No announcement yet.

The Mayan Calendar and 2012 Prophecies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a sign driving across the panhandle of FL today. It was very simple and said: Mayan Calendar 12/21/2012.

First thing I'd seen or heard of it in weeks. I know of a couple of friends who are trying to complete bucket lists all of a sudden.

By watching my friends on FB, it seems some of the Camping/2012 mockers are feeling a strange 'vibe' these days. I think it has to do with the fiscal cliff. IDK. But it's right underneath the surface everywhere I turn lately.

For me it's a sense of calm and peace, God knows what and when the rapture will happen and the only thing we are to do until HE decides is tell everyone about His Son.
    If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have charity, I am nothing. 1 Co 13:2

Comment

• Originally posted by KissyLoves View Post
      Saw a sign driving across the panhandle of FL today. It was very simple and said: Mayan Calendar 12/21/2012.
      Probably put up by the same people who think Hussein is going to save the USA.

Comment

• I just realized my paper calendar ends in December 2012 and I have to print a new one beginning with Jan 2013 so I can pencil in my work schedule.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
        Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
        Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
          I just realized my paper calendar ends in December 2012 and I have to print a new one beginning with Jan 2013 so I can pencil in my work schedule.
          Pencil? They still make those? Even with erasers?
          sigpic
          Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sydney Spider View Post
            Oh you crazy Mayans... literally... out of their minds, human sacrifice, etc.

People look down their nose at the Bible which is above reproach, condemns all that bunk, but a crazy pagan culture that worships the sun and offers human sacrifices somehow has a handle on the end times.

Oh you crazy humanists...

Comment

• Don't get caught using those pencils to write in cursive. Some educators want to abolish that. It takes too much time, and provides the possibility of individual caligraphic style. There will be no room for individuality in the New World Order - only keypunch allowed! Style: Times New Roman (Empire). Type size: 12 (larger sizes can be used only by government officials).

Comment

• This much is fact

I am no prophet, but I can say that the following is true and that the Mayan Calender is just a bunch of pure garbage.

1. First fact is that we have a seven year tribulation period left for this earth to go through, and it want be fun, but it is comming.

2. Next there will be a 1000 year reign of JESUS CHRIST on this earth and of that I am sure of because JESUS revealed it through the prophet John. Also we win, the world looses.

3. And before fact 1. we still have a few days, weeks or even a few years left before the Rapture of the Church.

All told that mean just from Scripture this world as we know it will exist for at least another 1007 years and we still have an unknown amount of time left before the Rapture and then the Tribulation and 1000 year reign of Christ. As a result, don't worry about what the world may believe about Dec. 21, 2012. It will be the end of nothing. I have that as fact from the Word of God

Also, John revealed that the earth will be clensed by fire, the city New Jersulem will come down out of Heaven to the earth, and GOD will rule forever and man will be with him forever. this Earth is cleansed but never destroyed.
                Last edited by iSong6:3; November 29th, 2012, 02:14 AM. Reason: No typing in caps, CAPS = SHOUTING.
                William Beason

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
                  I'm waiting to wake up tomorrow to discover I've won the Powerball and sometime before I can cash in the winning ticket....

You have won the better prize. The one waiting for us in heaven.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                    Don't get caught using those pencils to write in cursive. Some educators want to abolish that. It takes too much time, and provides the possibility of individual caligraphic style. There will be no room for individuality in the New World Order - only keypunch allowed! Style: Times New Roman (Empire). Type size: 12 (larger sizes can be used only by government officials).

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
                      I'm waiting to wake up tomorrow to discover I've won the Powerball and sometime before I can cash in the winning ticket....

Hey that wouldn't be too funny because the Powerball is up to $425 million and I have the winning ticket....
                      This world is not my home. I'm just passing through. If heaven's not my home, O Lord, what would I do? The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore."
                      Complete justice for us will come only "when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels" (v. 7).

Comment

• Back to the Mayans: A couple of Sundays ago, our pastor commented on this subject in a roundabout way by mentioning the szyszygy brouhaha back in the 1980s. That was when all nine planets were aligned to within the same quadrant of the sky -- not an exact "linear" alignment, but pretty close, astronomically speaking. He recalled that many people used the (unfounded) fears that the alignment would cause catastrophic disasters -- massive earthquakes, huge tidal waves, you name it -- and used those "end of the world" scare tactics to get people to return to God. And many did. Unfortunately, he said, such scare tactics only work in the short-term, and many who returned to church fell away again a short time later after the predicted calamities failed to manifest themselves. Using a loving, caring attitude works best in the long-term.

Now that the Mayan calendar is about to "expire," we are seeing yet another renaissance of people being frightened into returning to church, believing that the End of the World is nigh. They are going to feel pretty foolish come sunrise on Dec. 22.

And yet, I can't help pondering the notion that God could use the whole Mayan calendar incident as a ready-made explanation for the Rapture, should that event take place within a few weeks or even months of the Dec. 21 deadline. (It does not have to happen on the exact day predicted, just close enough to it.) After all, doesn't the Bible mention a "deception" that God will use to explain the sudden disappearance of millions of people? (I really need to bone up on my Revelation reading.)

Do I think that the Dec. 21 Mayan calendar doomsday prophecy will truly herald the Rapture? Not for a second. But with the newly inflamed situation in the Middle East, the looming "fiscal cliff" and other harbingers of disaster for this world, one can't help but wonder just how close we truly are to our inevitable return to God.

Comment

• Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheBoat View Post
                          The calendar may have not run out they just need to order a new one. Anyway, I think it should be obvious that the Mayans do not have an accurate handle on spiritual things.
                          Yeah, those extinct death cults are not very inspiring.

Comment

• One thing all the fascination illustrates is the dismal state of the sciences as taught in schools - or the deteriorated condition that logic has descended to globally.

Since when has an alignment of planets (some in our solar system and some light years away) ever created enough "accumulated gravity" to so much as raise a tide one quarter inch?

(By the way, there's no such thing as the "pull" of gravity - the fabric of the space-time continuum is more curved around objects of greater mass, "pushing" smaller objects along those curves toward the object of greater mass).

Comment

• I can't help but think December 21, 2012 will be a very normal day without any massive earthquakes, raging storms, tsunami's and definitely not the end of the world, nor do I foresee the rapture happening on this day. There is nothing special about this date in the Bible. I can't see God doing anything on a date given by mankind. It would give creedence to men. The God Who does not share His glory with another is unlikely to allow anything big to happen on December 21 so that mankind will turn to Mayans or Aztecs or whoever when they should all be turning to Jesus.

On an interesting, and very frightening, note, I did see a show on TV not too long along that says the sun will enter into an increased period of sunspot activity beginning on December 21. The consequences of this could be as bad as losing all electrical systems on earth if the activity gets bad enough. I'm talking no electricity, no heat, no a/c (air conditioning), no water in our homes as that works by electric pumps, no communication and no transportation. Seriously, things could go primitive very quickly if a large enough sunspot is generated. The cycle begins on 12/21/2012 and the possibility of disaster begins on, not happens on, that day.

Given the possibility of such a disaster occuring, I tend to believe, Biblical or not, that December 21 portents the possibility for entering into the tribulation period very soon. I freely admit that I don't think I could survive with electricity. For the civilized world, a month or two of no electricity is something too terrible to contemplate and oddly enough, a large part of the east coast of the US just found out what it is like to be without this wonderful utility. I'm so happy the rapture is coming soon. It's not December 21st that scares me, it's people who have no respect for the Lord and His Christ that scare me. They're part of the reason why He is going to judge the world soon with the tribulation. No electricity would be a severe judgment on many.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
                              For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                                One thing all the fascination illustrates is the dismal state of the sciences as taught in schools - or the deteriorated condition that logic has descended to globally.

Since when has an alignment of planets (some in our solar system and some light years away) ever created enough "accumulated gravity" to so much as raise a tide one quarter inch?

(By the way, there's no such thing as the "pull" of gravity - the fabric of the space-time continuum is more curved around objects of greater mass, "pushing" smaller objects along those curves toward the object of greater mass).

That's some heavy stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X