Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

The Tin Foil Hat Brigade :: By Pete Garcia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tin Foil Hat Brigade :: By Pete Garcia

You know who you are. You are the person other people tip toe around when it comes to discussing current events or religion. You are the person who can spend hours devouring scripture or news with equal vigor, pointing out ‘last days’ events to anyone who would listen to you. You are semi-shunned at church. You are disinvited from church socials, because you are just too intense and narrow-minded. You are called a ‘conspiracy theorist’ or a ‘Jesus Freak’ behind your back. You are always going on about the Lord’s return and that “Rapture thingy”. Admit it. You are one of them, one of those “prophecy nuts”.

Isn’t it ironic how that we live in the most prophetically active times since the days of Christ, and yet the world has somehow reached the pinnacle of its skepticism and cynicism? Now, I am not even talking about the unbelieving, Christ rejecting world. They have always been skeptical and mocking of our faith. But it would seem that the trend these days within the majority of professing Christendom, is to join in on the mocking of those who believe in a Pre-Tribulation Rapture and literal understanding of future events as laid out in the Bible.

When Christ walked the earth, the dominant world super-power at the time was Rome, and they worshipped the god’s such as Diana and Jupiter. Furthermore, Jesus Himself performed hundreds of miracles, the biggest of which was bringing Lazarus back from the dead, and then resurrecting Himself, after the most brutal, public, and painful death a person could have…being publically flogged, then nailed naked to a cross to suffocate to death. No faking that. And yet, the nation was not convinced.

Assessment

For the last 150 years, Christianity has spent a significant amount of time and energy trying to defend itself against secular science and academia. But by spending so much time and energy trying to quantify and validate our belief, we have in large part, neglected the supernatural aspect of our faith; primarily that we worship a God who exists outside of time and space. Even though our faith is not indefensible by any stretch of the imagination, we still believe in things that cannot be tested in a laboratory.
    • We believe in a human soul
    • We believe in a God who is one Being, yet expressed in three separate Persons
    • We believe in an afterlife.
    • We believe in Angels.
    • We believe in a Devil.
    • We believe that the Holy Spirit inspires God’s word.
    • We believe that God spoke the universe into existence.
    • We believe that God flooded the earth in a global flood, saving only eight people.
    • We believe that Moses parted the Red Sea.
    • We believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of the God-Man, Jesus Christ.
    • We believe that the Church age began at Pentecost when the Holy Spirit was given.

Yet, why do so many professing Christians find it ridiculous and hard to believe, that the Church age will also come to an end?

Instead, when we bring the idea up that Christ will soon return for His Church and we are relegated to the ‘tin-foil hat’ group who go around promoting conspiracies? Is Christ’s return for His Bride a conspiracy?

Read more at: http://www.raptureready.com/2018/02/...y-pete-garcia/

I for one, am joyously watching and waiting to be caught up, and if instead, I find myself in Heaven before the Rapture... will... I guess I won't have anything to complain about, now, will I?
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

GREAT post TT and so relative to the times were living in...
      Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Comment

Well I am a member of the tin foil brigade and proud of it.
        Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

Me, too!!!!!

Comment

Thanks TT - that was entertaining and insightful! Call me a (TFHB) Tin Foil Hat Brigade member.
            John 14:6
            Jesus answered, "I am the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one comes to the Father except through Me."

Comment

Working...
            X