No announcement yet.

A Red Heifer Has Arrived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read this on the Temple Institue website. They will examine it again in three months.

Comment

this is exciting, but I am waiting with baited breath. This has happened before, but a lot of times , the animal will not remain totally red as the animal matures.

Comment

I wonder if in temple times they had trouble finding an unblemished heifer?
        sigpic

Comment

My own guess would be that God is doing a facepalm and saying, "When I said no blemishes, I meant not blind or crippled or missing a leg. I never said she couldn't have one white hair!"

Edit To Add: See also Straining Gnats and Swallowing Camels!
          --------Eric H. Bowen

sigpic 16 inch Armor Piercing: When you care enough to send the very, very, best!

Comment

Originally posted by ehbowen View Post
            My own guess would be that God is doing a facepalm and saying, "When I said no blemishes, I meant not blind or crippled or missing a leg. I never said she couldn't have one white hair!"

Edit To Add: See also Straining Gnats and Swallowing Camels!
            Heh. I was just thinking, perhaps when their heart is right and they are really desiring to worship, then God will give them the perfect red heifer. But ehbowen, I like your answer better!
            It almost seems like they want to find every excuse to make worshiping God difficult.
            "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
            always abounding in the work of the Lord;
            knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post

Heh. I was just thinking, perhaps when their heart is right and they are really desiring to worship, then God will give them the perfect red heifer. But ehbowen, I like your answer better!
              It almost seems like they want to find every excuse to make worshiping God difficult.
              That's kind of touchy. I'm sure that there is a remnant who is "really desiring to worship" and has been for quite some time. I also think that if God is waiting for ALL Israel to "really desire to worship", then the heat-death of the Universe comes into play. But if the Holy One of Israel could forgive and atone for those in Hezekiah's day who ate the Passover while unclean, I'm sure he would be willing to make some arrangement for using a heifer with a couple of white hairs.

Of course, WE know that the perfect sacrifice was Jesus Christ, and obsessing about any animal sacrifice which looks back to and commemorates that perfect sacrifice is, IMHO, minimizing its importance and in a sense dishonoring it. So maybe that's why they've had such a time finding the "perfect" red heifer...God is saying, in so many words, "Until you recognize that the blood of bulls and goats can never take away sin, you're going to keep finding white hairs!"

--------Eric H. Bowen

sigpic 16 inch Armor Piercing: When you care enough to send the very, very, best!

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post

This Tribulation Temple gets built without God's leading the Israelis to do so... they're doing it on their own, so to speak. Given that, I imagine that it doesn't really matter if they have a perfect red heifer, or if they do, it might end up being via a non-natural process of genetic engineering or some such thing... what I'm saying is maybe the red heifer won't come directly from God, but by some unnatural means.

If they knew their God and found their Messiah, I don't think they'd plan on building this Temple... They will find their Messiah and come to National repentance, but not until the very end of Tribulation.
                Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

I Believe that the third temple gets built as a result of the 7 year peace treaty. We will see. The anti christ has to have a temple to enter and desecrate , this we know from scripture.

Comment

Working...
                  X