No announcement yet.

Parable of the 10 Virgins: Wise & Unwise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have any of you studied the Feast of Trumpets? It is known as the feast that no one knows the hour or the day. It is the next one that Jesus will fulfill. What if Jesus was telling the disciples when He was coming back? He said He was going to prepare a place for us. Just as the groom would do for the bride. The groom would come back when she didn't know.
    The thing that puzzles me about this parable is that the wedding would be taking place at the groom's father's house. He would have already come and gotten the bride and the bridesmaids would have already been there. I truly think this passage is talking about the rapture. Just because it mentions the wedding feast doesn't mean that there wasn't a time lapse. How long did the foolish take to purchase the oil? And, these were fully expecting to be let in.
    It is a very interesting parable. Then, immediately following, He talks about talents. I truly think the two go together. We are to be exercising our faith. We cannot "get saved" and then continue and blend in with the world. So many "Christians" do that.

Comment

Originally posted by rescuedbyChrist View Post
      We are to be exercising our faith. We cannot "get saved" and then continue and blend in with the world. So many "Christians" do that.
      We'll be known by our fruits... you're right. We will continue to make mistakes as God's children, but if we are slaves to sin, then the world is our Master, not Jesus. We have to make a choice, and that choice we make is seen in the fruit that our lives produce, or don't produce... The number of pretenders/deceived is likely massive, especially in the USA where most of the population claims Christianity. It won't be too long before we put on incorruptibility. In the meantime, wear out those knees and your favorite bible, and live for Him and in Him.

Welcome to RR.
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

Sorry, I didn't finish my thoughts on the Feast of Trumpets. Is it possible that He could come back on Rosh Hashanna? He will come back when the trumpet is blown. The Feast starts when the trumpet is blown. It is also known as the Wedding Feast. What if He was telling the disciples that He was coming back then? On that Feast? It is all so interesting. If not, when else will that Feast be fulfilled?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't finish my thoughts on the Feast of Trumpets. Is it possible that He could come back on Rosh Hashanna? He will come back when the trumpet is blown. The Feast starts when the trumpet is blown. It is also known as the Wedding Feast. What if He was telling the disciples that He was coming back then? On that Feast? It is all so interesting. If not, when else will that Feast be fulfilled?
          It is possible of course, but we know not the time nor the hour, and won't know until that wonderful moment is upon us.
          Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

I've been lurking on this board for quite some time. I love to get my news here! God has really been growing me in the past 2 years. I can't seem to learn enough about Him. He always amazes me! I've never been this fired up in my faith! Nor have I wanted to learn so much history and prophecy. I've been drawn to it since this last summer. I truly feel He is coming soon.
            I'm in Waco, TX and we are getting ready for a big Anne Graham Lotz revival in the fall. We are very excited about it. I've heard that she feels Jesus is coming back in her lifetime. No other generation can say that so much has lined up for His coming.

Comment

I guess you need to define "coming back." The Rapture can happen at any moment. My uninformed opinion is that it will take place when it will catch everyone off guard, especially satan - who also knows Prophesy - better than we do, since satan has perspective of the entire span of human time to refer to.

Could the Second Coming be tied into a Feast? I have no idea . . . but I can't wait to find out!!!!
              The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh:

Psalms 2:2-4a

Comment

By "coming back" I mean when He comes to take His Bride home. I believe in a pretrib rapture. I believe that the Church is the Bride and Jesus will come get us and take us to His Father's house. He said He was preparing a place for us. Just as the bridegroom in Jewish custom would. Then, we will be with Him during the 7 years just as the bride and groom would be together for 7 days. It is all so symbolic and beautiful. It makes it so more meaningful to me of Jesus drinking the wine before He paid the price, the dowry. Then we accept just as a bride when we accept His gift of grace. We also drink from the cup during communion. I just can't convey in words how beautiful it is to me.

Comment

Found another sermon on this:

The Parable Of The Virgins
                  Matthew 25:1-13
                  02-04-09

http://www.joncourson.com/teaching/t...?teaching=T440

Comment

Go here to the main Rapture Ready website this is the Thomas Ice Collection about

the TEN VIRGINS

http://www.raptureready.com/featured...w24_25_36.html

Also Tom Steward posted on RR too go here for more on this:

http://www.raptureready.com/resource/steward/2.htm
                    John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.Matthew 5:23-24 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Comment

The Parable of Ten virgins?

Did the five foolish virigns go to Hell for not be prepared?

Comment

Originally posted by giest075 View Post
                        Did the five foolish virigns go to Hell for not be prepared?
                        they went to hell for not being saved, which is why they were foolish

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                        Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                        Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Okay thanks for the answer.

Comment

A question about the Rapture

(First of all, I hope I am posting this in the correct place. I believe so; it is a question regarding the rapture and who participates.)

I have a question, that came over me the other day, and would love other opinions.

My Bible Study recently studied the parable of the virgins. In the past, it has always been brought out how believers will be taken in the rapture to be with the bridegroom, and non-believers will not. But this time, I read it differently.

There were the virgins who believed the bridegroom was coming, was watching for his coming, and were ready and prepared. The other virgins knew about the bridegroom and his coming, but they were not prepared. They were out getting more oil.

Could this mean that only true believing AND prepared Christians (his true Bride) will be going in the rapture, but there will be believers who although are SAVED, will not be going in the rapture because they were not prepared ?? Again, NOT an issue of salvation, but who the true Bride really is.

Many will come to know the Lord after the rapture. There are many non-believers now who don't even know what the rapture is. Could those "left behind" (unready believers) be the ones who will help spread the news of Christ's rapture?

Just a thought. I know I may be way off here, because salvation is salvation. But.... that is how I have been reading this parable. Would love your opinion.

And boy oh boy, do I ever want to be a READY AND PREPARED "VIRGIN"!! I want to be part of the raptured Bride!!

Comment

Everyone that is saved before the Rapture will be taken. There is nothing one can do to be more "prepared", OSAS (once saved always saved). The Parable of the virgins is in reference to Tribulation saints, not to those taken in the Rapture. There are two schools of thought on this parable as follows:

1st version: The virgins with oil represent the truly saved while those without oil represent the pretenders (those who say they are saved but really aren't).

2nd version: Salvation by "faith alone through grace alone" ceases after the Rapture and during the Trib people must endure to the end (of their life or the Trib) to be saved. See thread below for more info:

http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=74947

Jack Kelley supports the 2nd view while Dr. Fruchtenbaum supports the 1st view (I'll look up the links and post them tomorrow if I get a chance). But regardless to which of the above views one subscribes, your main question was about salvation before the Rapture and all prophecy teachers and students agree that ALL who are saved by the time of the Rapture will be taken

Comment

Let me say up front I don't have a personal interpretation but I have a few observations that most people miss.

First of all look carefully at the begining of the parable. Jesus says the following:-

MT 25:1 "At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise.
                                OK the TEN Virgins both the Foolish and the Wise ones make up the Kingdom of Heaven. So we are not talking about the Body of Christ which are totally Saved Believers who will all be at the wedding Feast of the Lamb. The Foolish half of the kingdom in this parable can't be saved believers because they are locked out.

3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.

MT 25:6 "At midnight the cry rang out: `Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'

MT 25:7 "Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, `Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.'
                                I have a problem with what the oil represents here. It doesn't seem to me to have anything to do with the Holy Spirit we get with salvation. Note the Foolish ask the Wise for some of theirs. How can another Christian give the Holy Spirit to someone else. The Holy Spirit is only given to us by the Lord. The Holy Spirit I'm sure doesn't run out. So I'm wondering what the lamps and oil truly represent here.

WHEN will this occur??

MT 25:11 "Later the others also came. `Sir! Sir!' they said. `Open the door for us!'

MT 25:12 "But he replied, `I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'

MT 25:13 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

My last quandary is about timing. The verse in Red suggest Rapture. The verse in bold "at judgement"? I mean like the following parable, which I beleive would occur on "the day of judgement", certainly not Rapture.

MT 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, `I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
                                OK these are my problems with this parable. I'm actually quiet confused by it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X