Matthew 24 - The Kingdom of Heaven/God

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discouraged

I watched Chuck Missler tonight on his website khouse.org and he said some things I didn't really understand. He was talking about the Olivet Discourse and the differences between Matthew 24 and Luke 21. He said that Matthew 24 talks about the signs and what happens after; in Luke 21 he said Jesus speaks about the signs and what has to happen before. He spoke of the Abomination of Desolation and that the one mentioned in Luke is a different abomination of desolation. He said there are two abominations of desolations. The first happened in 167 BC, I think he said. The next one is certainly the Antichrist sitting in the Holy of Holies. This show was entitled This Generation. I am discouraged because he made is sound like Israel is NOT the fig tree because of what Luke says, "fig tree and all the trees". My thinking was that Israel is the fig tree and that this generation that witnessed the rebirth of Israel, when the world ackowledged them as a nation in 1948, that this was the generation that will witness "all these things", which include the 2nd Coming of Christ. He then discussed that people thought a generation was 40 years, when in Psalm 90 somewhere, David explains the lifespan of a man, which is 70 years and if by blessing, 80 years. Am I wrong? I want Jesus to come for me and all the Bride so much that I can't stop thinking of the Rapture. I hope and long for it, just as I was longing to have my son when I was in labor. The feeling and excitement is the same. I need some ecouragement that the Rapture is close. Chuck Missler did say that the point of the Rapture is to take the devil by surprise, which it will. I am just so confused. I even called my grandma who really admires Joel Rosenberg and is into Bible prophecy, and she didn't really encourage me at all. She just said for me to occupy, which Jesus did tell us to do. Hal Lindsey said he truly believes he will see the Rapture and he's 80 years old! I need you guys... I'm so discouraged....
    Here's the Link to Chuck Missler's 66/40. I watch all of them and I just don't get it.
    http://www.khouse.org/6640/BP113-1/

Comment

• Don't be discouraged. I truly believe that it is so close we really can almost hear the footsteps of the messiah. I really don't know when. It could be tonight. It could be tomorrow... Or it really could be further than we know... But one thing is for sure. All the sings are really here. What else is missing?

EU now has a President
      Peace negotiations like never before "Peace and Safety" - This one is being pushed hard by the EU
      Jerusalem the Cup of Trembling for the nations
      the push Global Currency
      Temple preparations
      Technology that "could" eventually lead to the mark of the beast.
      Military ties with Russia and Iran

These are just very few

And I really could go on and on and on... Plus I would miss that much more, and then others would add more and this thread would seem to go on and on and on.

I really believe it's so soon! But that is just how I feel.

Ill have to listen to chuck cuz I am curious.

Keep your head up!

Comment

• Here is a brief writing by Jack Kelley about the differences between Luke 21 and Matthew 24 (I can't seem to find the longer article on the same topic... it was more thorough).

Hope this helps a little. Be sure to search his site... maybe you can find the one I'm referring to:

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...3-and-luke-21/

By the way, I think it will be soon, too!

Comment

• Is the fig tree Israel? From my understanding, Israel is the fig tree and the recapture of Jerusalem in 1967 was a blooming point. The generation witnessing the rebirth of Israel was the generation that will witness all these things and will not pass away. Correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus's Girl View Post
            Is the fig tree Israel?
            Jesus's Girl, from all that I've read on here it's been concluded that the fig tree is symbolic of Israel. However, that is neither here nor there as far as you are concerned because you are Jesus's girl just as your avatar says and He'll take good care of you. Don't worry.

Comment

• Originally posted by acceptedinthebeloved View Post
              Here is a brief writing by Jack Kelley about the differences between Luke 21 and Matthew 24 (I can't seem to find the longer article on the same topic... it was more thorough).

Hope this helps a little. Be sure to search his site... maybe you can find the one I'm referring to:

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...3-and-luke-21/

By the way, I think it will be soon, too!
              I didn't agree with some of his stuff because he mentioned that the Rapture isn't mentioned at all in Matthew 24 when it is. The word "rapture" isn't: Read Matthew 24:40-42.

Comment

• Originally posted by I Believe!!! View Post
                Jesus's Girl, from all that I've read on here it's been concluded that the fig tree is symbolic of Israel. However, that is neither here nor there as far as you are concerned because you are Jesus's girl just as your avatar says and He'll take good care of you. Don't worry.
                Thank you. Why is there so much disagreement on this subject? It makes so much sense that it would be Israel. I just want Jesus to come back soooo bad. It's getting hard to be patient. You guys on here are the only ones I truly know who long like I do. Thank you! Is there anywhere in the Bible where God wants us to understand that Israel is the fig tree? Sorry to stress the point, but I got so excited thinking that Israel is the Fig tree and all the blooming that has been taking place, the signs that have been happening, or the birth pains, etc. I want my Jesus!!

Comment

• You know, I've not done in depth study on that myself...I'll bet if you pray and ask God to show you through His word some answers He will.

Comment

• Yes, Psalm 90 does say what you typed....70 to 80 years.

What would that put us at for expecting the Rapture? 2018 to 2028 at the latest?

That's a grain of sand in the hourglass.

Honestly, I have no idea when it is going to happen. It certainly has the feel it is imminent with the current events of the world.

These are exciting times. Be encouraged with what has been promised to us and encourage others.

Now is not the time to be discouraged.

Comment

I didn't agree with some of his stuff because he mentioned that the Rapture isn't mentioned at all in Matthew 24 when it is. The word "rapture" isn't: Read Matthew 24:40-42.
                      Yes, I realize that many people view Matthew 24:40-42 as referring to the rapture, but I agree with Jack Kelley on this one, that it isn't.

Additionally, Matthew 25:31-46 describes what will take place after the tribulation period... "when the Son of Man shall... sit upon the throne of His glory: And before Him shall be gathered all nations..." (and further describes the basis for that particular judgment... whether the nations treated "His brethren" [the Jews] favorably or not, during the trib)... so it seems to me that there will be many folks who will "endure to the end" of the tribulation period (the "sheep" being the ones who will enter the millennial kingdom in their physical bodies).

I think since the passage you referred to begins with "As the days of Noah were" that it is describing similarities, not necessarily exact descriptions... in other words, as in Noah's day, some will be saved (the believers), and some will be taken in judgment (the unbelievers), and to many, they will be caught off guard... hence the warnings for them to "watch and be ready."

Also, the phrase "Son of Man" is used only in relation to Israel... and John 5:27 says (using this phrase), "And hath given Him [Jesus] authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man." This will be the role (judge) He will fulfill at His Second Coming (to the earth). This phrase is also used in Matthew 25:31-34, where it describes the "sheep and goat judgment of the nations" (after the trib, as I've mentioned, above).

I believe that since He is talking to Israel in Matthew 24 (the "ye", in Matthew 24:15, Matthew 24:20 and Matthew 24:32-33, etc, as I've mentioned in another thread), then it doesn't really make a lot of sense for Him to being saying (to Israel), "When ye [Israel] see the fig tree [Israel] put forth leaves... know that it is near, even at the doors." Also, when the whole chapter is examined (as well as Matthew 23:37-39 and Matthew 25), it doesn't make sense to jump back and forth between some verses meaning the rapture and others referring to His Second Coming.

Luke 12:35-40 is very similar (a parallel passage) and it shows that it is referring to His Second Coming, in that it says, "when He will return from the wedding"... Hope this helps you to see this viewpoint a little better.

I believe that Dr. Thomas Ice (articles found on RR's Main Page) is another one who holds this view (that the rapture is not in Matthew 24), and explains it much better than I have.

And just to add, I do believe He is coming for us very soon!

Comment

• I am not date setting but this is what I gathered from a website that was actually posted on RR by another child of God. It's interesting: http://www.arewelivinginthelastdays.com/articles.htm
                        If you go to that site, click on "Generation Not Time or Date" link. Read through it and see what you think. It talks about when Israel, the Fig Tree, became a nation in 1948, you would add 70 years or by "good health" 80... You'll see. I wonder if that's what Jesus meant by the Fig Tree and by Psalms 90.

Comment

Yes, I realize that many people view Matthew 24:40-42 as referring to the rapture, but I agree with Jack Kelley on this one, that it isn't.

Additionally, Matthew 25:31-46 describes what will take place after the tribulation period... "when the Son of Man shall... sit upon the throne of His glory: And before Him shall be gathered all nations..." (and further describes the basis for that particular judgment... whether the nations treated "His brethren" [the Jews] favorably or not, during the trib)... so it seems to me that there will be many folks who will "endure to the end" of the tribulation period (the "sheep" being the ones who will enter the millennial kingdom in their physical bodies).

I think since the passage you referred to begins with "As the days of Noah were" that it is describing similarities, not necessarily exact descriptions... in other words, as in Noah's day, some will be saved (the believers), and some will be taken in judgment (the unbelievers), and to many, they will be caught off guard... hence the warnings for them to "watch and be ready."

Also, the phrase "Son of Man" is used only in relation to Israel... and John 5:27 says (using this phrase), "And hath given Him [Jesus] authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man." This will be the role (judge) He will fulfill at His Second Coming (to the earth). This phrase is also used in Matthew 25:31-34, where it describes the "sheep and goat judgment of the nations" (after the trib, as I've mentioned, above).

I believe that since He is talking to Israel in Matthew 24 (the "ye", in Matthew 24:15, Matthew 24:20 and Matthew 24:32-33, etc, as I've mentioned in another thread), then it doesn't really make a lot of sense for Him to being saying (to Israel), "When ye [Israel] see the fig tree [Israel] put forth leaves... know that it is near, even at the doors." Also, when the whole chapter is examined (as well as Matthew 23:37-39 and Matthew 25), it doesn't make sense to jump back and forth between some verses meaning the rapture and others referring to His Second Coming.

Luke 12:35-40 is very similar (a parallel passage) and it shows that it is referring to His Second Coming, in that it says, "when He shall return from the wedding"... Hope this helps you to see this viewpoint a little better.

Dr. Thomas Ice (articles found on RR's Main Page) is another one who holds this view, and explains it much better than I have.

And just to add, I do believe He is coming for us very soon!
                          But what about when Jesus said in Matthew 24:40-41 that "one would be taken and the other left"? I am very confused.

Comment

But what about when Jesus said in Matthew 24:40-41 that "one would be taken and the other left"?
                            There have been some really great discussions on RR, recently, about this.

The ones "taken" (at the end of the trib) are "taken in judgment", and the ones "left" are the ones "left to enter the millennial kingdom in their physical bodies" (similar to those in Noah's day...)

Revelation 16:15-16 also refers to "a thief" (to those who won't be watching, at that time), yet it is describing Armageddon, which we know occurs at the end of the trib. Just an added thought.

Comment

There have been some really great discussions on RR, recently, about this.

The ones "taken" (at the end of the trib) are "taken in judgment", and the ones "left" are the ones "left to enter the millennial kingdom in their physical bodies" (similar to those in Noah's day...)
                              And after that, Jesus said that no man knows the hour, but only the Father, so keep watch... Is that directed at Israel or the world during the Trib or is that for us?

Comment

Is the fig tree Israel? From my understanding, Israel is the fig tree and the recapture of Jerusalem in 1967 was a blooming point. The generation witnessing the rebirth of Israel was the generation that will witness all these things and will not pass away. Correct?
                                This had been my thinking too for the longest time but I've read and heard a few others who say that the fig tree does not represent Israel (Chuck Missler is one of them) and they make plausible assertions. I've heard others say that the fig tree does represent Israel. All of them are respected Bible teachers and scholars.

From what I personally understand of the scripture, I tend to lean towards the side who says the fig tree is not literally representing Israel. The generation that will not pass refers to the generation of Israelites who are going through the Tribulation. It's not something I really care to debate. I've heard both sides and both have their valid points.

I don't think it's a big deal whether it does or does not. Everyone agrees that we are in the last days. All one has to do is watch the developments in the news to know that we are in the season. When you consider the push for a OWG and OWF that has been made this past year, I think it's very telling of the times we are in.

Also consider that things can change radically almost overnight anymore. If and when Israel is finally forced to take action against Iran, I think things will move very quickly after that.
                                Matthew 22:36-40

36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" 37 And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' 38 "This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' 40 "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

Comment

Working...
                                X