Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Biblical Argument for the Rebuilding of Babylon *Merged*

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So litera; Babylon has to be re-built? How long might that take?
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

    4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by twisty58 View Post
      So litera; Babylon has to be re-built? How long might that take?
      Not nearly as long as one might imagine. The city is already rebuilt to a large degree thanks to Saddam Hussein.
      sigpic
      Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

      John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

      Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.


      Comment


      • Hard to see right now how it can come to prominence soon with the state of things going on in Iraq. Still not sure how it comes into prominence either when AC is from revived Roman empire. The rapture could cause a lot of this to change quickly I suppose. I still believe it must be inhabited again to fulfill some prophecies not yet fulfilled up to this time. Must the current state of Iraq be replaced for this to happen?
        Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
        Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
        Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ClarionCall View Post
          All,

          I just watched a video on NBC about the US giving $700,000 to help protect the original ruins of Babylon. Looking at this video, I see a conflict between our expectation of the rapture in the immediate future and the readiness of this site to serve as a capital of the NWO. Frankly, it is just ruins and would take many, many years to build anything close to what would be needed to actually run a world-wide government.

          So, are we wrong about Babylon being the actual physical location of the capital and should be looking for a figurative Babylon instead? Or, are we very wrong about the feeling many of us have that the rapture will be happening very, very soon?

          Thoughts?

          Here's the video: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...08272#30108272
          Actually, nothing has to be rebuilt and it is highly possible that it could become the capital at a moment's notice. I will try to post a video that I have that will confirm this. In 2006, then President George Bush had a new embassy building built in Babylon. This embassy was never put into use and is a self-enclosed city far larger than the entire vatican itself. Most people do not know of its existence. The way the prophecies are written in Revelation, it's likely the NWO will start out headquartered in Rome and then indeed switch to Babylon. Very interesting.

          Here is the video link address: www.msnbc.com/id/12319798/#.T6sfN1LvmRo

          Comment


          • I'm still on the fence about who Babylon actually is.

            < mod edit >
            Last edited by iSong6:3; October 28th, 2013, 04:55 AM. Reason: rules #6 & #13


            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Lucid View Post
              I'm still on the fence about who Babylon actually is.
              Jump the fence!



              Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
              Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
              Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

              Comment


              • The Word plainly teaches that Ancient Babylon, once destroyed, will never be rebuilt (Isaiah 13:19-22; Jeremiah 25:12). They were conquered in 539 BC and finally destroyed by the 1st century BC.

                Then you've got "Mystery Babylon", which is symbolic--a city that shares certain characteristics with Ancient Babylon. This city is clearly identified as Rome in Revelation 17:18.

                That means Rome finally gets hers during the Tribulation and, as with the original Babylon before it, will never be rebuilt (Revelation 17:16-18; 18:8,16-24; 19:1-3).

                Comment


                • Originally posted by PerfectJonny View Post
                  The Word plainly teaches that Ancient Babylon, once destroyed, will never be rebuilt (Isaiah 13:19-22; Jeremiah 25:12). They were conquered in 539 BC and finally destroyed by the 1st century BC.

                  Then you've got "Mystery Babylon", which is symbolic--a city that shares certain characteristics with Ancient Babylon. This city is clearly identified as Rome in Revelation 17:18.

                  That means Rome finally gets hers during the Tribulation and, as with the original Babylon before it, will never be rebuilt (Revelation 17:16-18; 18:8,16-24; 19:1-3).

                  Another thread you should read before posting to Jonny....

                  Babylon still exists to this day. No mystery - just a fact.
                  sigpic
                  Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

                  John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

                  Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.


                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
                    Another thread you should read before posting to Jonny....

                    Babylon still exists to this day. No mystery - just a fact.
                    Ancient Babylon exists in ruins to this day... and according to the Word, they will remain in ruins.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by PerfectJonny View Post
                      Ancient Babylon exists in ruins to this day... and according to the Word, they will remain in ruins.
                      No sir, Babylon is not in ruins. Saddam Hussein was well on his way to restoring the entire city before the Iraq War. The city is still being refurbished to this day. Please take my advice and read this thread before making assertions not grounded in fact.
                      sigpic
                      Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

                      John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

                      Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.


                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
                        No sir, Babylon is not in ruins. Saddam Hussein was well on his way to restoring the entire city before the Iraq War. The city is still being refurbished to this day. Please take my advice and read this thread before making assertions not grounded in fact.
                        Hussein tried... and look what happened to him.

                        Alexander the Great tried too. Didn't do him much good either.

                        Rest assured, anybody else over there attempting the same will not succeed.

                        I don't take God's Word so lightly... He said it won't be rebuilt through the likes of Isaiah and Jeremiah, then you can bet it won't be coming back:

                        "And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

                        It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

                        But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

                        And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged."
                        (Isaiah 13:19-22)

                        "And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the Lord, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations." (Jeremiah 12:25)

                        God said it, not me. Don't shoot the messenger, baby.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by PerfectJonny View Post
                          Hussein tried... and look what happened to him.

                          Alexander the Great tried too. Didn't do him much good either.

                          Rest assured, anybody else over there attempting the same will not succeed.

                          I don't take God's Word so lightly... He said it won't be rebuilt through the likes of Isaiah and Jeremiah, then you can bet it won't be coming back:

                          "And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

                          It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

                          But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

                          And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged."
                          (Isaiah 13:19-22)

                          "And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the Lord, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations." (Jeremiah 12:25)
                          The city is inhabited this very day. Construction is ongoing.

                          Originally posted by PerfectJonny View Post
                          God said it, not me. Don't shoot the messenger, baby.
                          You have misinterpreted what God has said. We will question your "message" as long as it continues to be erroneous.
                          sigpic
                          Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

                          John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

                          Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.


                          Comment


                          • The Destruction Of Babylon

                            Thursday, May 10th, 2012 Q. I am studying the book of Isaiah and am in Chapter 13. In the 20th verse Isaiah prophesied that Babylon will never be inhabited through all generations. This being the case, how can Mystery Babylon of Revelation 17 & 18 be the same city?
                            A. The destruction of Babylon, as foretold in Isaiah 13-14 and Jeremiah 50-51 has never happened in history. True, the city was conquered by both the Persians and the Greeks, but it was never destroyed in the way the prophets described. Both conquerors spared the city and used it as a regional capitol. Alexander the Great died there. And although the city eventually shrank to a shadow of its former self and was all but abandoned, it has been inhabited throughout the ages. This is what makes us believe that these prophecies foretell of a future event, the one John detailed in Rev. 18. After that it will never be inhabited again. http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...on-of-babylon/


                            Wasn’t Babylon Destroyed?

                            Monday, June 17th, 2013
                            Q. Thank you for your website. It is very helpful. I have a question about Jeremiah 25:11-12:
                            “This whole country will become a desolate wasteland, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years. But when the seventy years are fulfilled, I will punish the king of Babylon and his nation, the land of the Babylonians, for their guilt,” declares the LORD, “and will make it desolate forever.”
                            In your discussion about Babylon, you state that Babylon will be revived. Is that not contradictory to the above passage that states that Babylon will be desolate forever.
                            A. As it happens this is the one of the passages scholars use to defend the opinion that Babylon’s ultimate destruction is still in the future. At the end of the 70 year captivity Cyrus the Persian captured the city without a battle and Babylon was not nor has it ever been made desolate. 200 years later Alexander the Great made Babylon the seat of his empire’s government and died there.

                            Babylon became substantially smaller after Baghdad replaced it as the regional center of commerce, but it has always had a population of residents. Jeremiah 50-51 are devoted to Babylon’s destruction and a quick comparison with the city’s history confirms that his description of that event has not ever happened. It awaits a future fulfillment. http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...lon-destroyed/


                            More On The Destruction Of Babylon

                            Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 Q. Please help me to understand something about the future Babylon in Rev 18. 17-18 ; if Babylon is to be rebuilt on the plains of Shinar, then the phrase “And every ship master, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off” suggests a port city, a port by the sea in fact – how can this be? The plains of Shinar are nowhere close to the sea, or visible from the sea. What gives?
                            A. People who subscribe to the theory that the Babylon of Rev. 18 is meant to symbolize some other city often point to specific details like this to support their view. In doing so they rely on their human perception of what is or is not possible rather than trusting the Word of God.
                            While serving in the US Navy, I was stationed aboard the USS Independence. At the time it was the world’s largest aircraft carrier and our lookouts stood watch on a platform 9 stories above sea level. We considered their line of sight range to be about 20 miles. This was not considered to be “afar off” so their abilities were augmented by aircraft who were stationed several hundred miles ahead of us flying high enough to “see” several hundred more miles with their search radar and relay information back to the captain. In this way he could “see” things that were “afar off” and take appropriate action. These days we also have cell phones and satellite TV that make it possible for anyone to see almost anything from anywhere.
                            In addition, Rev. 18:18-19 says when these ship masters and sailors see the smoke of Babylon burning they’ll throw dust on their heads and cry out with weeping and mourning. If they can throw dust on their heads they must be on land, and if they’re on land they could be close enough to see from afar.
                            If you consider all the six chapters that the Bible devotes to the ultimate destruction of Babylon (Isaiah 13-14, Jeremiah 50-51 and Rev. 17-18) you’ll find there’s no Biblical reason to assume they refer to any place other than the actual city on the plains of Shinar. http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...on-of-babylon/
                            sigpic
                            Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

                            John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

                            Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.


                            Comment


                            • Chuck Missler has an interesting video on Babylon. Includes some on-site footage. Apprx. 14 minutes.


                              Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

                              "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
                              ______

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Tiger Lily View Post
                                Chuck Missler has an interesting video on Babylon. Includes some on-site footage. Apprx. 14 minutes.

                                Thanks for the link. It was interesting to see a visual of Babylon and goes well with J. Kelley's articles that Steve53 posted above.

                                I wonder if the rebuilding is continuing today and who is occupying that "palace" of Saddam Hussein.
                                1 CORINTHIANS 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

                                ROMANS 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
                                For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X