No announcement yet.

Isaiah 17 *Merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was the same when I tried to read Isaiah, tried 2 chapters at a time, and yet still didn't seem to be able to understand Even when 2 friends at church said "Just read it" I still had trouble. But now we are doing Isaiah at Bible study and it's getting a lot easier for me. Why, I don't know. I don't have too much trouble otherwise.

Comment

Isaiah 17

How do we know for sure that this occurs around the time of the rapture/trib? Couldn't it be fulfilled and rapture, etc. is still decades away?

Comment

No

Originally posted by Sons of Thunder View Post
        How do we know for sure that this occurs around the time of the rapture/trib? Couldn't it be fulfilled and rapture, etc. is still decades away?

There is a new thought that I have recently seen posted on this board, and I accept that it is possible. That Israel would attack Iran and damage their nuke plants badly, setting them back for quiet a while. If this happens, Iran would probably order their proxies to attack Israel leading to Isaiah 17, Psalm 83 with the destruction of Damascus, which would lead to Iran begging Russia and the Moslem nations to come to their aid, and Ezekiel 38 would be on. Some where during this time I expect the Rapture. I still lean more to the following, but can see the above happening too.

1. ISRAEL WILL NEVER ATTACK IRAN BECAUSE AS HISTORY WORKS OUT, THEY WON'T HAVE TO. GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF IRAN. THEY WON'T HAVE TOO.

2. I keep posting here that Isaiah 17, Psalm 83 (I agree that Psalm 83 is a prayer and Isaiah 17 is the answer to the prayer.) is going to come first.
        Iran will have their proxies attack Israel believing that they will destroy them and protect Iran from attack, and they may be partly right, by the time Israel has finished this attack from Damascus, Gaza, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the West Bank, they will have expended most of their weapons and have to be very carefull how they use what they have left. I believe that they will have a lot of trouble getting resupplied from the US or anyone else. They will be in a dangerous position, although I don't think they will be unable to defend themselves against small attacks.

3. Rapture, This ends any help comming from the USA as all Christians that will support Israel will be gone and probably the US will be in a state of panic from having so many people missing. Some in the world will not be hurt near as bad as the US.

4. Iran will then be so afraid of Israel that they will be begging Russia, and all the other moslem nations to come help protect them from Israel. This will be the war of Gog Magog, (Ezekiel 38) and all Israel can do against the combined millions of man armies from all these nations and all their weapons. The few that might want to help Israel won't because they will be afraid that they will be attacked too. When they get to the mountains of Israel and before Israel gets to the point of having to use all her nukes to try and make these armies back off, GOD will step into the history of the world and in a very clearly Devine way will destroy all these armies and their home lands. Only one in six will escape and they will have no place to go. Israel will spent if memory serves the next nine months burying the dead and the next seven years burning the weapons or war. Sometime shortly after this the AC will make a covent for seven years with Israel and the tribulation will be here.

William Beason

Comment

Isaiah: 17

How Many here feel the war that is around the corner will be the war prophesied in Isaiah: 17, and Damascus will cease to exist as a city? My feeling is that it is! If so we need to for the people of that city that they come to Jesus before it is to late. I feel they should not procrastinate!

Comment

Originally posted by StarofDavid View Post
            How Many here feel the war that is around the corner will be the war prophesied in Isaiah: 17, and Damascus will cease to exist as a city? My feeling is that it is! If so we need to for the people of that city that they come to Jesus before it is to late. I feel they should not procrastinate!
            I absolutely agree. We know by scripture that Damascus will be a ruinous heap. I believe it is very close & I for the salvation of these people as well as Israel's.
            sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

Completely correct

I have posted many times that I expect this war very soon, anywhere from today, to a few weeks to months away. My personal view is that it will be much soon than months away. Below is what I have posted many times.

1. ISRAEL WILL NEVER ATTACK IRAN BECAUSE AS HISTORY WORKS OUT, THEY WON'T HAVE TO. GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF IRAN. THEY WON'T HAVE TOO.
              2. I keep posting here that Isaiah 17, Psalm 83 (I agree that Psalm 83 is a prayer and Isaiah 17 is the answer to the prayer.) is going to come first.
              Iran will have their proxies attack Israel believing that they will destroy them and protect Iran from attack, and they may be partly right, by the time Israel has finished this attack from Damascus, Gaza, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the West Bank, they will have expended most of their weapons and have to be very carefull how they use what they have left. I believe that they will have a lot of trouble getting resupplied from the US or anyone else. They will be in a dangerous position, although I don't think they will be unable to defend themselves against small attacks.

3. Rapture, This ends any help comming from the USA as all Christians that will support Israel will be gone and probably the US will be in a state of panic from having so many people missing. Some in the world will not be hurt near as bad as the US.

4. Iran will then be so afraid of Israel that they will be begging Russia, and all the other moslem nations to come help protect them from Israel. This will be the war of Gog Magog, (Ezekiel 38) and all Israel can do against the combined millions of man armies from all these nations and all their weapons. The few that might want to help Israel won't because they will be afraid that they will be attacked too. When they get to the mountains of Israel and before Israel gets to the point of having to use all her nukes to try and make these armies back off, GOD will step into the history of the world and in a very clearly Devine way will destroy all these armies and their home lands. Only one in six will escape and they will have no place to go. Israel will spent if memory serves the next nine months burying the dead and the next seven years burning the weapons or war. Sometime shortly after this the AC will make a covent for seven years with Israel and the tribulation will be here.

William Beason

Comment

Originally posted by WILLIAMBEASON1842 View Post
                I have posted many times that I expect this war very soon, anywhere from today, to a few weeks to months away. My personal view is that it will be much soon than months away. Below is what I have posted many times.

Thats the same exact scenario that I am seeing. And to me, that necessitates #2 above happening relatively soon, because I don't see Israel waiting over 12-18 more months to take out Iran's nuke facilities, and thats a conservative estimate IMO.

Comment

Thank you friends for all your responses. The posts in this forum sure don't hang around long
                  So many things change from day to day in the Mid East. It is hard to keep up. I know War seems to be surly close to exploding there, but it sure seems scary to think we could wake up some morning to find out a city with millions of people have vanished off the earth from a nuke. Another thing is that i think a lot of people, especially people of the world are tired of hearing the boy cry wolf. I think millions will be in for a big shock in the really near future.

Comment

Thank you friends for all your responses. The posts in this forum sure don't hang around long
                    So many things change from day to day in the Mid East. It is hard to keep up. I know War seems to be surly close to exploding there, but it sure seems scary to think we could wake up some morning to find out a city with millions of people have vanished off the earth from a nuke. Another thing is that i think a lot of people, especially people of the world are tired of hearing the boy cry wolf. I think millions will be in for a big shock in the really near future.
                    I too I'm soo tired of hearing there's going to be a war. after the flotilla raid...things aren't as wolfish. we really do see the battlelines drawing now. instead of just "talk". I just wish they would leave Israel alone. everyone wanting a piece of it has their own place to live. why do they need to take away the only land the jews have?? why are they soooo selfish?? I guess it is just satan trying to win the world over before God comes back to take the riegns. He will fight for Israel and everyone will take notice!!! it's a shame it will be too late for some, because they will have already sold their soul to the devil with the mark!!

I think bibi and Israel might be at the point of fighting.. because they are tired of everyone wanting a piece of them. they truly are a forgiving people too to allow those rockets everyday for yrs going into their country. it just boogles my mind that anyone would think there would be peace if they give up more land. it didn't work in gaza. why and how is it going to work for a 2 state???

Comment

Originally posted by GOD'S GIRL!! View Post
                      I too I'm soo tired of hearing there's going to be a war. after the flotilla raid...things aren't as wolfish. we really do see the battlelines drawing now. instead of just "talk". I just wish they would leave Israel alone. everyone wanting a piece of it has their own place to live. why do they need to take away the only land the jews have?? why are they soooo selfish?? I guess it is just satan trying to win the world over before God comes back to take the riegns. He will fight for Israel and everyone will take notice!!! it's a shame it will be too late for some, because they will have already sold their soul to the devil with the mark!!

I think bibi and Israel might be at the point of fighting.. because they are tired of everyone wanting a piece of them. they truly are a forgiving people too to allow those rockets everyday for yrs going into their country. it just boogles my mind that anyone would think there would be peace if they give up more land. it didn't work in gaza. why and how is it going to work for a 2 state???
                      It all goes back to Genesis 16:12...
                      "He shall be a wild man; His hand shall be against every man, And every manís hand against him. And he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.Ē

Comment

I was laying on my couch yesterday and for some reason I kept thinking about, and seeing in my 'mind's eye', I believe is what you'd call it, the words "Isaiah 17:1" and "Burden of Damascus" then that triggered me to remember the verse itself. I don't know if it means anything or not but it was interesting.

You sometimes wonder if there's significance to something in the immediate future when something you haven't even thought about for a while just sort of pops up with a bit of prominence.
                        No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
                        Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
                        Psalm 91:7-8

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
                        Romans 8:31

Comment

Rapture prophecied in Isaiah?

Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please forgive me and please move it.

I found this scripture the other night and was amazed. Here's my take on it, and I wanted to see what you guys think. Thanks in advance!

Isaiah 8:16-18 – Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples. And I will wait upon the Lord, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for Him. Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me are for signs and wonders in Israel from the Lord of Hosts, which dwelleth in Mount Zion.

First, Isaiah is being told to bind up the testimony and seal the law, which, to me, bears strong resemblance to Daniel being told in Daniel 12:4 "shut up the words and seal the book, even to the time of the end". I believe that this parallel is possibly meant to show that this scripture in Isaiah is also regarding the time of the end just as the scripture in Daniel does.

Next in the Isaiah scripture is seen to me to be prophecy of Jesus when it says "Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me" because this parallels with John 17:9-24. If that's the case and it's prophecy of Jesus, then this scripture is showing that it's Jesus and the children given to Him who are to be signs and wonders in Israel. This is where it's amazing because, to me, this is another rapture proof.

So, I started looking up every where "signs and wonders" appeared in the Bible. It's stated throughout scripture that in the last days before the end comes, there will be signs and wonders in heaven and the earth; see Joel 2:30-31, Luke 21:11, and Acts 2:19. If it's correct that the Isaiah scripture is a prophecy, then how is this to be a sign in Israel and how does this correlate to the signs and wonders in heaven and earth? To me, it had to be the rapture. I believe this scripture, along with the parallel scriptures, is stating that when Jesus comes to get us we will be the signs and wonders in Heaven which will be signs and wonders in Israel. I believe it's saying our rapture will amaze the people in Israel and point Israel to God and His prophecies!

I continued looking up parallel verses. What I found was great food for thought. Matthew 24:24, Mark 13:22, and 2Thessalonians 2:9 all show the a/c showing lying signs and wonders; the opposite of God's real signs and wonders. It immediately brought to mind Pharaoh in Exodus. God, through Moses and Aaron, performed many signs and wonders in front of Pharaoh to get him to believe, but Pharaoh used his magicians to copy some of the signs and wonders. This is exactly what the a/c will do. He will copy. It bears wondering, if the rapture is a sign and wonder to the people in Israel, what will the lying signs and wonders be from the a/c? And God will bring on them strong delusion so that they might believe a lie..........

Thoughts?

Comment

I think Ezk. 37-38 will be one of the major signs and wonder. The Lord said when he supernaturally destroys the confederation everyone will KNOW he did it, The two witnesses will also be a sign and a wonder when fire proceeds out of their mouths and destroys them that try to do them harm. Also they cause the rain not to fall. The protection of the 144,000 will probably entail many wonderous signs before the Lord allows them to be killed. Bringing the two witnesses to life after 3 days another sign. All the plagues and the Angel flying though the air proclaiming the Gospel. It will be awesome. I'm glad I won't be there.

Comment

Interesting study, maybe stretching it a b it, but I'd have to review all those scriptures in context b4 I would agree
                              As far as the 'strong delusion' goes, I have my idea on what exactly it is, but it would likely end up in the tin foil shed. LOL

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
                              nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
                              Romans 8:38,39

Comment

I too will study the referenced verses with your view point in mind. I don't find this strange at all though. Just this weekend I was reading Ps 27 for the purpose of memorizing it. Verses 4-6 just struck me as describing Christians, the rapture and worship in heaven. I have a feeling this is not coincidence, and we may begin to see more clearly as the time gets nearer.
                                Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Comment

Working...
                                X