Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Babylon News Bites (rebuilding of Babylon)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joel Rosenberg: U.S. TO HELP REBUILD CITY OF BABYLON IN IRAQ

http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/

Largely overlooked by the Western news media over the past few weeks was an enormously significant story. The government of Iraq is moving forward with plans to protect the archaeological remains of the ancient City of Babylon, in preparation for building a modern city of Babylon. The project, originally started by the late Saddam Hussein, is aimed eventually at attracting scores of “cultural tourists” from all over the world to see the glories of Mesopotamia’s most famous city. What’s more, the Obama Administration is contributing $700,000 towards “The Future of Babylon Project,” through the State Department’s budget.
    “Officials hope Babylon can be revived and made ready for a rich future of tourism, with help from experts at the World Monuments Fund (WMF) and the U.S. embassy,” reports the Reuters news agency. “‘The Future of Babylon’ project launched last month seeks to ‘map the current conditions of Babylon and develop a master plan for its conservation, study and tourism,’ the WMF says. ‘We don’t know how long it will take to reopen to tourists,’ said Mariam Omran Musa, head of a government inspection team based at the site. ‘It depends on funds. I hope that Babylon can be reborn in a better image.’”
    The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Comment

• Originally posted by lisaann View Post
      Lemmie get this straight. Our country is going to heck in a handbasket because of the economy BUT we are helping rebuild a muslim city on the other side of the world?

:explode
      Yep...it is!!!

Comment

• Reuters: Babylon's future written in its ruins

http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre...-iraq-babylon/

Comment

• Just when it seems this world cannot get wackier, it does. It use to be by the week and now it is getting wackier (and more lost) by the day, if not by the hour.
          Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

Comment

• Satan thinks he knows what he's doing and his useful idiots that don't believe are probably thinking "we'll show those Christians, rebuild babylon and when nothing happens it'll prove there is no GOD." Laugh will be on them won't it.

Comment

• Originally posted by penbrat View Post
              Just when it seems this world cannot get wackier, it does. It use to be by the week and now it is getting wackier (and more lost) by the day, if not by the hour.
              Amen to that! Offering hope in Christ to those who are hurting is even being taken as offensive.

Comment

• My gosh! What else has Obama been doing that we don't know about?! Did any of US have any say about that money?????
                1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Comment

• US to help rebuild city of Babylon

Posted: 02/17/09
                  Last edited by Stucky; February 18th, 2009, 04:57 PM. Reason: Repeat of previous post.

Comment

• Originally posted by lisaann View Post
                    Lemmie get this straight. Our country is going to heck in a handbasket because of the economy BUT we are helping rebuild a muslim city on the other side of the world?

:explode

My thoughts exactly!!

Comment

• Anyone been seeing tv vacation ads to visit Mesopotamia? I have.

Comment

• Saddam already attempted this, "new Babylon". Saddam had the ruins of ancient Babylon reconstructed with modern bricks bearing Saddam's name. What’s fascinating to me, is that both Daniel and Ezekiel are supposed to be buried in Iraq. I saw footage of a ranking U.S. Military, take the cameraman to Daniels grave.

Comment

• I knew that Saddam Hussein had started the rebuilding of Babylon. It never occured to me that the US would help fund it. I should have known.

Comment

• Please, please tell me that the money is not coming from the "stimulus" package.

Comment

• Originally posted by penbrat View Post
                              Just when it seems this world cannot get wackier, it does. It use to be by the week and now it is getting wackier (and more lost) by the day, if not by the hour.
                              Definately by the hour.

Soon, it will be by the minute.

Comment

• Down
                                ^
                                Up

Black is light
                                Light is dark

Evil is good
                                Good is bad

We'll never get it. Its just those times.

We're ready Lord, we're ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X