Peace and Safety--North Korea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace and Safety--North Korea

NEWS THIS MORNING FROM SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in embraced after pledging on Friday to work for the “complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula,” punctuating a day of smiles and handshakes at the first inter-Korean summit in more than a decade.

The two Koreas announced they would work with the United States and China this year to declare an official end to the 1950s Korean war and seek an agreement to establish “permanent” and “solid” peace in its place.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1HX2I6
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    do we figure this is another step towards : While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.1 Thessalonians 5:3. I am so ready to be home and free of this immortal fray of a crazy, sick world. Maranatha
    Last edited by Tall Timbers; April 27th, 2018, 09:12 AM. Reason: Added source link

I dont know why this isnt adding up for me. Just months ago threatening nuclear war on the US to now appearing to be a choir boy. Some are pointing to the destruction of his underground bunker as a reason. Thats possible. But i have a hard time believing he had such a quick change of heart. Just doesn't pass the smell test to me.

Comment

Bullys are cowards... we don't know what Trump told Kim Jong Un on a secure line, but I suspect he believes his days are numbered if he doesn't make nice. China is upset at Kim Jong Un as well due to the collapsed mountains and danger of radiation leaks to the region. Speak softly and carry a big stick isn't quite Trump's approach, but his approach appears to be working. For myself, I'll just watch it unfold and see what comes of this.
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Agreed, should be fascinating!

Comment

I know we're living in the last days, wars and rumors of wars, etc, but remember the same Book also informs us in the words of Jesus, that "blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called Children of God."
          And maybe this is part of the consolidation of the Kings of the East, which I think can only happen if the US military presence in the region is greatly reduced fro m its present levels.
          Anyway, German reunification seems like ancient history now yet North and South Korea have been on the brink of war in the recent past. So I do not grudge the Korean people their desire to see their country reunified one more. I'd say it's long overdue.

Comment

I believe the collapse of that mountain from the nuke tests had something to do with his wanting to "make nice" I also think he is a psychopath and they don't usually do anything without a personal gain
            I honestly hope Kim Jong Un's recent change of mind is for real but I tend to think something just isn't kosher....but.....time will tell.
            For the sake of the people inhabiting both countries I pray they can live in peace now

Comment

It makes your head spin does it not???? Just earlier this year it looked like we would be at war with North Korea and now this!!!! The ways of Trump are very interesting...Charles Krauthammer is back!!! And he just wrote an editorial about Trump---he was vehemently against Trump before....then was taken out due to prolonged illness...and now is back with an editorial essentially singing Trumps praised. Krauthammer said Trump is neither democrat nor republican...that he is a Pragmatist...that pragmatists solve problems and that is what he is doing on the world stage. It was a very interesting editorial.

Comment

I still would not trust Kim Jong Un for anything.
                Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

Working...
                X