Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rapture of the Church

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Uh, Devin, this is a pre-Trib board.


    “God is right here, right now, ready to trade your burden for peace. Not just a little peace, but because of His amazing grace, complete peace. If you want your family to trust you, you’ve got to show them whom you trust.”—Tess on “Touched by an Angel”

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Devin
      Paul clearly says.....
      [15] No promotion of Mid, Post Tribulation, Prewrath, Preterism, or Replacement theology. This board is traditional Pre-Tribulation Rapture, Pre 6 Seals, Pre 70th week, and Pre-Millennial Dispensational of End Times Prophecy. No posting alternative theories from other websites. We believe in a literal 7 year Tribulation period, after the instantaneous Rapture of all regenerated believers in unison, during which God finishes His discipline of Israel, protects Israel, and finalizes His judgments on the unbelieving world. Salvation will remain open to people trusting in Jesus for salvation up to the Second Coming.
      No suggestions of living righteously enough for the rapture, or salvation unattainable after the Rapture is allowed.
      All discussions on these topics must follow suit. Jesus said we won't know the day nor hour of His return and always be ready keeping watch.
      sigpic
      Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

      John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

      Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.


      Comment


      • #33
        Hey Buzzard, is it alright if we make a thread to discuss the timing of the rapture in a friendly brothers-in-Christ manner? Sorry, but I cant see it being pre-trib (maybe you guys can convince me). The verses on the rapture like in Thessalonians dont say it is pre-trib, so I don't understand how they can be used as proof for pre-trib. There's also some practical concerns, like airplanes are going to crash. all traffic will crash, killing people cause of the beamed up drivers. medics doing surgery will disappear, leaving their patient to die? the Bible doesn't speak of this, so I don't see how it is believable.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by post-trib-dude View Post
          Hey Buzzard, is it alright if we make a thread to discuss the timing of the rapture in a friendly brothers-in-Christ manner? Sorry, but I cant see it being pre-trib (maybe you guys can convince me). The verses on the rapture like in Thessalonians dont say it is pre-trib, so I don't understand how they can be used as proof for pre-trib. There's also some practical concerns, like airplanes are going to crash. all traffic will crash, killing people cause of the beamed up drivers. medics doing surgery will disappear, leaving their patient to die? the Bible doesn't speak of this, so I don't see how it is believable.
          The most direct verse is Revelation 3:10 -
          Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
          The faithful church is kept from the tribulation.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Rapture Dave View Post
            The most direct verse is Revelation 3:10 -


            The faithful church is kept from the tribulation.

            Yes Rature Dave hit the spot.
            post Trib Dude, why do you think God would not keep us from the Hour of Temptation if we have kept is word?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by post-trib-dude View Post
              Hey Buzzard, is it alright if we make a thread to discuss the timing of the rapture in a friendly brothers-in-Christ manner? Sorry, but I cant see it being pre-trib (maybe you guys can convince me). The verses on the rapture like in Thessalonians dont say it is pre-trib, so I don't understand how they can be used as proof for pre-trib. There's also some practical concerns, like airplanes are going to crash. all traffic will crash, killing people cause of the beamed up drivers. medics doing surgery will disappear, leaving their patient to die? the Bible doesn't speak of this, so I don't see how it is believable.
              We don't discuss other rapture positions here, per the rules



              Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
              Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
              Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

              Comment


              • #37
                i printed this and will show it to my freinds... it is also on my myspace blog; myspace.com/something_started (i think it has the _ i am not sure anymore..)

                Comment


                • #38
                  wow, a cliffnote on the rapture, in detail, i must get my printer working. Its there, plain as day, the twinkling of an eye is about seven years long. Jesus only returns once not twice. the pretribulation rapture[since GOD is eternal] and the return of the Christ to end the tribulation is one event.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by bayport View Post
                    wow, a cliffnote on the rapture, in detail, i must get my printer working. Its there, plain as day, the twinkling of an eye is about seven years long.
                    the twinkling of an eye is the split second moment of the rapture
                    Originally posted by bayport View Post
                    Jesus only returns once not twice. the pretribulation rapture[since GOD is eternal] and the return of the Christ to end the tribulation is one event.
                    Jesus returns in the sky once, touches down on the ground once



                    Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      hi, hope i'm not far into darkness,and yes there is no scripture to back me up, but i can not help but feel that since there is no time in eternity that at the moment of the rapture,while we meet Jesus in the air, seven years has just passed on earth.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by bayport View Post
                        hi, hope i'm not far into darkness,and yes there is no scripture to back me up, but i can not help but feel that since there is no time in eternity that at the moment of the rapture,while we meet Jesus in the air, seven years has just passed on earth.
                        bayport, the rapture happens before the 7 year tribulation. We don't know if the tribulation starts right after the Rapture or if there's a gap but we do know that the tribulation countdown begins the moment the peace treaty with Israel is signed. 7 years after the siging of this treaty, Christ will return and "touch down" as Buzz calls it whereas for the Rapture Christ doesn't actually come to earth we go up to meet him in the clouds. 2 different timeframes...the Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by bayport View Post
                          hi, hope i'm not far into darkness,and yes there is no scripture to back me up, but i can not help but feel that since there is no time in eternity that at the moment of the rapture,while we meet Jesus in the air, seven years has just passed on earth.
                          That is actually an interesting theory and can be supported by Special Relativity. We know that if you left earth at near the speed of light, and came back, only a few minutes would pass for you but several years would pass on earth (just a fact from relativity). If we went up into the "heavens" (space) in the "twinkling of an eye" (speed of light) we could come right back down to find the tirbulation is already over.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Buzzard: Not only am I thrilled with all you have outlined here (you are quite the scholar), I absolutely LOVE the song, "Jesus take us Home" on your website. i can't find ANY info on the son anywhere on the net. Do you know who the band is? Thanks for so much blessed info.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by soulsurv View Post
                              Buzzard: Not only am I thrilled with all you have outlined here (you are quite the scholar), I absolutely LOVE the song, "Jesus take us Home" on your website. i can't find ANY info on the son anywhere on the net. Do you know who the band is? Thanks for so much blessed info.
                              Delirious? - The Mission Bell - "Fires Burn"
                              All around the world the fires burn,
                              They burn for you, for what is true.
                              And your bride across the earth is pushing through,
                              And we’re glorious when we mirror you.

                              Oh this world’s on fire, for you are our great desire.

                              Jesus, born to take us home,
                              And home is where the heart is.
                              Jesus, come and take us soon.
                              Your home is where my heart is.

                              All around the world the fires burn,
                              To light the way for your return,
                              We know one day you’ll split the sky in two,
                              And we will fly to be with you.


                              Last edited by Buzzardhut; May 10th, 2009, 01:44 AM.



                              Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                              Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                              Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Is "Delirious" the name of a Christian band? Don't know them. I'll look them up anyway. I would really like to have that tune; it's beautifully orchestrated. thanks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X