Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question of timing for the last generation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question of timing for the last generation.

I've got a question I'd like to get some opinions on.

It's about timing. The last days timing, knowing the season of his return in particular.

I'm curious, I have for years been looking forward to Christ returning because of the rebirth of the nation of Israel. The prophecy of the Fig tree and all of that. However, someone asked this question of me.... they're a believer as well, just sayin... The question is, do we consider how close we are from when Israel became a nation or from when Israel regained control of Jerusalem? And even beyond that, should we start considering how close we are from the day when there is a temple built (this last choice I'm more apt to disregard).

1) It's been 70 years since they became a nation.
    2) It's been about 50 years since they retook Jerusalem.
    3) There still is no Jewish Temple on the temple mount.

If the generation that sees this shall not pass away until all is completed, which do we look at?
    If it is #1, then anytime within the next couple of decades I would guess.
    If it's #2, then anytime within the next 40 years (please Jesus, I hope it's not that far away).
    If it's #3, then the clock hasn't even started ticking (I don't believe it's this one).

Anyway, I'd like peoples opinions on when you all think the end time clock (for the season, not a day or hour prediction) started ticking for the final generation and your rational as to why.

Personally I think we have to seriously take option #1. But these other two picks were asked of me before, and I've pondered them from time to time.

Thanks much!
    Romans 8:28 <--- Favorite Verse, that brought me a lot of peace over the years.

I'm looking at #1. Amir is saying that Iran's, Russia's, and Turkey's economies are in shambles............ they are amassed in Syria on Israel's borders. They desperately need the "spoil" from Israel to right their own countries' economies. Jerusalem finally has the name of Israel's capitol in the world's eyes, causing quite a commotion. I don't think things will stay calm in the area for years............ end-time prophecy is in our faces in the middle east.

Comment

Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
      I'm looking at #1. Amir is saying that Iran's, Russia's, and Turkey's economies are in shambles............ they are amassed in Syria on Israel's borders. They desperately need the "spoil" from Israel to right their own countries' economies. Jerusalem finally has the name of Israel's capitol in the world's eyes, causing quite a commotion. I don't think things will stay calm in the area for years............ end-time prophecy is in our faces in the middle east.
      That's the way that I go.... #1 and for the same reasons. Something has to go *POP!* soon.
      Romans 8:28 <--- Favorite Verse, that brought me a lot of peace over the years.

Comment

Matthew 24:32–-35: "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away."

I understand "all these things" to be all the things that Jesus had just listed in Matthew 24, namely, the events of the Tribulation itself, including the abomination of desolation (verse 15), etc. Therefore, I believe His point was that the generation that sees all the events of the Tribulation will also see the end of the Tribulation, and Christ's second coming.
        If the plain sense makes good sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Scilent View Post
          I've got a question I'd like to get some opinions on.

It's about timing. The last days timing, knowing the season of his return in particular.

I'm curious, I have for years been looking forward to Christ returning because of the rebirth of the nation of Israel. The prophecy of the Fig tree and all of that. However, someone asked this question of me.... they're a believer as well, just sayin... The question is, do we consider how close we are from when Israel became a nation or from when Israel regained control of Jerusalem? And even beyond that, should we start considering how close we are from the day when there is a temple built (this last choice I'm more apt to disregard).

1) It's been 70 years since they became a nation.
          2) It's been about 50 years since they retook Jerusalem.
          3) There still is no Jewish Temple on the temple mount.

If the generation that sees this shall not pass away until all is completed, which do we look at?
          If it is #1, then anytime within the next couple of decades I would guess.
          If it's #2, then anytime within the next 40 years (please Jesus, I hope it's not that far away).
          If it's #3, then the clock hasn't even started ticking (I don't believe it's this one).

Anyway, I'd like peoples opinions on when you all think the end time clock (for the season, not a day or hour prediction) started ticking for the final generation and your rational as to why.

Personally I think we have to seriously take option #1. But these other two picks were asked of me before, and I've pondered them from time to time.

Thanks much!
          I agree with #1, too. Unless I get tied up, Amir Tsarfati will be at a Grace Chapel a few miles from me tomorrow night, and I plan to go. I'll take notes and let you know how he sees things lining up. He will only be teaching for 90 minutes, so an abbreviated session, but sure to be packed with information.

Comment

Can't wait to hear what he has to say.............do update us!

Comment

If the rapture is an any moment event, the end time clock is a moot question, as the rapture may happen today or a ways down the road.

Comment

#1 and reading the Psalm that puts this question into context,

King James Bible Psalm 90:10
                The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Comment

Yes, i always link that verse, too..............

Comment

Thank you for saying so Kathy, and if you want to take that verse to the full meaning of which it implies, 80 years minus the 7 for the tribulation leaves 73. Only 3 years left to what Jesus said concerning the generation that would not pass away, till all the things prior to that being described as the trib period being fulfilled. That is the literal interpretation as I take it.

29 He told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30 When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

32 “Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Jesus went beyond the church age and the message that will be preached is the Kingdom of God is near, the message that was being preached at Jesus 1st coming to the Jews but rejected, as Jesus was.

Jesus’ Sorrow for Jerusalem

31 At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him, “Leave this place and go somewhere else. Herod wants to kill you.”

32 He replied, “Go tell that fox, ‘I will keep on driving out demons and healing people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.’ 33 In any case, I must press on today and tomorrow and the next day—for surely no prophet can die outside Jerusalem!

34 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 35 Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’[b]

The full context,
                    The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times

5 Some of his disciples were remarking about how the temple was adorned with beautiful stones and with gifts dedicated to God. But Jesus said, 6 “As for what you see here, the time will come when not one stone will be left on another; every one of them will be thrown down.”

7 “Teacher,” they asked, “when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are about to take place?”

8 He replied: “Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them. 9 When you hear of wars and uprisings, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away.”

10 Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

12 “But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you. They will hand you over to synagogues and put you in prison, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name. 13 And so you will bear testimony to me. 14 But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. 15 For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict. 16 You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers and sisters, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death. 17 Everyone will hate you because of me. 18 But not a hair of your head will perish. 19 Stand firm, and you will win life.

20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. 22 For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. 23 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24 They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

29 He told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30 When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

32 “Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

34 “Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap. 35 For it will come on all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.”

37 Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple, and each evening he went out to spend the night on the hill called the Mount of Olives, 38 and all the people came early in the morning to hear him at the temple.

Comment

I believe it is #1. I concur with the many that the AC will bring about the agreement that will build the new Temple and we will not be here to see that, praise God! I also don't believe that we will be here for the tribulation, Jesus told us not to fear so I won't. He saved Noah and family from the flood, He saved Lot and family-1 from the destruction, I believe the rapture is our saving before the wrath of God. I do believe in the generation being 70-80 years but I'm praying that instead of years we have only nano-seconds left be

Sorry this person's entry has been terminated due to session timeout. If you wish to contact the writer please refer your comments to God as we believe he has been

Comment

Ahhhhha............. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Comment

Good one, had me going there for a millisecond
                          John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
                            Can't wait to hear what he has to say.............do update us!
                            There is a video on his website titled "The Coming Storm". After listening to his delivery, it's the same talking points as that video. But he did talk about the first few days of this week, and how the economy of Russia, Iran, and Turkey are hemorrhaging due to the dollar becoming stronger. He named about 10 major companies who have pulled out of Iran due to Trump's strengthening of our economy, and that it's probably a short time until that can't "allow" Israel to prosper.He also said we are living right now in the age of "peace and security", especially Israel with Egypt, and some other surrounding ME countries. It's only the Ezekiel 38 nations who are ready to attack them to get their oil/gas, since they can't sell, or produce their own.
                            On a few more close-to-home issues, he had some interesting views. He had just met Trump a few days earlier, and said he knows for sure Trump prayed for salvation, and he feels he is a very baby Christian, but to look at the things he stands for that are "right". He noted his cabinet is full of believers, and in spite of his brashness, he hopes his prayers were sincere.
                            So he thinks we are close to war breaking out, with everything being set for Ezekiel 38. And that the 2 logical reasons we can't help them is that we are paralyzed when millions disappear in the rapture, including many in the current adm. in D.C., and/or our own crippling natural disaster.
                            He did mention that in the last 2 weeks, the US has officially recognized that Israel has sovereignty over the Golan Heights - really ticking off the arabs.
                            He talked about Israeli advances in science, medicine, and technology and Israel is the most prosperous they have ever been.
                            One sad thing someone asked was about Bibi professing Christianity, and he said unequivocally he has not at this point.
                            He is just SO dynamic in person, much different than his short updates,
                            Just very thought-provoking insights.

Comment

Thank you so much, madcat! Yes, that is pretty much what I had gotten from Arie's broadcasts. Except for the fact that Trump has accepted the Lord..........I pray he was sincere in that decision. We just have to pray even harder for Bibi to do the same.............

Comment

Working...
                              X