Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Babylon News Bites (rebuilding of Babylon)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Caver View Post
    Down
    ^
    Up

Black is light
    Light is dark

Evil is good
    Good is bad

We'll never get it. Its just those times.

We're ready Lord, we're ready.
    You mean,

up is down
    dark is light
    good is bad
    and
    wrong is right

and you're so correct, Caver, we are SO ready for Our Lord to come get us

I want to be "caught up."

Comment

• Babylon Fund Manager Optimistic Over Iraqi Market
      February 27, 2009
      Björn Englund, portfolio manager of Godvig Capital’s Babylon Fund, is feeling sanguine about the Iraqi market this year.

Despite the ongoing turmoil and risk-aversion in the general financial markets, Englund remains positive by the launch of electronic Nasdaq/OMX trading and centralized depositary systems, now scheduled for April 19, with Ishtar Hotel and Credit Bank likely to be first out of the gates. Englund is further buoyed by Dow Jones’ contractual agreement to calculate a “trustworthy” market index, as the present one is seriously flawed, he said.

“In addition, this year we expect investors in neighboring countries to start take a strategic interest in Iraqi capital markets, increasingly viewing Iraq as a healthy diversifying tool from their underperforming home markets, coupled with a fundamental investment story to tell,” wrote Englund, in a missive to investors. “We expect positive real economic growth. Further, we foresee the dinar to remain strong, the improved security environment to stabilize and the public's trust in the private sector (read banking) to grow.”

The Babylon Fund was up 1.4% last month.

Meanwhile, in a speech in North Carolina today, U.S. President Barack Obama is set to tell troops that the U.S. combat mission in Iraq will end next year.

http://www.finalternatives.com/node/7091

Comment

• Rebuilt Babylon

U.S. Military REBUILDING BABYLON
        http://www.disclose.tv/viewvideo/612...LDING_BABYLON/

U.S.'s New Embassy Compound
        http://subtopia.blogspot.com/2007/05...hievement.html

Fortress America Video
        http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...88586#24188586

Embassy just dedicated
        http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/baby...s-embassy.html

Welcome to the new US embassy
        http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2364255.ece

1 John 4 : 4
        Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

sigpic

Comment

• After reading thru Revelation agian about end time Babylon I still find it hard to believe this is literal Babylon. It sounded far more like NYC. Now if he rapture is delayed another 50 years then maybe it could be literal Babylon. I just don't know that much about this particular prophecy to really comment. Maybe someone could enlighten me as to how literal Babylon fits this verse Revelation 18:11. Nor would I consider her a "mighty City" at present from verse 10.
          Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by WVBORN56 View Post
            After reading thru Revelation agian about end time Babylon I still find it hard to believe this is literal Babylon. It sounded far more like NYC. Now if he rapture is delayed another 50 years then maybe it could be literal Babylon. I just don't know that much about this particular prophecy to really comment. Maybe someone could enlighten me as to how literal Babylon fits this verse Revelation 18:11. Nor would I consider her a "mighty City" at present from verse 10.
            We don't have a great river Euphrates,.......

The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East. Then I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are spirits of demons performing miraculous signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty. "Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed." Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon." (Rev 16:12-16)

The Euphrates River dries up to make way for the kings from the "East." (The literal Greek translation is "from the direction of the rising of the Sun.") Revelation 16:12 then, takes on a profound and powerful meaning: When the devil makes his move to destroy the people of God with a universal death decree, God responds by imposing an even more deadly threat upon the devil and His military forces. The "drying up of the great river Euphrates" means that God Himself has crossed over the river and He visibly advances to rescue His people around the world from destruction. This is "the sign of the Son of Man" that will be seen in the Heavens! (Matt 24:30) The approaching kings from the East are the Father and the Son. They are coming together to gather up the righteous and destroy the wicked! (Matt 26:64; Rev 6:16; 19:11-21)
            http://www.wake-up.org/daystar/ds1999/OCT99A.htm

Also the great prostitute (Iraq) will once again become the wealthiest country in the world before being destroyed one last time.

Comment

• I remember a pastor, our guest speaker, in Q & A night saying how Babylon is not nowhere in the U.S, and how it was Rome. He went on to quote Rev. 17:18 :: And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

He explained how the word reigneth was the key word. John at the time was (I guess) at a time when Rome ruled pretty much the world. I'm not a history type sort of guy, so I don't know if this is true or not, but I want to see what you guys think about this.

With the times we are in it's a bit hard for me to picture a Babylon in Iraq as being the Babylon of the Bible. Can it seriously reign over the earth? I must be missing something here...

Comment

• It was a few years ago when I learnt from a friend that the Roman catholic church would eventually move to Iraq(Babylon) at the endtime.I asked him why and he pointed Zechariah:5 to me.Zechariah chapter 5 talks about a woman sitting in the ephah and lifted up to the land of Shinar.Shinar is an ancient city located in Babylon which is Iraq today.Ephah is the symbol that is used by God to measure the woman's sin.The scripture always compare the woman to a church.
                He also mentions the motive to move there may have something to do with the discovery of the remains of the apostle Peter(or Paul?).Any thoughts?

Comment

• It looks like the final one world religion system will be based in Babylon(Iraq),the ancient place of towel of Baal.

Comment

• Babylon is Fallen, Part 1
                    Revelation 18:1-2
                    John MacArthur

Comment

• Babylon is Fallen, Part 2
                      Revelation 18:3-8
                      John MacArthur

Comment

• Babylon is Fallen, Part 3
                        Revelation 18:9-24
                        John MacArthur

Comment

• Humm..

Pslams 83 happens..
                          Little Latter Iran and Russia try to attack Isreal... fail
                          The world is astounded.. Rapture happens (ok, Rapture can happen anytime)..
                          U.N agrees to move HQ to Babylon, Iraq to help stabilize the region.
                          A.C is on the scene and helps this happen.
                          With U.N HQ in Babylon, Iraq, Babylon quickly grows and becomes a center for commerce because of the IMF...
                          U.S is greatly weakend.. due to rapture or just due to massive national debt..

Babylon, NY did not exist at the time REveltion was written. I think the Babylon talked about in Revelation is the physical old Babylon.. it was never destroyed and has had people living in it since it was founded...

Comment

• I just studied this with Jack Kelly (Gracethrufaith). He explained it in a very clear and precise manner that Babylon WILL be a world center and a power once again in the future.

Comment

• Saddam's palace still tells a story
                              3-22-09
                              http://www.thenational.ae/article/20...6822/1135/NEWS

It sits atop a man-made hill overlooking the ancient city of Babylon. In its prime – with its swimming pool, Roman-inspired columns, chandeliers and bathrooms complete with jacuzzis – it was a testament to the gluttony of the Baathist regime.

. . .

Mr Kadhim, who works for the local government, said plans were under way to redevelop the site and turn it into a conference centre.

He said it could, if security improved, even draw people from abroad for conferences. With its proximity to the ancient city of Babylon, luring archaeological buffs is another possibility.

“They have a plan … and they [the government] are giving us the money to renovate.”

Mr Kadhim estimates that to get the palace back to its former glory would cost about seven billion Iraqi dinar (Dh22 million).

Comment

• Archaeologists unearth Babylonian treasures
                                4-1-09
                                http://uk.reuters.com/article/topNew...53061M20090401

Iraqi archaeologists have discovered 4,000 artefacts mostly from ancient Babylonian times, including royal seals, talismans and clay tablets marked in Sumerian cuneiform -- the earliest known form of writing.

The treasures came to light, the Tourism and Antiquities Ministry said on Wednesday, after two years of excavations across 20 different sites in the regions between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, the land ancient Greeks referred to as "Mesopotamia."

As well as Babylonian artefacts, there were finds from the ancient Persian empire and more recent medieval Islamic cities.

"The results of this excavation are evidence that Iraq's antiquities aren't going to run out any time soon," Abdul-Zahra al-Telagani, spokesman for the Tourism and Antiquities Ministry, said.

"They also give us the incentive to continue to work to rehabilitate our ancient sites to become tourist attractions."

Comment

Working...
                                X