Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this Generation see the End of the Age? (merged)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3rdWatch View Post
    Again, The Lord Jesus Christ speaking ~

Luke 21:31 - 36: So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
    Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
    Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
    And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
    For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
    Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Maranatha ! amen
    I say this with love and respect,this scriptures refers to the SECOND COMING NOT THE RAPTURE,which is NOT a DAY BUT a MOMENTOUS FAST EVENT!
    in the twinkling of an eye.You cannot get faster than that.
    Of course,PRAYING and being on alert is good BUT WE HAVE BEEN MADE WORTHY TO ESCAPE THANKS TO HIS BLOOD,so we don't need to pray for that,our SALVATION IS NOT BASED ON ANY WORK on our side.
    That scripture is referring to the GT believers that DON'T HAVE the help of THE SPIRIT as we do.
    THE CHURCH IS ALREADY SAVED,ads a matter of fact IS SEATED in the heavenlies with CHRIST,the trick is between what is ALREADY HAPPENED by GOD 's point of view in eternity and what is happening to us in the time space dimension we live now.
    ALL we have to do to be saved is BELIEVE in HIM,add and subtract nothing.
    So,in my modest opinion unless we understand that JESUS IS NOT SPEAKING to THE CHURCH, we make a lot of confusion
    .So,lets pray and watch,it is surely good for us too,BUT THE COMMISSION GIVEN to THE CHURCH IS TO GO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO EVERY ONE UNTIL that finishes because HE TAKES US HOME and the ball is back to ISRAEL.
    If I am wrong I will be happy to be corrected.

Comment

• I that we are indeed the generation that sees the Rapture. I am 26 and weary of the darkness that has fallen on this world. I just want to be out of here, home with the Lord and reunited with my brother who passed away in 1991.

Comment

• Our Heavenly Home

This is such an exciting time to be living in the days of prophetic events taking place. Let's be ready & watching for our blessed hope the rapture. Look up our redemption draweth nigh.
        sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

• Originally posted by jesuschangesall View Post
          I say this with love and respect,this scriptures refers to the SECOND COMING NOT THE RAPTURE,which is NOT a DAY BUT a MOMENTOUS FAST EVENT!
          in the twinkling of an eye.You cannot get faster than that.
          Of course,PRAYING and being on alert is good BUT WE HAVE BEEN MADE WORTHY TO ESCAPE THANKS TO HIS BLOOD,so we don't need to pray for that,our SALVATION IS NOT BASED ON ANY WORK on our side.
          That scripture is referring to the GT believers that DON'T HAVE the help of THE SPIRIT as we do.
          THE CHURCH IS ALREADY SAVED,ads a matter of fact IS SEATED in the heavenlies with CHRIST,the trick is between what is ALREADY HAPPENED by GOD 's point of view in eternity and what is happening to us in the time space dimension we live now.
          ALL we have to do to be saved is BELIEVE in HIM,add and subtract nothing.
          So,in my modest opinion unless we understand that JESUS IS NOT SPEAKING to THE CHURCH, we make a lot of confusion
          .So,lets pray and watch,it is surely good for us too,BUT THE COMMISSION GIVEN to THE CHURCH IS TO GO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO EVERY ONE UNTIL that finishes because HE TAKES US HOME and the ball is back to ISRAEL.
          If I am wrong I will be happy to be corrected.
          I can see what you're saying but I don't think the scriptures necessarily point only to observing signs prior to the second coming. Jesus spoke to his disciples and the church at large to observe those signs.

The point you raise about the GT believers not having the help from the Spirit of God is misleading, as only the Spirit of God can quicken someone to believe so His Holy Spirit will still be present on earth throughout the GT.
          sigpic

Luke 21:28

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

Comment

• I will try to explain myself better...

Originally posted by $teve View Post
            I can see what you're saying but I don't think the scriptures necessarily point only to observing signs prior to the second coming. Jesus spoke to his disciples and the church at large to observe those signs.

The point you raise about the GT believers not having the help from the Spirit of God is misleading, as only the Spirit of God can quicken someone to believe so His Holy Spirit will still be present on earth throughout the GT.
            The HOLY SPIRIT is in this dispensation in a UNIQUE WAY,HE IS WITH THE BRIDE ( THE CHURCH) in a way that was NOT with the OT saints ( he would FALL on them in occasions,see Samson) and of course,The Holy Spirit being God has been ALWAYS present and always will be,BUT not like now.
            The Bride is a UNIQUE reality.The HOLY SPIRIT will leave this planet with THE BRIDE in THE EVENT called THE RAPTURE.Of course will still be on the planet to REVEAL CHRIST to the GENTILES and in a very special way to ISRAEL see the outpouring of The Spirit in Joel and then repeated in Acts 2 relatively to the GREAT WORK of THE SPIRIT in ISRAEL so that they will believe in their MESSIAH JESUS....so,I am sorry if I explained it in a wrong manner,I meant that what we have NOW as THE BRIDE is absolutely amazing....but may be we don't realize the greatness of the fact considering the ongoing debate on The Spirit baptism,tongues and gifts that divides so much and we are missing the point.
            As His BRIDE,and as HIS CHURCH we are very clearly commanded TO PREACH THE GOSPEL OF GRACE to ALL nations UNTIL HE COMES and we finish our job and then Israel will be awakened and The Lord will raise Evangelists among Israel....THE POWER of THE SPIRIT has been given to us TO PREACH HIS GOSPEL not to exalt individuals,movements or denomination and a true preaching in the anointing of The Spirit will ALWAYS exalt JESUS and bring souls to HIM.
            Of course the Counselor is also WITH and IN us to exhort,build up and comfort us while we wait for THE BRIDEGROOM....so I don not diminish THE SPIRIT WHO IS GOD and has the same attributes and qualities of THE FATHER and THE SON,as we know we worship and SERVE ONE GOD that happens to be a TRIUNITY...well,too deep for me,but I believe it and I have HIS witness and the witness of The Scriptures,so I am safe.
            I would like to underline that PRAYING, STUDYING HIS WORD,PREACHING HIS GOSPEL, walking BY FAITH and NOT by sight,LOVING GOD and our fellowman they are the NORMAL traits of the true believer even though we all come short ( I am the first to come short) in a way or another.
            In the gospel,the prophetic sermons of THE LORD JESUS in Matthew 24 ans synoptics ARE always DIRECTED to ISRAEL not the church.In fact THE CHURCH was a mystery ( revealed later to Paul ) and Jesus mentioned HE WAS GOING TO BUILD HIS CHURCH on HIMSELF not on Peter or anyone else,and JESUS did't mention THE RAPTURE because also it was a MYSTERY revealed to Paul later.
            JESUS was WARNING ISRAEL.
            We are NOT WARNED,we are exhorted and instructed and COMMANDED and COMMISSIONED TO PREACH HIS GOSPEL to all nations ( see how the synoptics report THE GREAT COMMISSION) and also TO TEACH and make DISCIPLES OF HIM ....till the day that FINALLY WE are RAPTURED.

Now,of course the times we are living in are increasingly EVIL and are manifesting the work of the enemy among the unbelievers,of course we also see the planet going through spasmodic convulsions and so we get earthquakes,tsunamis,THE LOT and MORE and everything is going accordingly what The Scriptures tells us that we are heading towards APOSTASY and EVIL EVIL DAYS,nothing different from what is written,BUT what is happening now IS VERY MILD if compared to the GT ...Jesus said that it is going to be HORRIBLE in every possible way,but bad as it is today,THE SON OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IS STILL SHINING and WE MUST POINT PEOPLE TO HIM,till there is time to do it,and I believe personally there is NOT so much time left.
            THE BRIDE IS NOT GOING TO GO INTO THE FIERY FURNACE of THE GT also called JACOB's TRUBLE and we,the church,are NOT JACOB( ISRAEL).
            So WE HAVE a LOVE a GRATEFUL obligation to LOVE ,HELP,SUSTAIN ISRAEL in every possible way,because ISRAEL IS STILL HIS PEOPLE even if in this time an the whole they are back in the land in UNBELIEF...but the day will come that HE WILL MOVE AGAIN in ISRAEL and they will believe.

SO,PLEASE,COME and TAKE US HOME LORD JESUS.

Comment

• Fig Tree, Israel and 2nd Coming

Mods, Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I really need some insight on this subject. After the passing of the health care bill today, I am overwhelmed with anxiety for the Lord's return for us. I have always liked Grant Jeffrey, Hal Lindsey, Chuck Smith, Chuck Missler, ect. I was watching GJ tonight... Grant Jeffrey has a teaching that Israel is the fig tree and that the Bible has used the fig tree to represent Israel in Zechariah and others. How do we know that it represents the fig tree? Grant Jeffrey says that the generation that sees the rebirth of Israel will also be alive to see the coming of the Messiah. Is this what Jesus meant when He said this in Matthew 24? GJ gave Psalm 102: "When I build up Zion, I will return in Glory." But what about Luke's account for the "fig tree and all the trees"?

Is the fig tree Israel? Obviously we can't put a date on Jesus's coming or trying to pinpoint the generation. But in our lifetime? So, those who saw Israel become a nation in that decade will also witness the 2nd Coming?

Here's his teaching:

http://www.christian.tv/index.php?mo...aCenter&cid=22

Maranatha!!!

Comment

• That is what I understand to be the truth, from the study I have done...yes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kvat3r View Post
                  That is what I understand to be the truth, from the study I have done...yes...
                  Thanks K, but I am so confused because Chuck Missler says that the fig tree has NOTHING to do with Israel. I am getting so many mixed messages and not sure which is true. Some say that the fig tree is to just show us that when we see the signs bloom that "summer" is near, and then others say that when you see Israel become a nation you will also see Jesus's 2nd coming... So confused. Why did Jesus put a curse on the fig tree because it was barren... does that act tie to what he was going to say later on about the fig tree being Israel and it blooming?

Comment

• Jesus' Girl, hon, didn't you ask this same question before, like about a month ago? I could swear we had this conversation already... maybe someone else brought it up, but I'm positive there's a whole thread on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightelf View Post
                      Jesus' Girl, hon, didn't you ask this same question before, like about a month ago? I could swear we had this conversation already... maybe someone else brought it up, but I'm positive there's a whole thread on this.
                      Yeah, it was me. I'm so confused! Can't Christ give us the true meaning? How come there's great biblical scholars and they disagree on a simple parable as the fig tree and its meaning? I guess I want to know when Jesus is coming back and obviously we can't know that... just the season.. but I am wishing the time was now. I am so afraid of time and there being too much of it... sounds ridiculous and selfish but I want Jesus to come back so bad it hurts and I could cry and weep over it every day.

Comment

• IT doesn't matter one way or the other if Israel=Fig Tree.

We have an array of other prophecies (namely Ezekiel, Matt 24 etc) which dictate that Israel must be regathered in their land in the last days.

Comment

• These prophecy scholars may disagree on some issues.......but they all agree on one thing!!

JESUS IS COMING SOON!!!!

Keep that in mind!

Comment

• Friend,

A kind soul here sent me this scripture to me a few weeks back when I had some questions and was seeking the board (and a popular teacher who is a gifted speaker but isn't sound in her doctrine) instead of seeking the Lord!

Pray for the Holy Spirit to teach you and let Him sort this out for you. It is His job to teach a believer; ask and it shall be given unto you. Read your Bible in context: who is being spoken to and who is being spoken of? Pronouns always modify/refer to the closest noun.

Here is that scripture:

1 John 2:27 (New American Standard Bible)

27As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

I want Him to come for us too. Patience. Let us be about His business when He comes for us, spending our time earning a jewel for our crown that we may cast it at His feet and give Him all the praise He is worthy to receive.

Comment

• Jesus Girl,

I thought this was settled in your mind about a month ago. I think at this point, you need to give it up to God and not worry. Over analyzing things leads to error, especially if the Truth you seek doesn't come from Him. Pray and wait on the Lord to give you the answer. Thinking and thinking about this will not give you the answer you are looking for, nor will it be settled in your mind one way or the other.

One day you will look back on all this worrying and think, "Wow, I wasted so much time worrying about this!".

God is in control. He has an appointed time when He will come back for us so we can be with Him. We musn't worry about how long it will be before then, but rather focus on what He wants us to do while we are still here.

May the Lord give you His Peace as you fulfill His great commission!

God bless,
                              - JIL

Comment

• Originally posted by tres amigos View Post
                                These prophecy scholars may disagree on some issues.......but they all agree on one thing!!

JESUS IS COMING SOON!!!!

Keep that in mind!
                                That is how I see this too. I would not get to worked up a minor disagreement because every other sign is off the the charts "hot".

Please do not fret Jesus Girl....We will be dining at the marriage supper of the Lamb soon enough. Jesus is busy adding to the number he wants to include. He may just be waiting on someone dear to you.

This health care bill could sink my business as I know it but I could pretty much care less about it. God is in control and I will continue to trust in Him.
                                Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Comment

Working...
                                X