The Rapture is coming: Believe it or not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chaser View Post
    I know this post is not associated to the topic at hand, just want to let Tall Timbers know I am having an issue with the site. The topic is in bold and states " The Rapture is coming: Believe it or not" under the title it shows 180 views and for posts it says 0. I have this on a couple other topics as well, am I the only user with this issue?
    No... When the software upgrade occurred it came with many, many bugs. I think someone is supposed to be making it right but there doesn't seem to be any movement insofar as repairs to the bugginess. Every bug you run into, every one else does too. Some of the bugs seem quite random. I'll not see a specific bug for a week and then I'll have a bug pop back up that tells me my post wouldn't take for some reason and then when I try to post it again I get a message saying it's a duplicate post. That it only happens sometimes seems illogical... and code is supposed to follow logic.

Anyway, hopefully the problems are being addressed and hopefully whomever is addressing them will eventually find fixes so our site will run smoothly again.

...it's probably the Ruskies...
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Ok Tall, right now my screen shows this thread has 481 views and 0 posts before I enter into the room to read or chat, does your page show the same or different read out ?
      John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Although Jesusí Second Coming has always been imminent, there is a difference today. Israel has been reborn!

I agree with the author that the generation will not pass till all be fulfilled, what im not sure i agree with is the timing of the generation . Yes Israel was reborn in May, 1948, but they did not reclaim Jerusalem and the temple mount until June, 1967. And since Jerusalem is a focal point in prophecy, did this generational time clock start ticking in 1948 or 1967? I get very skeptical when people try to put a number or a year to the return of Christ even when they deny date setting, the only real timeline we have to go by is the words of Christ himself, " when you see these things BEGIN to take place, look up and lift up your heads for your redemption draws nigh" Just like the 10 virgins, we know the master is coming, he is on his way, thats not negotiable, we know its going to happen, but be patient and take care of your business while you wait, because the timing is in his hands and he knows the perfect time to make his appearance.

Comment

Ok Tall, right now my screen shows this thread has 481 views and 0 posts before I enter into the room to read or chat, does your page show the same or different read out ?
          At the moment, mine shows 795 views and 0 responses.
          Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post

At the moment, mine shows 795 views and 0 responses.
            John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Originally posted by mdulik View Post
              Although Jesusí Second Coming has always been imminent, there is a difference today. Israel has been reborn!

I agree with the author that the generation will not pass till all be fulfilled, what im not sure i agree with is the timing of the generation . Yes Israel was reborn in May, 1948, but they did not reclaim Jerusalem and the temple mount until June, 1967. And since Jerusalem is a focal point in prophecy, did this generational time clock start ticking in 1948 or 1967? I get very skeptical when people try to put a number or a year to the return of Christ even when they deny date setting, the only real timeline we have to go by is the words of Christ himself, " when you see these things BEGIN to take place, look up and lift up your heads for your redemption draws nigh" Just like the 10 virgins, we know the master is coming, he is on his way, thats not negotiable, we know its going to happen, but be patient and take care of your business while you wait, because the timing is in his hands and he knows the perfect time to make his appearance.

I could understand the point of Jerusalem being a focal point in prophecy and it is, but whom does the fig tree represent?
              Referenced is Hosea 9:10 When I saw your fathers, it was like seeing the early fruit on the fig tree. Were not the early fruit Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the later fruit Saul, David and Solomon?
              It was interesting that Jesus, when hungry, looked for food on a fig tree, Mark 11:12-14: And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. and his disciples heard it.

The time for fruit was not "yet" when the nation of Israel rejected Jesus at his first coming, but the fruit that Jesus is looking for will come, now that the tree is again bearing leaves, the fruit that Jesus is looking for will come, especially when when this passage is fullfilled in Zechariah 12

Zechariah 12 King James Version (KJV)

12 The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
              2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
              3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.
              4 In that day, saith the Lord, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.
              5 And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the Lord of hosts their God.
              6 In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.
              7 The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
              8 In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them.
              9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
              10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
              11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
              12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
              13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;
              14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

King James Version (KJV)Public Domain

Comment

I have never come here and speculated about 'timing' other than "close".
                Always figured even ten years was like a sweep of the second hand, and that
                is what I try to communicate to those who ponder these things with a skeptical
                view... Even a matter of decades translates into a figurative hour...And, the hour at hand!

Comment

Originally posted by sherrid View Post
                  Can't be soon enough! Come back quickly, Lord Jesus! We are ready!
                  Still waiting for His return at the Perfect time!! I love you Lord Jesus!!!

Comment

I was watching a study of Revelation the other night by Chuck Missler. Interesting that it is the one book that states "Blessed is he who reads, and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near." (Rev. 1:3) Our Lord says there is a blessing for understanding what is to come! If nothing else, that blessing could be that we know our Lord is in control, and we have nothing to fear when things get bad. So much for the many skeptics, and some churches who won't teach anything on prophecy because they don't feel it is important!

But I agree with Chuck's belief that chapters 2 & 3 are the most important in Revelation for us today, because it tells us God's view/opinion of the church, and of different believers. It is so important to constantly examine ourselves, so that we may be ready not only for the Rapture, but to be used by our Lord BEFORE His return. I read these chapters and re-examine my own actions, and where my heart is, so that I may strive to accomplish what God would have me accomplish in this life. When I read about the church of Laodicia, (the lukewarm church) and God says He will "vomit you out of My mouth"....FRIGHTENING. There are people who may go to church, who may THINK they are believers, but really are not. Not hot, not cold, and they need to repent.

Although we most likely have persecution of some sort ahead of us (why should we be any different than so many Christians down through the ages?), we all look forward to "the blessed Hope" of our Lord returning. But let's also stay vigilant, and not get weak or lazy. I want the Rapture to come, but I would love as many as possible to be ready with us!

Maranatha; Come Quickly Lord Jesus!
                    a Monarchist awaiting
                    "The Return of the King"

Comment

Which do you think is more likely? Pre-tribulation Rapture, Mid-tribulation Rapture, Or Post-tribulation Rapture?

Comment

Originally posted by sammgiii04 View Post
                        Which do you think is more likely? Pre-tribulation Rapture, Mid-tribulation Rapture, Or Post-tribulation Rapture?
                        Pre-Trib. I'm sure if you search here there are some long threads as to why this is so.

Comment

Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post

Pre-Trib. I'm sure if you search here there are some long threads as to why this is so.
                          Cool, I read a book saying that there was no pre-, or post-Tribulation rapture, but sometime during the tribulation...I mean Its a great book, but that's just something that confuses me... I think Pre Tribulation rapture is most likely

Comment

Originally posted by sammgiii04 View Post
                            Definitively Pre-Trib, we the church(we born again and sealed of the Spirit) are the bride he is coming for. Why would the bride get beat up in the trib? Anyone trusting only in Jesus for their salvation and nothing else, no works, they will be caught up to meet Him.

1Thess. 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
                            1Thess. 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
                            1Cor. 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Comment

Definitively Pre-Trib, we the church(we born again and sealed of the Spirit) are the bride he is coming for. Why would the bride get beat up in the trib? Anyone trusting only in Jesus for their salvation and nothing else, no works, they will be caught up to meet Him.

1Thess. 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
                              1Thess. 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
                              1Cor. 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
                              Good Point... That makes a lot more sense

Comment

God removed Noah and his family BEFORE the flood. He removed Lot and his family BEFORE the fire reigned down on Sodom and Gomorrah. I believe He will remove us before the tribulation arrives. Definitely pre-trib.

Comment

Working...
                                X