Scientists: Dolphins Should Be Treated as 'Non-Human Persons'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scientists: Dolphins Should Be Treated as 'Non-Human Persons'

Dolphins have been declared the world's second most intelligent creatures after humans, with scientists suggesting they are so bright that they should be treated as "non-human persons."

Studies into dolphin behavior have highlighted how similar their communications are to those of humans and that they are brighter than chimpanzees. These have been backed up by anatomical research showing that dolphin brains have many key features associated with high intelligence.

The researchers argue that their work shows it is morally unacceptable to keep such intelligent animals in amusement parks or to kill them for food or by accident when fishing. Some 300,000 whales, dolphins and porpoises die in this way each year.
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...est=latestnews

sigpic

The studies show how dolphins have distinct personalities, a strong sense of self and can think about the future.
    So now we know what progressive liberals evolve from! Do scientists fall somewhere between dolphins and chimps?

Comment

I agree dolphins are intelligent and special. However, I think this is paving the way for "aliens" or "nephilim" to be treated equal to humans.

Comment

This is ridiculous.

Comment

Non-human person. This is a perfect example of an oxymoron.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveling Through View Post
            Non-human person. This is a perfect example of an oxymoron.
            kind of like being half pregnant

dolphins are awesome though - i hate the way they are treated by the japanese... i can't bring myself to watch the doco. 'The Cove'
            "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

Comment

"The researchers argue that their work shows it is morally unacceptable to keep such intelligent animals in amusement parks or to kill them for food or by accident when fishing. Some 300,000 whales, dolphins and porpoises die in this way each year. "

This is ridiculous!! If they're so smart, how do the keep allowing themselves to be caught. You would have thought they'd have figured it out by now, LOL.

Comment

Maybe this will lead them to finally discover that a fetus is a Human-Person.
                And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 1 Timothy 6:8

Comment

Originally posted by Tarvan View Post
                  Maybe this will lead them to finally discover that a fetus is a Human-Person.

Comment

Revelation 16:3
                    And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead [man]: and every living soul died in the sea.

So much for the dolphins...

Incidently, the reason "every living soul" dies in the ocean is because:

Revelation 21:1
                    And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Originally posted by aluminium View Post
                    If they're so smart, how do the keep allowing themselves to be caught. You would have thought they'd have figured it out by now, LOL.
                    The same way Americans allow their freedoms to be stolen by corrupt and greedy politicians/corporations/financial and evironmental institutions, etc.

mw

Comment

I'll remain a skeptic until the dolphins put one of their own on the moon. I really don't think they are all that smart
                      Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by aluminium View Post
                        This is ridiculous!! If they're so smart, how do the keep allowing themselves to be caught. You would have thought they'd have figured it out by now, LOL.
                        you're being sarcastic there right? cause with that arguement i could say. if we're so smart how come we keep repeating history instead of learning from it? we keep getting caught in the same nets all the time, yet we are still considered "smart"
                        "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

Comment

In 5 years, a Dolphin will be able to sue a human...

Comment

Dolphins let themselves caught because they are very trusting to humans...

They are beautiful and smart animals. I can't bear to think what the Japanese do to them... I saw little bit of a documentary on it and couldn't bear to watch it!

I don't know where they are going with this article though... I guess they just don't want people to keep them in captivity?
                            Thank you, God, for my salvation!

Comment

Species protection is a part of the environmentalist movement. They probably want to enact laws to require "licensed" hunting, etc. Money, in other words.

mw

Comment

Working...
                              X