We Are Summoning Up Demons :: By Jan Markell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post

I don't blame the kids. I blame our education system. Most of the kids that don't take honors/AP classes in High School don't seem to be getting an education... they're just getting babysat... at least that's how it appears in our school district.

You're right I think, even the ones that can do math probably can't make change because they've never had to.
    My grand daughter is in honors/AP classes, and even that level of study is scary because it is very liberal and also critical thinking is not taught. They are being brain-washed, I fear.
    Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Comment

Artificial Intelligence and the Coming Global Empire :: By Britt Gillette

A series of recent news stories has highlighted the massive advances made in the field of artificial intelligence (AI). Several of those focus on China’s Yitu Technologies, a company at the forefront of AI development. Yitu created a technology called Dragonfly. Dragonfly can search and analyze billions of photographs and locate a single person in a matter of seconds. Connected to cameras in the Shanghai Metro, it identified over 500 criminals in a three-month period. It’s so powerful it can recognize people wearing disguises. And it can identify people using pictures that are more than 30 years old.

Think of the power this gives the Chinese government. As Dragonfly connects to every camera in the nation, criminals will have nowhere to hide. Unfortunately, no one else will either. Chinese dissidents, political activists, ethnic minorities, Christians, and other “enemies of the state” will also have nowhere to hide. And it’s quite unlikely China will be the only state to take advantage of this technology.

The Rise of Big Brother

In George Orwell’s novel 1984, we’re first introduced to “Big Brother” – an omnipresent, all-powerful and “well-intentioned” totalitarian regime. The book’s hero, Winston Smith, lives in a world where every citizen is under 24/7 surveillance. Personal privacy doesn’t exist. Government controls every part of life. Monitors in Winston’s apartment spy on him when he’s home. Other devices spy on him when he’s not home. Hidden cameras and microphones capture his words, deeds, and even his facial expressions. His mail is opened, and “thought police” search for and arrest any citizens who dare to have thoughts or feelings outside of those sanctioned by Big Brother and the ruling elite.

Winston’s world is a place of absolute government control. No conversation, movement, or transaction goes unnoticed. The government is watching – always.

In the decades since Orwell first released 1984, people have marveled at what they see as great insight into our future. And they’re right to do so. Because 1984 is becoming our reality. And unfortunately, Yitu Technologies and Dragonfly are just a small part of what’s coming. Why do I say that? Because we’re only in the first stages of the AI revolution.

What’s Coming?

In the near future, technologies like Dragonfly will be commonplace. And the ability to see and hear everything will be even easier for government. Unfortunately, while most people object to this type of surveillance and invasion of privacy, their everyday actions bring it closer and closer to reality. How?

Read more at: http://www.raptureready.com/2018/02/...ritt-gillette/
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

I have said it before AI gives me the creeps, our only hope is Jesus, those "prepping" thinking they can survive a global meltdown, post rapture they won't have much of a chance to stay hidden yet alone survive. I pray every day the Lord comes for us soon, soon Lord Jesus.
        John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Call me a "tin-hatter" (can't find the emoji), but I have always wondered about this: When we, as citizens, were forced to go from rabbit ears and rooftop antennae on our roofs, and purchase t.v.s that used the new system of technology......... I have always thought perhaps there was something in those new t.v. units that could overhear and possibly see us in our homes. It truly wouldn't surprise me at all. Big Brother may already be on the scene, doing his job.......... gathering information on us.

Comment

Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
            Call me a "tin-hatter" (can't find the emoji), but I have always wondered about this: When we, as citizens, were forced to go from rabbit ears and rooftop antennae on our roofs, and purchase t.v.s that used the new system of technology......... I have always thought perhaps there was something in those new t.v. units that could overhear and possibly see us in our homes. It truly wouldn't surprise me at all. Big Brother may already be on the scene, doing his job.......... gathering information on us.
            You aren't the only one to suspect that. I had one of those boxes, mainly because our 'nice' government was giving away cards that allowed us to get one for "free". I noticed it was making a very quiet, high-pitched hum, even when it was turned off. I don't think it lasted a week in my house, I unplugged it and put it in the garage. I found out that I really didn't miss TV.
            "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
            always abounding in the work of the Lord;
            knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

Not tin-hatty at all now. It's been confirmed many modern TVs do in fact do that.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-cia...to-spy-on-you/
              http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-...spying-on-you/

Comment

Side note..last weekend I observed a sign at the local national guard armory that read...cyber warriors needed
                The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Comment

Let's not forget all those "free" Obamaphones: for those too poor to afford their own personal spying machine.

Comment

Until they make them as durable as the T-800 I say a few well-placed FMJ's or armor piercing rounds should fix that stuff...
                    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
                    Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
                    Psalm 91:7-8

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
                    Romans 8:31

Comment

Working...
                    X