We Are Summoning Up Demons :: By Jan Markell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Are Summoning Up Demons :: By Jan Markell

Late last year I started to become aware of a phenomenon known as “artificial intelligence” or “AI.”

The first troubling headline I saw stated, “Ex-Google Executive Anthony Levandowski is Founding a Church Where People Worship an Artificial Intelligence God.” The second headline read, “Why Humans Will Happily Follow a Robot Messiah.”
    I started watching videos online of robots who look human and who “think.” They answer questions and seem to process real thoughts. Developers of these robots say someday they will solve society’s problems. Such men also believe that it is possible for artificial intelligence to be a billion times smarter than humans. Try to process that!

Various leaders in the field of “AI” have made some of the following statements:
    • “The human era could be ending and machines will take over.”
    • “He who develops AI rules the world. We aren’t going to be able to control it.”
    • “We are summoning up demons.”
    • “We are playing with fire.”
    • “This is one of the dumbest things we can do.”
    • “Soon robots will walk among us. They will play with us, teach us, and they will truly be our friends.”
    • “AI will be smarter than humans and will become a god.”
    • “AI could become the worst event in the history of civilization.”
    • “In the end, the machines will win.”
    Maybe this new religion isn’t the promise of paradise after all. Some promoting AI are evangelists and some of them offer a new Promised Land. But some of the very movers
    and shakers of the artificial intelligence industry are sounding serious warnings.

http://www.raptureready.com/2018/01/...s-jan-markell/

This might fit nicely into another thread that I couldn't find so I'm posting it here until I bump into the thread I'm thinking of and can then move it. In addition to this article you can find parts 1 and 2 audio broadcasts on the topic at Olive Tree MInistries.

Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

This is a very creepy subject for me, so I often don't read articles on the subject, but Jan Markel does such a great job that I will probably listen to the broadcast.
    I have wondered for some time if AI could explain the remarkable prophecy about those in the Tribulation worshiping the "image of the Beast?"

Comment

Welcome to "Future Shock"...... Alvin Toffler 1970.

Comment

Your way behind >> Ghost in the Machine >> By the pop rock group>>The Police<< Enjoy

Comment

Oh yeah... Good one, this also had "Too Much Information" & "Spirits in the Material World"... Sting could never match this stuff....

Comment

This album was about 1982 and it was a black cover with red digital 666 MMM Al already and now its just coming out ??
            They say what they let out or talk about is 30 years behind of where they really are {Human Hybrids walking this earth} I think so. As in the days of Noah. Enjoy

Comment

Very creepy, and do not understand how people can get so taken in with this stuff.
              Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

They are all Luciferians , Just like in world war 2 the Nazis where heavy into the occult and they have very sophisticated weapons way ahead of anyone else at the end of the war. They where asked the Question at the end of the war how did you figure all this out and you know what they said!!>>> Its not that we where smarter then you but we had help<<<>>> food for thought. Enjoy

Comment

AI: The Serpent’s Deception Revisited? :: By Ronda Lane

This article may not be of interest to some. In fact, many may wonder why it’s even being written about here. After all, it may have nothing to do with scripture. Then again, it MAY. It’s not my intent to force-feed a conclusion; I will leave that to the discernment of each individual reader to come up with their own conclusions.

AI, nano-technology, micro-processors, AGI, singularity, and many other terms are things we likely don’t think about on a daily basis. We may not be aware of the desires and beliefs of those who excel in these fields, and the reason why they are so driven to push the AI agenda on the world so quickly.

Some may think it’s merely profit… a race to the ‘top’ for who can be first to excel and produce these products for consumers, be it households, individuals, corporations, or military consumption. And for a few of those producing these things, that may play a part of it. But the majority of those who are skilled and accomplished in the field of AI (and all things related) have a far more nefarious desire to see it come to fruition. It’s not even the money (or fame) that they desire; it’s something even worse. They want to be ‘gods’. We’ll delve into that shortly.

The fact that computer technology has pervaded society so thoroughly is something that cannot be overlooked. When we think of how much computers have changed our lives in just a few short decades, we realize how quickly and indelibly computers have changed the landscape of society, and continue to do so.

Back in my college years (late 1980’s), mainframe computers were bulky and took up several rooms just to house in carefully controlled temperatures. The programming we used was done in BASIC and COBOL syntax structures. Commands were fed to the computers in those computer languages, and flowcharts were mapped out on paper.

Back then, it was difficult to contemplate just how pervasive computer technology would become. Most had no real idea of how quickly computers would change society and businesses. No longer would ‘Mom-n-Pop’ stores be able to tally up an order by hand and write out a receipt. No longer would cashiers use cash registers which manually rang up each item. Things have changed so much in the last few decades!

Today? Most phones have more processing power than the largest super-computer of the 1980’s [*a]. Technology is advancing far quicker than most people imagined possible. That trend isn’t slowing down. In the future? Some very eerie and frightening things are on the near horizon. Worse? What those who are developing these things today desire to bring about.

http://www.raptureready.com/2018/02/...ed-ronda-lane/

This is an interesting article on AI. The field of AI is moving so rapidly and AI functionality is beginning to be incorporated into so many things already that we've already entered into the age of AI. Given the day that we live in, AI will likely become an incredible force virtually overnight. Thus, it seems that the Church, the Body of Christ can't remain here much longer as the end it very near.

Watching and listening to the video embedded in the article, source *f, is disturbing to me to say the least.

It seems that if AI is being programmed with ideology, it is the ideology of the liberal globalist...

3 trees

Comment

Just a little side note (memory) in relation to the cash registers - in my late teens (80s) I was a cash register girl at a Sav-A-Lot grocery store and we had to use our internal computers (minds) to memorize all of the food prices!
                    John 14:6
                    Jesus answered, "I am the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one comes to the Father except through Me."

Comment

With regards to nanotechnology...alot of research into inserting drugs into our body so it directly targets certain organs using nanotechnology...like in cancer...gives me the shudders just thinking about all those little nanobots running around in someones body.

Comment

Originally posted by Trust&amp;Obey View Post
                        Just a little side note (memory) in relation to the cash registers - in my late teens (80s) I was a cash register girl at a Sav-A-Lot grocery store and we had to use our internal computers (minds) to memorize all of the food prices!
                        You mean you actually had to figure and return the correct amount of change each customer had coming?

I wonder if most young people could make change today.

3 trees

Comment

Oh, yes! My husband when the amount is $1.05 will give them say $10.05, and they look at him funny. Sometimes they even tell him they don't need that nickel.
                          John 14:6
                          Jesus answered, "I am the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one comes to the Father except through Me."

Comment

To be fair, they have trouble with it because they have never had to do it. The register tells them how much to give back. I bet most would learn pretty quickly.
                            And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
                            Romans 11:6

Comment

Originally posted by DMac View Post
                              To be fair, they have trouble with it because they have never had to do it. The register tells them how much to give back. I bet most would learn pretty quickly.
                              I don't blame the kids. I blame our education system. Most of the kids that don't take honors/AP classes in High School don't seem to be getting an education... they're just getting babysat... at least that's how it appears in our school district.

You're right I think, even the ones that can do math probably can't make change because they've never had to.

3 trees

Comment

Working...
                              X