Who Is Thyatira?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Is Thyatira?

And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

This Is very Intro To me it is said it will GO THROUGH JACOBS TROUBLE ?? so non will be RAPTURED!~ So Who is She ? Is This Mystery Babylon?>Your Thoughts

Thyatira was a port city where Paul and two other disciples went to spread the gospel. Lydia lived there, and was of Asian descent. She created and sold wonderful fabrics, and was wealthy and very popular. She would go down to the water in the town and sit with the Jewish women who met together to talk about God to listen to them. (There were not enough Jewish men in the city to fulfill a minion of ten, so they did not meet to worship. Interesting). Anyway, God opened her heart and ears and mind to his truths, and after hearing what Paul had to say, He drew her to belief in Him. She, then, the same day, was baptized - she and her household. She let Paul and the entourage with him stay at her house for quite a while as they preached in the area, and many came to the Lord. She actually was the source of the gospel going up into Europe.......... and, it spread beyond measure there for centuries. I am sure she is not the "jezebel" mentioned, but modern-day Europe is not a stronghold for the faith anymore, and I am sure God is not happy with them............so the reference could be being made to the European church there.

Comment

As I believe this is one of the modern day churches that are here and with us today! In revelations it talks about the churches that will be here with us at the end of Grace! and as I read this church will be the building blocks of Whore religion after the rapture! Its seems to be connected to a wicked women , MMM there is another wicked women that the end times talks about > With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
      To me there are no idle words in the bible and I do not believe in coincidences in the bible at all! So what modern denominational church can we think of that has a women that seems to be at the forefront of their belief?? there can be only one> The Roman Catholic Church with {MARY WORSHIP} just food for thought Enjoy

Comment

Yes........... I believe as you do about this.

Comment

This thread is not showing the added comments from the opening post.............it says 0 responses. And, the date of responses are not showing. Can this be corrected so others will come to this and share their thoughts???

ETA: I'm checking out the other threads, too.............the posts are there on all of them, but it is not registering the number of comments or the last person to respond, or the latest date of response. It needs looking into - something is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
            This thread is not showing the added comments from the opening post.............it says 0 responses. And, the date of responses are not showing. Can this be corrected so others will come to this and share their thoughts???
            That's a common problem since the software update. Hopefully that bug and others will get resolved. It is helpful to see that there are responses to a thread...
            Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Working...
            X