Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this Generation see the End of the Age? (merged)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WantToGoHome View Post
    I love the new spelling -- bama
    I'm trying to remember, WantToGoHome, which member of the boards consistently uses this spelling One of the guys. So, I can't take the credit. I, too, love it so I've been using it.
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

sigpic

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus's Girl View Post
        Family,

How would you rate the Birth Pangs of today? RR has a link that is called The Rapture Index: The Gauge of the End Times. It lists everything at 165 and says "Fasten Your Seatbelts". So, when we look at the Birth Pangs, ie: earthquakes in the past 3 weeks, storms, famines in many huge parts of the world, the great sin of abortion and homosexuality, etc. What do you think, Family? Are we there? Do you think we are about to "have this baby" or in other words "Raptured"?
        My favorite answer to this question is in someone's sig either here on RR or over on RF. It goes something like:
        The fat lady is here, her mouth is open and she's about to sing.
        My humble apologies to whoever's sig I just misquoted. LOL

Comment

I want to say very close, like some others, but over the past few years we've seen God turn things on a dime...but golly....I've not seen a situation like we are in now ever before. It feels like very soon...but it's up to God.....however, I still pray for Jesus to come quickly.
          "Even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Even so....come and take Your Bride away. How my soul longs to be with You, my Lord! Even so, even so, come, Lord Jesus, come!" (Rev. 22:20)...Terry MacAlmon Music Ministries
          sigpic

Comment

My head is just spinning. I thought it wouldn't be like this until we were in the tribulation. Frankly, at this point, I can't even comprehend how bad it will be during the tribulation. Sometimes I think maybe we're in the tribulation and we don't realize it yet.

I'm so confused. It seems to me like people will be so used to the birth pangs by the time the trib hits that they won't think anything about it. So, how will the events of the tribulation bring people to God?

I'm so confused....
            Things will be exponentially worse during the Tribulation than they are right now. I know that things look pretty bad now, but they're going to get so much worse. The Great Tribulation is, at least, three and a half years away. The 70th week, which begins sometime after the rapture, hasn't even begun yet. Just fasten your seatbelt, fix your eyes on the Lord, place all your faith in Him and you'll make it to the rapture. I know things seem pretty scary, but these things must happen.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
            I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus's Girl View Post
              Family,

How would you rate the Birth Pangs of today? RR has a link that is called The Rapture Index: The Gauge of the End Times. It lists everything at 165 and says "Fasten Your Seatbelts". So, when we look at the Birth Pangs, ie: earthquakes in the past 3 weeks, storms, famines in many huge parts of the world, the great sin of abortion and homosexuality, etc. What do you think, Family? Are we there? Do you think we are about to "have this baby" or in other words "Raptured"?
              If we are talking birth pang analogy, then I believe we can see the head. The shoulders are the next hardest part to come, and the rest comes out easily after that. Isreal becoming a nation was the head. Right now, the situation with Isreal and nuclear Iran is the shoulders, and it's not budging. After the shoulders come, the rest will be a down hill cake walk. Then we are home free.

Comment

Originally posted by jadeeyes View Post
                Things will be exponentially worse during the Tribulation than they are right now. I know that things look pretty bad now, but they're going to get so much worse. The Great Tribulation is, at least, three and a half years away. The 70th week, which begins sometime after the rapture, hasn't even begun yet. Just fasten your seatbelt, fix your eyes on the Lord, place all your faith in Him and you'll make it to the rapture. I know things seem pretty scary, but these things must happen.

Bravo Jade! Awesome answer sis!
                1 Thess 4:16-7 (KJV): For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, & with the trump of God: & the dead in Christ shall rise first.Then we which are alive & remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: & so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Comment

I'm expecting it to get much worse before we even get out of here.

Comment

My head is just spinning. I thought it wouldn't be like this until we were in the tribulation. Frankly, at this point, I can't even comprehend how bad it will be during the tribulation. Sometimes I think maybe we're in the tribulation and we don't realize it yet.

I'm so confused. It seems to me like people will be so used to the birth pangs by the time the trib hits that they won't think anything about it. So, how will the events of the tribulation bring people to God?

I'm so confused....
                    Birth pangs are signs, thus what we are seeing today will continue and even get worse into the tribulation. I see all the chaos of today leading to a war (maybe Psalm 83) that causes so much destruction that the God tells Jesus "Go forth Son it's time" and we are raptured, then a Leader arises with a peace answer the world can accept. Peace and safety will be sung from the mouths of all his/her followers for 3.5 years... While an evil coalition plans its evil strategies against Israel. We are not in the tribulation yet, but all these things must happen and the pangs will get closer leading up to the massive chaos that brings on the Raptuire. This must be gradual, we cannot go from a euphoric loving society one day to a nasty evil make war world overnight... So be cheery, and sing praises to the Lord as our time here on earth grows shorter by the day...

One last thing, things will get SO bad during the tribulation as sooo many have placed their faith in the AC person, but there will be a remnant of those who heard the word of God but held off on accepting it, while never rejecting it, this remnant will know what happened to the believers, and will pointedly accept Christ and begin to evangelize others as well. This remnant will be interesting to watch from heaven above... They will be joined by 144,000 others who have a purpose to spread the Gospel to the uttermost Islands, jungles, hills, mountains and caves of the world... Its all coming about... Look up your redemption draweth nigh...
                    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

:snoopy

Comment

• Originally posted by WantToGoHome View Post
                      I love the new spelling -- bama
                      Could not be said any better than that!!!

Comment

• The only way we can have anything to do with nudging that time along, is to tell everyone we see about Jesus and His gift of salvation. I never understood the "urgency" in telling everyone we can, until the past couple of years. Do all you can to tell as many as you can - and bring about "the fullness of the Gentiles" - IMHO........
                        Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord, with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding. But in all your ways, acknowldge Him, and He will direct your path."
                        George Washington on 9/17/1796 "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible."
                        Waiting to see your face, Lord! Trying to be patient!

Comment

• Patti311 I want to say very close, like some others, but over the past few years we've seen God turn things on a dime...but golly....I've not seen a situation like we are in now ever before. It feels like very soon...but it's up to God.....however, I still pray for Jesus to come quickly.

I've been anxiously waiting since I was Born Again in 1978 and thought The Rapture would happen at any second!
                          31 years later...still waiting. Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the 'scoffers' in II Peter 3:4!

<><

Comment

• I'm reading the book, Every Prophecy of the Bible by John F. Walvoord,and I do believe it says in there that the rapture may occur before a one world currency, or am I reading this wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Susan B-9 View Post

I've been anxiously waiting since I was Born Again in 1978 and thought The Rapture would happen at any second!
                              31 years later...still waiting. Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the 'scoffers' in II Peter 3:4!

<><
                              Yeah seems to me like we are 2 or 3 years past due with all of the signs happening that we were told to watch for. In fact, if this were pregnancy as we experience it in our human world, the docs would have performed a C section already, but then what do I know? One other user mentioned how God turns things on a dime and that's what I am seeing now. A few weeks back we had a lot more sensational headlines and it seemed like things were really heating up, even getting a bit scary. People were posting the "any day now" threads....you know the ones that eventually fade away into obscurity. Now it's all relatively quiet again.

Comment

• Those of us who are Americans kind of have a problem (imho) We are not used to a lot of suffering and doing without. God has blessed this country tremendously. I can't imagine having to live in Pakistan or India or Ethiopia! They face things we here in America can't even dream of! So ANY kind of troublesome problem seems huge to us. (ie-President controlling the television or internet etc) Taxes on food! Many people have NO food! It's not our fault that we are this way because most of us have never known any different. But we tend to see more menial things as "suffering". Honestly, I think things could get horribly worse before Rapture. What we do seem to know or speculate is that the US is not really mentioned in prophecy. (not a lot to my knowledge) That means that it is possible that this country will be destroyed or will have fallen before Rapture even happens. We certainly see how that's possible in the news today. I don't want to be a downer at all! We have the glorious Hope of Jesus Christ coming back for us! I just want us to be prepared to stand up for Him, no matter the cost; which may be your life or the life of someone you love. Is our faith that strong? Remember when God made the covenant with Abram and when David and Jonathon made a covenant with each other? It's a blood covenant; it means your enemies are now my enemies. The enemy of God is the world. So OUR enemy is the world. We are coming into a very difficult time now. The enemy is focussing on our children, our churches, our homes, our medication for crying out loud. This is the beginning. We COULD have much more to go through... but honestly, when I see the news and these signs, I could swear I feel Jesus' breath on my neck! I believe He is thisclose. So stand firm and do not fear... our redemption draweth nigh! Until then continue doing the work of the Lord!
                                1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Comment

Working...
                                X