Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question of timing for the last generation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon!!!
    Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

I was thinking about this post today, I started reading it when it was first posted.
      I really think we are close just by seeing everything that is going on. I can tell ya first hand people are mean and hateful and selfish. Even simple things such as manners and a general respect for people overall are totally lacking. I've been a waitress for over 20 years and I have seen how mean people have become. It breaks my heart.

I was also thinking about the 3rd temple. I don't think we will be here to see it be built, but I wish we could see it.

Also, I was thinking about how it would totally bring America to her knees if Jesus came back today. Not only would it be the christians of the general population gone, but the majority of our federal government.

Comment

Stacy, I so agree with you........... we are watching love leave this earth daily and hate and venom filling that void! I have never seen anything like it! Not only in general public, but among families and friends, and even churches! And, it breaks my heart, too.

I don't know how many of our politicians are born again believers............ I know there are some. But, just consider how life is going to be affected with our leaving. We won't be paying taxes anymore, nor spending to drive the economy, so our government will REALLY be in trouble financially. Many wonderful Christians will no longer fill the jobs of nurses, doctors, social workers, teachers, judges, police and military...........can you imagine those roles being filled by hateful, lost people??? Banks will be crashing, too, I think. It is going to be so "beyond ugly" it won't even be funny. On top of all that, wars and natural disasters, and the man of perdition taking the stage ........... a very. very bad time for those left behind.

Comment

Kathy- your comment on the USA losing revenue because of lost taxes from those who are raptured- I wonder if the government will enact laws to seize the assets of those that are 'missing'?

Comment

Ready or not- Iím guessing they will. Obama signed an EO where in a crisis situation that can take over anyoneís land water and farms. Iím guessing there is some kind of legal loophole for the raptured too. I donít remember the details of it but I remember reading the whole thing.

Comment

I know that legally, without a physical body, a death certificate cannot be issued. There is a seven-year waiting period before someone can be determined to be dead without a body being found. By the time a certificate could be issued in that case, the world would be well into the tribulation period, or it could possibly be ended. And, at the end of those seven years, anyway, the court dockets would be filled with requests for hearings to obtain any property or settle any wills or trusts....estates of those raptured. Now, whether the government could do a grab is another issue altogether...........possibly.

Comment

Earlier this week, I viewed Amir's talk that he gave in Tennessee on YouTube. The video is called, 'Calm Before the Storm', and I recommend everyone to view it.
                sigpic
                -Lynn

Comment

Madcat, Amir 's mentioning of the many Christians in the administration got me thinking that the Rapture occurring during this admin would be a lot more devastating than during the previous one.
                  I can also say that from my time online, a LOT of people will be very happy to see us gone.

Praying for the fullness of the Gentiles to be attained very soon.​​​​​

Comment

To the original posters question I tend to think their are at least 3 possible interpretations of the Matthew 24:34 "generation".

1) If Jesus is talking about his 2nd coming (the rapture) then all 3 of your markers you mention could be valid. Some date setters focus on these.
                    2) If Jesus is talking about his 3rd coming (post tribulation) then the time is known to everyone on the earth from the midpoint of the tribulation. (abomination of desolation)
                    3) Or the Greek root word for the English word "generation" could also mean "race" Jesus might have just been referring to the the Jewish Race (Nation) and not a specific time period.

I tend to go with #2 above, but leave room to be corrected. Time will tell.
                    Rev 5:12 "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing."

Comment

Originally posted by chiliast View Post
                      Matthew 24:32Ė-35: "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is nearóat the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away."

I understand "all these things" to be all the things that Jesus had just listed in Matthew 24, namely, the events of the Tribulation itself, including the abomination of desolation (verse 15), etc. Therefore, I believe His point was that the generation that sees all the events of the Tribulation will also see the end of the Tribulation, and Christ's second coming.
                      This is how I understand it as well.

Comment

Just checking to see if I'm able to post in any thread... perhaps it's just the other thread I can't post in??

Comment

Originally posted by acceptedintheBeloved View Post
                          Just checking to see if I'm able to post in any thread... perhaps it's just the other thread I can't post in??

Our Bulletin Board is buggy...
                          Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post

Our Bulletin Board is buggy...
                            Thank you, Tall Timbers. That's too bad.

I thought it might be my computer I'll go back to reading lol

Thanks!

Comment

I tend to lean towards #1. The U.N.'s stated goal is to have world government by 2030. I don't think russia will retreat from syria. I believe the spoil and hook in jaw will be the massive gas finds(Leviathan etc) that Israel is bringing online, and will be available to E.U soon. Iran, Turkey and Russia are aligned. The coming third temple is just waiting for the go ahead. The temple institute has been preparing the last 30 yrs. I believe the next 10 yrs will be very interesting. I can hear the trumpets sounding!

Comment

Working...
                              X