Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Babylon News Bites (rebuilding of Babylon)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Iraqi bishops meet Pope Benedict
      1-27-09
      http://www.indcatholicnews.com/checkleb213.html

Yesterday the Holy Father received prelates from the Chaldean Church, who have just completed their ad limina visit. In the course of their audience with the Pope, the bishops gave him a cape used by Archbishop Faraj Rahho of Mosul and a stole belonging to Fr Ragheed Aziz Ganni, both killed in Iraq over recent months.

Through Cardinal Emmanuel III Delly, patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans, the Pope sent greetings to all the Chaldean faithful, assuring them of his fervent prayers "at this very difficult time for your region, especially for Iraq". Recalling, among others, Archbishop Rahho and Fr Ganni, he said: "I ask God that the men and women of peace in that beloved region may unite their efforts to put an end to violence and enable everyone to live in security and mutual harmony".

"The Chaldean Church, the origins of which stretch back to the first centuries of the Christian era, has a long and noble tradition", said the Pope. This tradition "is an expression of her deep roots in the East, ... and of the vital contribution she makes to the Universal Church, especially with her theologians and masters of spirituality. Her history also shows how she has participated actively and fruitfully in the life of your nations. Today the Chaldean Church, which occupies an important place among the various institutions of your countries, must continue this mission at the service of human and spiritual development".

Jer 50:24 I have laid a snare for thee, and thou art also taken, O Babylon, and thou wast not aware: thou art found, and also caught, because thou hast striven against the LORD.
      Jer 50:25 The LORD hath opened his armory, and hath brought forth the weapons of his indignation: for this is the work of the Lord GOD of hosts in the land of the Chaldeans.
      Isaiah 13:17-22

Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.

And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Comment

• Foundation stone laid for housing compound near Hilla
        1-28-09
        http://www.zawya.com/Story.cfm/sidZA...ear%20Hilla%20

BABEL: A foundation stone has been laid for a housing compound west of Hilla city at a cost of $89 million U.S. dollars, according to the head of the local investment commission.

"Today, Babel's Governor Salem Saleh al-Maslamawi laid the foundation stone for a housing compound in Abi Gharq district (10 km west of Hilla), which encompasses 1,116 units in addition to service facilities," Alaa Harba told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

The estimated completion period of the project is two years, Harba added, calling on local and foreign investors to benefit from the province's geographic position and agricultural land.

Babel, a Shiite province that lies 100 km south of the Iraqi capital Baghdad, has an area of 6,468 square kilometers (2,497.3 sq mi), with an estimated population of 1,385,783 people in 2003.

The provincial capital is the town of al-Hilla. The ancient ruins of Babylon (Babil, after which the region is named) are also in the province.

Comment

• Iraq's Ancient Babylon To Be Restored
          2-12-09
          http://www.rferl.org/content/Iraqs_A...d/1492006.html

The Iraqi government will invite UNESCO to visit ancient Babylon this month to evaluate damage at the site, parliamentarian Mufid al-Jazaeri told RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq.

Al-Jazaeri, former Iraqi culture minister and chairman of parliament's committee on culture and antiquities, said that repairs and reconstruction at the ruins will begin once a report on the extent of the damage is complete.

The Hanging Gardens of Babylon, which is about 100 kilometers south of Baghdad, were built in 600 B.C. and were considered one of the seven wonders of the world.

Al-Jazaeri told RFI that Babylon's ruins sustained heavy damage under Saddam Hussein's regime and during the U.S.-led invasion in 2003 when a portion of the site was used as a military base by coalition forces.

Al-Jazaeri urged that Babylon remain closed to the public until restoration is complete.

Comment

• Thanks for keeping us updated on this, ATYCLB(initials of U2 album)(I remember you telling me this awhile back when RapturiteSean and I were trying to figure out your avatar)

Comment

• U.S. To Help Rebuild City of Babylon in Iraq
              Joel Rosenberg
              2-15-09
              http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.co...bylon-in-iraq/

Largely overlooked by the Western news media over the past few weeks was an enormously significant story. The government of Iraq is moving forward with plans to protect the archaeological remains of the ancient City of Babylon, in preparation for building a modern city of Babylon. The project, originally started by the late Saddam Hussein, is aimed eventually at attracting scores of “cultural tourists” from all over the world to see the glories of Mesopotamia’s most famous city. What’s more, the Obama Administration is contributing $700,000 towards “The Future of Babylon Project,” through the State Department’s budget.

“Officials hope Babylon can be revived and made ready for a rich future of tourism, with help from experts at the World Monuments Fund (WMF) and the U.S. embassy,” reports the Reuters news agency. “‘The Future of Babylon’ project launched last month seeks to ‘map the current conditions of Babylon and develop a master plan for its conservation, study and tourism,’ the WMF says. ‘We don’t know how long it will take to reopen to tourists,’ said Mariam Omran Musa, head of a government inspection team based at the site. ‘It depends on funds. I hope that Babylon can be reborn in a better image.’”

More . . .

Comment

• Oh wow.....oh wow.

I read this was going to happen in a few non-fiction prophecy books. One had a chapter on how quickly Babylon could be rebuilt with today's modern capabilities. I read it a few years ago, when Iraq was still pretty much a mess. Joel Rosenberg wrote in Epicenter that Iraq would get turned around.....it had to because we are told in the Bible that Babylon will flourish in the last days.

Amazing !!

Sorry....didn't realize this was from Joel's blog. VERY COOL !! We're going home soon !!
                Last edited by HisAlways; February 16th, 2009, 12:44 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

• U.S. To Help Rebuild City Of Babylon In Iraq

U.S. To Help Rebuild City Of Babylon In Iraq

Largely overlooked by the Western news media over the past few weeks was an enormously significant story. The government of Iraq is moving forward with plans to protect the archaeological remains of the ancient City of Babylon, in preparation for building a modern city of Babylon. The project, originally started by the late Saddam Hussein, is aimed eventually at attracting scores of "cultural tourists" from all over the world to see the glories of Mesopotamia's most famous city. What's more, the Obama Administration is contributing $700,000 towards "The Future of Babylon Project," through the State Department's budget.

"Officials hope Babylon can be revived and made ready for a rich future of tourism, with help from experts at the World Monuments Fund (WMF) and the U.S. embassy," reports the Reuters news agency. "'The Future of Babylon' project launched last month seeks to 'map the current conditions of Babylon and develop a master plan for its conservation, study and tourism,' the WMF says. 'We don't know how long it will take to reopen to tourists,' said Mariam Omran Musa, head of a government inspection team based at the site. 'It depends on funds. I hope that Babylon can be reborn in a better image.....

Link: http://www.worldviewtimes.com/articl...Joel-Rosenberg

Comment

• Good Article, Sari. Unless I go digging on the net, posts here are about the only time I ever hear about the status of Babylon.

Funny, the worlds fascination with Babylon, eh? (sarcasm)

I don't know where I heard this but it's been said that "even the Devil knows scripture" Hmmmmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by WickIsTrimmed View Post
                      Good Article, Sari. Unless I go digging on the net, posts here are about the only time I ever hear about the status of Babylon.

Funny, the worlds fascination with Babylon, eh? (sarcasm)

I don't know where I heard this but it's been said that "even the Devil knows scripture" Hmmmmmmm
                      The proof that the devil knows scripture is in the story of Jesus' temptation in the wilderness. Satan quoted scripture.

Matthew 4:5-7 (King James Version)

5Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Then there is this on the demons

James 2:19 (King James Version)

19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Comment

• Lemmie get this straight. Our country is going to heck in a handbasket because of the economy BUT we are helping rebuild a muslim city on the other side of the world?

Comment

• Thank you , Cherished!

Comment

• Originally posted by lisaann View Post
                            Lemmie get this straight. Our country is going to heck in a handbasket because of the economy BUT we are helping rebuild a muslim city on the other side of the world?

The logic is simply so overwhelmingly stupid that it circles around and becomes brilliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by lisaann View Post
                              Lemmie get this straight. Our country is going to heck in a handbasket because of the economy BUT we are helping rebuild a muslim city on the other side of the world?

Yup.

Then again for believers this is a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WickIsTrimmed View Post
                                Thank you , Cherished!

Comment

Working...
                                X