Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rapture of the Church

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Shabutie View Post
    You will be really disappointed if there is not a pretribulation rapture.
    Welcome to RR

    It's customary for new members to introduce themselves in the New Member's Welcome forum. Please do and give us your testimony - thanks!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shabutie View Post
      You will be really disappointed if there is not a pretribulation rapture.
      No, I don't think so, as I have faith in the goodness of our Lord no matter what. However, I also do not think it's a possibility that the rapture will be anything but pretribulation.

      Welcome to RR! It's a wonderful place to fellowship and to learn. I hope you introduce yourself in the new members area!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JJW81867 View Post
        I wonder what it will be like in cemeteries.
        Whenever I visit my parents' graves, I recite I Corinthians 15:52.

        Personally, I wouldn't mind standing next to their graves when they burst open! Talk about cool!

        I also know that, unlike Lot's wife, I won't be looking back! My curiosity will not get the better of me! My eyes will be focused on that "opened door", Revelation 4:1.


        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Lucid View Post
          Whenever I visit my parents' graves, I recite I Corinthians 15:52.

          Personally, I wouldn't mind standing next to their graves when they burst open! Talk about cool!

          I also know that, unlike Lot's wife, I won't be looking back! My curiosity will not get the better of me! My eyes will be focused on that "opened door", Revelation 4:1.

          Well then I hope that 'twinkling of an eye" thing is correct.
          If I'm in a grave yard and graves start popping open, I feel very strongly I'll die of heart failure.
          Last edited by gradywhite; July 1st, 2011, 11:48 AM. Reason: can't spell

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gradywhite View Post
            Well then I hope that 'twinkling of an eye" thing is correct.
            If I'm in a grave yard and graves start popping open, I feel very strongly I'll die of heart failure.
            This mean you'll be sticking around?



            Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
            Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
            Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

            Comment


            • Its really sad what happened to me the last Sunday that just went. I was telling my fellow sister in Christ about the end times and stuff, particularly the Rapture, and she got scared on me and all of a sudden didnt really want to talk. I told her that I was trying to encourage her, not scare her. But she would have none of it. I think she was scared maybe because she hadnt heard this stuff before, or that it was fear of the unknown.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ChristIsKing2008 View Post
                Its really sad what happened to me the last Sunday that just went. I was telling my fellow sister in Christ about the end times and stuff, particularly the Rapture, and she got scared on me and all of a sudden didnt really want to talk. I told her that I was trying to encourage her, not scare her. But she would have none of it. I think she was scared maybe because she hadnt heard this stuff before, or that it was fear of the unknown.
                Christisking2008 I know the feeling, it is really saddening when something that excites our hearts so much is a trigger of fear or otherwise uncomfortable reception to the message of the glorious appearing of Jesus for us, especially in these days that we live, to any of our fellow brethren.
                sigpic

                Luke 21:28

                "Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

                Comment


                • She is holding on....

                  Originally posted by ChristIsKing2008 View Post
                  Its really sad what happened to me the last Sunday that just went. I was telling my fellow sister in Christ about the end times and stuff, particularly the Rapture, and she got scared on me and all of a sudden didnt really want to talk. I told her that I was trying to encourage her, not scare her. But she would have none of it. I think she was scared maybe because she hadnt heard this stuff before, or that it was fear of the unknown.
                  This world is her hope in the present. It points to how hard it is to really live with the view that this world is not our home when it is all we see around us, unless our eyes and hope are on Jesus.

                  Jeff

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Xenosjeff View Post
                    This world is her hope in the present. It points to how hard it is to really live with the view that this world is not our home when it is all we see around us, unless our eyes and hope are on Jesus.

                    Jeff
                    I know what you mean, I have had that same problem too. The world can easily suck us into its way of life. But, now that I know and love Jesus, I realise that the world holds nothing for me.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by stauros View Post
                      As much as I want the rapture to happen NOW, I can't help but a feel a little guilt for feeling that way, because every day that it does NOT happen, is another 24 hours of opportunity for the lost to come to Christ before the tribulation.

                      It's a strange balance.
                      Originally posted by twinsmommy View Post
                      I share that same feeling of longing as well as the guilt for wishing it to come NOW...


                      Its hard to stop a 'feeling', but desiring for the Lord coming back at this exact moment should not elicit guilt.

                      No matter when He does return, there will always be a "need" for another 24 hours for some lost soul, perhaps even family members. For myself, I've come to accept that some may never accept, and I can't step in front of that.

                      Today is the very best day it can happen, if it is in the Lords timing. I pray today it is in the Lords timing. Maranatha as we say. It is the only thing that will right the ship, the sooner the better.
                      Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

                      Joel 3:2

                      I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

                      Comment


                      • I have a question and I apologise if its already been asked. I have trouble with my eyesight and it hurts to read long threads.

                        In Revelations 5 vs 11 - 13 it says:

                        11 Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 12 In a loud voice they were saying:

                        “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
                        to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
                        and honor and glory and praise!”

                        13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying:

                        “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
                        be praise and honor and glory and power,
                        for ever and ever!”


                        What I am wondering is, obviously the raptured church don't become angels so verse 11 isn't us, does that mean verse 13 is us? I don't understand why it says 'every creature in heaven and earth and under the earth and on the sea'..... How does this show the raptured church?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Maisie View Post
                          What I am wondering is, obviously the raptured church don't become angels so verse 11 isn't us, does that mean verse 13 is us? I don't understand why it says 'every creature in heaven and earth and under the earth and on the sea'..... How does this show the raptured church?
                          Every 'soulish' thing in creation is a 'creature'. I assume that includes angels, but it certainly includes humans and most animals.
                          The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
                          Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
                          (Psa 19:1b-2)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hootmon View Post
                            Every 'soulish' thing in creation is a 'creature'. I assume that includes angels, but it certainly includes humans and most animals.
                            Does this show that everyone shall see the Lord and believe in him.... or is this the raptured church?

                            Comment


                            • Here I am guessing this is saying the AC will be revealed before the rapture?

                              2 Thess 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
                              [the Church at the rapture]
                              2 Thess 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall
                              destroy with the brightness of his coming:

                              The Church is never called a he

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Aussie Micha View Post
                                The Church is never called a he
                                He is the Holy Spirit (His influence through the church is removed)



                                Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                                Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                                Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X