Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Church during the Millennium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church during the Millennium

Hello. Where will the Church be during the Millennium, on earth or in heaven?

New Jerusalem.
    sigpic
    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

I always thought that we would be back here on Earth with Christ, ruling and reigning with Him. Though I don't see why we wouldn't/couldn't be traveling freely from earth to the New Jerusalem... back and forth.
      Romans 8:28 <--- Favorite Verse, that brought me a lot of peace over the years.

Comment

Isn't the New Jerusalem after the Millennium? I was wondering where is the Church during the Millennium?
        Last edited by Intheair; May 22nd, 2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
          New Jerusalem.
          And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
          (Rev 21:1-2)

So I asked , "Where will the Church be during the Millennium, on earth or in heaven?".
          It appears the New Jerusalem descends after the Millennium. Are you saying we will be in the New Jerusalem during the Millennium?
          This is not a challenging question but one I sincerely like to know what others have to say about it especially from Scripture. I have never given it that much thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Intheair View Post

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

So I asked , "Where will the Church be during the Millennium, on earth or in heaven?".
            It appears the New Jerusalem descends after the Millennium. Are you saying we will be in the New Jerusalem during the Millennium?
            This is not a challenging question but one I sincerely like to know what others have to say about it especially from Scripture. I have never given it that much thought.
            New Jerusalem will descend out of Heaven and hover above the planet during the Millennium.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bib...lem-new-earth/
            sigpic

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

New Jerusalem will descend out of Heaven and hover above the planet during the Millennium.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bib...lem-new-earth/
              What is confusing is that in the below passage it (the descent of the N.J.) sounds as if it happens after there is a new heaven and new earth, wouldn't that all be after the Millennium and 2Pet 3:10

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
              (2Pe 3:10)

Comment

What is confusing is that in the below passage it (the descent of the N.J.) sounds as if it happens after there is a new heaven and new earth, wouldn't that all be after the Millennium and 2Pet 3:10

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
                (2Pe 3:10)

After the 2nd coming, Jesus will restore Earth to an Eden like condition. After the millennium, eternity begins and we're not told what that will be like.
                sigpic

Comment

After the 2nd coming, Jesus will restore Earth to an Eden like condition. After the millennium, eternity begins and we're not told what that will be like.
                  So you hold that 2 Pet 3:10 happens when Jesus returns and restores earth to an Eden like condition? Or when?

Comment

So you hold that 2 Pet 3:10 happens when Jesus returns and restores earth to an Eden like condition? Or when?
                    Yes. Also see Matt 19:28
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes. Also see Matt 19:28
                      Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Mat 19:28)

I'm under the conviction that 'new world' means 'Messianic age' thus the Millennium during the 1000 year reign of Christ. But anyways thank you.

Comment

Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Mat 19:28)

I'm under the conviction that 'new world' means 'Messianic age' thus the Millennium during the 1000 year reign of Christ. But anyways thank you.
                        Sounds like you've got it. The millennium will begin with a restored earth. After the 1000 years and the final battle between good and evil, eternity will be ushered in without corruption of any kind.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you've got it. The millennium will begin with a restored earth. After the 1000 years and the final battle between good and evil, eternity will be ushered in without corruption of any kind.
                          Do you agree with this timeline? If not where do you differ?

Rapture -->Judgment of the Sheep and Goats-->Millennium (Christ's 1000 year rule on earth-->satan loosed/destroyed-->White Throne Judgment-->New Heavens new earth--> heavenly Jerusalem descends.

Comment

Working...
                          X