them neither root nor branch". Malachi 4:1

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha!! View Post
        Thats something that always confused me...Why would God release him again to do it all over again?
        That i dont know..

Will we as saints have to deal with our flesh getting tempted AGAIN?? (
        Nope. We wont. We wont even HAVE our "flesh" aka as sinful nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha!! View Post

Will we as saints have to deal with our flesh getting tempted AGAIN?? I'm having a hard enough time fighting it now
          While Satan is bound for the thousand years, mankind who is alive on Earth will have the choice to follow King Jesus or not. The fact that Satan is not roaming around seeking whom he can devour goes to show us that sin is bound in the heart of man. We sin. We fight temptation from the world, the flesh and the Devil; all three! At that time many will continue to reject Jesus, even though He is seated on the throne in Jerusalem. And it will not be Satan's fault!

When Satan is released, he will gather those in opposition to King Jesus. And he, as well as all of the King's enemies, will lose once and for all.

If you are a saint now, you are part of the Bride. You will be raptured and given a new and glorified body right away. That body will be unable to sin. It will be in its perfect state. You need never worry again about sin, temptation, and the evils of this world. Jesus paid it all for you... once and for all!

Comment

Why Bother?

Ever since I was a child I've wondered: "Why would Satan even bother to mess with people and steal souls? If he's going to lose in the end (and knows it) then why bother? It doesn't sound like an act with much merit or forethought."

Is there scripture to back up why he'd waste his time taking part in an ultimately fruitless activity?

Comment

Originally posted by worldsworst View Post
              Ever since I was a child I've wondered: "Why would Satan even bother to mess with people and steal souls? If he's going to lose in the end (and knows it) then why bother? It doesn't sound like an act with much merit or forethought."

Is there scripture to back up why he'd waste his time taking part in an ultimately fruitless activity?
              It's Pride. Satan knows that he will lose. If he can take away as many souls as he can that have been created in the image of God, then he will.

Just remember, God knows who His children are. He will not let any out of His hand that belong to Him!

Comment

ephesians 6

10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.Eph 6:10

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

this was written almost 2000 years ago from Paul under the inspiration of THE HOLY SPIRIT....
                The ENEMY tempted Adam and Eve and everyone else since..even Jesus in the days of HIS flesh...and the apostles and now us....
                the ENEMY is ALWAYS doing his dirty job.....
                BUT GOD has decreed that the ENEMY ( satan,the devil,and his friends will END UP IN THE LAKE OF FIRE)....so.....
                • 10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
                • 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Comment

I don't know of a specific explanation, but scripture is consistent in demonstrating the absolutely relentless 24-7, no time off, no Caribbean cruise tactics of the Adversary. He hates people because he hates God who made people. He hates Christians because, while we are susceptible to Satan's attacks now, we will ultimately be beyond his reach. He hates Jesus because he got snookered at Calvary by being so proud he thought he had engineered the defeat of Christ, only to find he was un unwitting participant in the plan of salvation. IMO, he and his buddies were partying when Jesus entered Hades to take the keys of hell and death from Satan's hand, preach to the spirits there, and bring the OT saints with him to Heaven, leaving the "paradise" compartment empty.

A one-word answer to your question: pride. Satan, the Heavenly choir leader? wanted to "ascend" to God's throne, take God off it, and be God himself. We are a permanent in-his-face reminder of his eternal and irreversible defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by His Bride View Post
                    While Satan is bound for the thousand years, mankind who is alive on Earth will have the choice to follow King Jesus or not. The fact that Satan is not roaming around seeking whom he can devour goes to show us that sin is bound in the heart of man. We sin. We fight temptation from the world, the flesh and the Devil; all three! At that time many will continue to reject Jesus, even though He is seated on the throne in Jerusalem. And it will not be Satan's fault!

When Satan is released, he will gather those in opposition to King Jesus. And he, as well as all of the King's enemies, will lose once and for all.

If you are a saint now, you are part of the Bride. You will be raptured and given a new and glorified body right away. That body will be unable to sin. It will be in its perfect state. You need never worry again about sin, temptation, and the evils of this world. Jesus paid it all for you... once and for all!

WOOHOOOOO!!!!

Now I just need the Lord to help me until he comes...It's like in those action movies where the good guy is behind the wall and the bad guys are trying to shoot through the wall to kill him at all cost. The good guy is waiting on reinforcements to arrive, and he's starting to get out numbered...

That's EXACTLY how I feel almost everyday..some days I'm able to dodge the bullets, other days I'm hit..

Comment

Originally posted by His Bride View Post

Very clear and accurate answer.
                      Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

If you don't have a Concordance TwinklingOfanEye...

Originally posted by TwinklingOfanEye View Post
                        They say in end times, the devil is going nuts and is working overtime because he knows his time is short. They say he will harass born-again Christians even more so in these end times, as we can see our brothers and sisters in Christ seem to be going thru trials more then ever before. I know i am.

My question is....is there scripture to validate all this? Where does it say this?
                        I highly recommend one, especially Strongs Exhaustive Concordance. With one you can look up and find your Scripture if you know just one word in it. I would be lost without mine. The nice part too is they give you the Words in Greek for N.T. and Hebrew for O.T. and thier meaning
                        John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.Matthew 5:23-24 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Comment

Originally posted by waiting1 View Post
                          I highly recommend one, especially Strongs Exhaustive Concordance. With one you can look up and find your Scripture if you know just one word in it. I would be lost without mine. The nice part too is they give you the Words in Greek for N.T. and Hebrew for O.T. and thier meaning
                          Thank you for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                          X