Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone hasn't read this article from pre-trib.org, read it! It is really good, and well researched!

http://www.pre-trib.org/articles/vie...ing-of-babylon

Comment

• Excellent. Thanks for the link!
      Regards,
      Kevin <><<

Comment

• I'm impressed with the Dubai pictures, but I'm still not certain Babylon will be where old babylon sat. I'm still dong my own research.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPFord View Post
          I'm impressed with the Dubai pictures, but I'm still not certain Babylon will be where old babylon sat. I'm still dong my own research.
          Babylon is still where Babylon "sat."
          sigpic
          Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

• After 25 pages, and 487 posts later, Babylon is still a mystery.

Lord I do enjoy a good mystery

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
              Babylon is still where Babylon "sat."
              Ancient Babylon does. I'm not sure the Babylon in Revelation is the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex View Post
                After 25 pages, and 487 posts later, Babylon is still a mystery.

Lord I do enjoy a good mystery
                Ironic, huh?

Originally posted by JPFord View Post
                Ancient Babylon does. I'm not sure the Babylon in Revelation is the same.
                Research?

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                After 25 pages, and 487 posts later, Babylon is still a mystery?

sigpic

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

• Mystery babylon not Iraq.

Originally posted by MrsBri View Post
                  Don't be discouraged because although it's the position of the board that mystery babylon & literal babylon are the same, there are many other good theories out there. Dave Hunt believes that Mystery Babylon is symbolic of the Roman Catholic Church & I think he puts up a very convincing, bible based arguement for that position! Check out the book "A Woman Rides the Beast" by Dave Hunt.

Remember too that in the Old Testament, the coming Messiah was described as "out of Egypt", "a Nazerene", born in Bethelhem. I can just imagine the scholars debating their theories about the orgin of the Messiah lol....and also what the Messiah would do when He arrived. Once the prophecies were fulfilled in Jesus Christ, those Old Testament prophecies became clear to those willing to see.

I strongly suspect the last days prophecies will be just like that...there are so many aspects which are unclear right now. The one certain thing is that the last days prophecies will occur...the exact who, where, what, when questions remain a mystery but at least we know the "why" answer
                  ( I do not believe that mystery babylon is modern day Iraq. Ancient babylon consisted of modern day Iraq, and Iran. Ezekeil 38 clearly state that Persia will march with Russia in the Gog Magog invasion. I believe that it is a religious, and political system that will be located in Rome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phillyguy View Post
                    ( I do not believe that mystery babylon is modern day Iraq. Ancient babylon consisted of modern day Iraq, and Iran. Ezekeil 38 clearly state that Persia will march with Russia in the Gog Magog invasion. I believe that it is a religious, and political system that will be located in Rome!
                    Originally posted by Alex View Post
                    After 25 pages, and 487 posts later, Babylon is still a mystery.
                    Yup, still a mystery....
                    sigpic

Comment

• It appears it will remain a mystery, lest in the discussion process we find ourselves in violation of parameters set forth, regardless we know it will not remain a mystery for long, the coming AntiChrist will see to that!

Comment

• By the way, all those wonderful skyscrapers depicted in Dubai, most of them are now under bankruptcy, they went in way over their heads, they are in deep financial debt! Look up Dubai financial crisis and you will see it for yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by WatchandPray View Post
                          By the way, all those wonderful skyscrapers depicted in Dubai, most of them are now under bankruptcy, they went in way over their heads, they are in deep financial debt!
                          What do the skyscrapers being in bankruptcy have to do with the rebuilding of Babylon? If anything the skyscrapers of Dubai are proof that barren desert can be transformed into an international city in a few years. The antichrist will have the world's capital to with as he pleases, so bankruptcy won't be an issue for him.

Comment

• It also proves that terrorism evidently is a profitable business for the Arabs with the Prince of Dubai's ties to Al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations! Obviously they have to launder their money somewhere!

Comment

• Originally posted by lightseeker* View Post
                              Doesn't "many waters" basically refer to pagan peoples, that is, gentiles and not actual water?

"And he said unto me, The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues."

I wasn't aware that Hal Lindsey didn't believe in rebuilding of Babylon.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
                              It could, but then what are the merchants and sailors sailing on when they pass by the great city hissing after her destruction? This likely does not occur on the Euphrates because it is barely a navigable river since only small boats can travel upon it as opposed to the huge supertankers and cargo ships required for extensive trade. Further, the Euphrates will dry up later on in the trib. so Babylon, the great city, would have to be destroyed prior to this event in order for the sailors to pass her by.

Hal Lindsey greatly popularized the "Babylon is Revived Rome/great city (physical) AND the Catholic Church is the whore (spiritual)" theory. I'd go so far as to call it his "baby."

Further, if the beast is the Anti-Christ and the whore of Babylon/great city is cast off his back and burned with fire, then why does the Anti-Christ destroy his own capital city? Maybe I have not read enough Fruch to understand this yet. But, I think it makes more sense to say that the Anti-Christ will destroy the whore/False Church when he sits in the Temple and demands that he himself be worshipped along with his image. Then, much later, Babylon the great city will be destroyed by either God or nuclear war.

The main point is that the rebuilding of Babylon would hold up the rapture and thus conflict with imminency, which is not acceptable. The great city doesn't necessarily have to be Rome, Italy, but it will need to be a huge, rich city that conducts most of the world's trade like Berlin, London, New York, or Paris. It will also need serious maritime access. A tourist destination in the desert that is purportedly built within seven years would not really fit the bill. Plus, unlike a certain crazy dictator, most muslims are not at all interested in rebuilding ancient pagan sites. They have their holy cities, and they will likely continue to stick to those. That aside, Babylon is described as a mystery so who can really know. Also, the prophecy that historical Babylon would be destroyed and never inhabited again has been fulfilled unless you count the occassional bedouin goat herder. (Most of these arguments are from Hindson).

In closing, I'm perfectly willing to recognize that there has been and will continue to be a schism in the Bible Prophecy community if not simply because new ideas on this issue are fascinating. I also think many people are uncomfortable with placing the Babylon "bullseye" on anything assocosiated with the West because that hits pretty close to home.

Comment

• Folks don't discount for a moment that Babylon won't rise up in the near future. Don't discount for a moment it won't become a ruinous heap either.

This thread is a long one and a review of same is encouraged before posting.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X