Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Babylon News Bites (rebuilding of Babylon)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is all coming together fast. My guess is that the UN will move in as soon as it becomes a little more secure, and Babylon will explode with growth. Europe will have far more to invest than our debt-ridden country.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristineMarie
      me too dramama and suz...keep lookin' up

I'm sky watching with you, sister.

Comment

A couple of interesting comments bolded in the article.

Metro Detroit Chaldeans traveling to Italy for historic cardinal inauguration
        11-21-07
        http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../1049/SPORTS01

Less than 5% the population of Demy III’s native country of Iraq is Christian. That segment of the population is dwindling because its members are migrating to regions outside of the country, Father Emanuel Shaleta of St. George's Chaldean Catholic Church in Shelby Township said.

"There have been Christians in Iraq for thousands of years," Shaleta said, "And this would be the first Chaldean Patriarch to be nominated cardinal. His title is honorary, but as patriarch, he is already at the highest point for our religious hierarchy."

He said that Chaldeans were present hundreds of years before Jesus Christ in the capital of the Mesoptamian empire, Babylon, which was ruled by the ancient Chaldeans and is today present-day Baghdad.

Shaleta said that while speaking, Emmanuel III usually stresses that the Chaldeans are Iraq's original citizens and they will not accept harassment because of their religion, attempting to keep the peace despite spiraling violence.

The Amercia = Mystery Babylon argument is looking less and less persuasive.

Isa 13:19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
        Isa 13:20 It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

Jer 50:24 I have laid a snare for thee, and thou art also taken, O Babylon, and thou wast not aware: thou art found, and also caught, because thou hast striven against the LORD.
        Jer 50:25 The LORD hath opened his armory, and hath brought forth the weapons of his indignation: for this is the work of the Lord GOD of hosts in the land of the Chaldeans.

Comment

Saddam Hussein already got a jump on rebuilding Babylon. Check out the photo with our marines from 2003:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon

Comment

Prince Ghazi Meets Patriarch of Babylon
            12-3-07
            http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2007/Dec/03/18000.htm

Deputizing for His Majesty King Abdullah II, His Royal Highness Prince Ghazi Bin Mohammad, His Majesty’s Personal Envoy and Special Advisor, received today Patriarch of Babylon for Chaldeans Emmanuel III Delly.

Delly expressed appreciation for King Abdullah as well as his pride in efforts exerted by the King to promote relations and understanding among nations.

Comment

King Abdullah II has been in the news a lot lately.

Comment

King Abdullah II has been in the news a lot lately.
                Does the guy ever rest? Seems like he is all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by ATYCLB View Post
                  West to protect Iraqi heritage
                  11-20-07
                  http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/a...?enewsid=88912

"We must save the cultural heritage of Iraq while it is still time,"
                  .....for he knows his time is short.

Comment

Absolutely amazing; but unsurprising.

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                      Not to mention the money the US has spent there putting in some pretty high tech cabling. And the lovely embassy we built for the future world leaders to stay at.
                      Yes, and imgaine that Embassy is on 104 acres of land. Just think and try to ponder what what we don't know.

Comment

To rebuilt ancient Babylon would entail everything that Babylon was , including its imperial power and significance in world affairs. However the Iraqi leaders and United Nations officials aren't doing that. They are working assiduously to restore Babylon as a “cultural center and possibly even an Iraqi theme park” with “restaurants gift shops, long parking lots” and to include “maybe even a Holiday Inn.”

Comment

Holy War as a Sword of Damocles
                          12-6-07
                          http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default...=item&idx=1639

The current war in Iraq is included in the end-time events described here, for we are dealing with Babylon, the root of the enmity against Jerusalem. Just as Babylon sought to obliterate Jerusalem in biblical times, the same is true today.

This “axis of evil” includes Iraq (Babylon), and neighboring Iran and Syria.

Comment

I think about prophecy, the history of Babel. current events and the statement....

Iraqi Forces will take over security responsibility of Babel Province
                            just sends shivers down my spine. It rings of prophecy fufilled, the nearness of the time, and unlimited potentials in a very short amount of time.

The Lord has shown his ability to turn the direction of world events on a dime. The fact that this place is now identified, funded, subject to world attention, being addressed by the UN and now has a special Papal representative named for the area just screams to me the nearness of the hour.

My mind continually drifts back to a few years ago when several US soldiers were there and said something to the extent of "...this place is evil, you can just feel it, sense it....even when relatively alone, the hair on my neck is on end...."

Comment

Originally posted by Caver View Post
                              The Lord has shown his ability to turn the direction of world events on a dime. The fact that this place is now identified, funded, subject to world attention, being addressed by the UN and now has a special Papal representative named for the area just screams to me the nearness of the hour.

Comment

Originally posted by ATYCLB View Post
                                Holy War as a Sword of Damocles
                                12-6-07
                                http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default...=item&idx=1639

The current war in Iraq is included in the end-time events described here, for we are dealing with Babylon, the root of the enmity against Jerusalem. Just as Babylon sought to obliterate Jerusalem in biblical times, the same is true today.

This “axis of evil” includes Iraq (Babylon), and neighboring Iran and Syria.
                                WOW - ATYCLB, Thanks for that article!! I've never paid that much attention to Rev. 16:13 before... ***more notes and highlights in my Bible now*** Have we heard before of the axis of evil being all 3 countries: Iraq, Iran & Syria? I just don't recall. I seem to remember Bush calling Iraq the axis of evil, but where do you think the author gets all 3 countries together being the axis from?

I KNEW we were in Iraq for a reason. I've read before that we're a "place-holder" there because of our positioning between Iran and Israel, but this just ties it all together.

Comment

Working...
                                X