Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rapture of the Church

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • From what I understand from scripture, we will not be telecast, that is, the Rapture is not the Second Coming, when every eye will be seeing him. It is for us, the body of Christ, whoosh, we are gone. I do not believe we are going to have an audience, it is that quick. I believe Scripture bears this out from the very term "twinkling of an eye" which is quicker than the blink of an eye. NO time to gather CNN and Fox news to watch it.

    Comment


    • I dunno ....there's gotta be at least a few peeps out there with their cell phone videos on record as the Rapture happens.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Musician in His house View Post
        This occurred to me this morning while I was having my God Time on the way to work. We know we will be "changed in the twinkling of an eye," but will we be gone in that same twinkling, or will we rise slowly in full view of the rest of the world? I know this has been bandied about on other threads, but here's what occurred to me.

        Jesus was our example in everything, from baptism, to how to live, to how to respond to others who mock us for our faith, etc. If He was our example for all these things, is it not possible that He might also be our example about what the Rapture might look like? The Bible said He was taken up in full view of His disciples after being in his Resurrected body for 40 days. I guess my point is that perhaps we will, as the Bible says, be changed "in the twinkling of an eye" and yet be taken up in full view of the world. I doubt seriously we'd linger for 40 days, but I could see a scenario where we are changed and maybe a few minutes later be caught up, with the "leftbehinders" staring unbelievingly up at us, perhaps calling to us, realizing too late what's really happening, kind of like when Noah and his family were in the Ark and thousands of people outside were begging to be let in. I wonder also if the same will happen with the dead in Christ who will rise first, similar to the accounts of the dead who were raised at Jesus' death and who went into Jerusalem and were seen by others.

        Of course, I don't know for sure what will happen and this is all just conjecture, but it seems to have some Biblical basis. If someone can disprove me, that's okay.

        Thoughts?
        I have wondered if the glorification of our bodies would cause a bright glow, and that people looking at the heavens would see these pure bright lights, and that is one reason they would believe that UFOs were involved. Imagine how amazing, yet freaky that would look from the ground! And it would be seen worldwide.

        I can already hear the reporters talking about the "strange, bright, twinkling lights that appeared over the whole world, simultaneously, and then disappeared." I can see the experts on the cable news shows pontificating about what this means to whatever part of the world they are reporting from. Would any of them come out and say, "What if this were the Rapture that fundamentalist Christians talked about?"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WickIsTrimmed View Post
          I dunno ....there's gotta be at least a few peeps out there with their cell phone videos on record as the Rapture happens.

          There could be some news reporters or people presenting a segment on tv who are Christian and they're raptured and it's caught on tape. People are filming around the clock, surely something must be caught like you said.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Surafel View Post
            There could be some news reporters or people presenting a segment on tv who are Christian and they're raptured and it's caught on tape. People are filming around the clock, surely something must be caught like you said.
            I'm sure amateur 'disappearance' videos and theories and panic will be all over youtube.
            "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." - 1 Corinthians 15:26

            Comment


            • I was also thinking that with the Rapture it'll be "now you see 'em now you don't!" No matter what any timely video recordings may or may not reveal, the lame stream media will push the dis-info campaign.

              The aliens will have done it so that the earth can move into a higher level of consciousness.

              Comment


              • I can't help but to also think about all the tears that will be flowing, family members that once ridiculed others over their Christian beliefs and end-time teaching will be devastated when their loved ones are gone, and they will then know the truth... Our Lord will make a great statement to many with the occurence of the Rapture... Praise his glorius name and will all those Gentiles who have not been saved yet, please step forward and claim your spot (we want to go home)

                The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

                :snoopy

                Comment


                • Originally posted by WickIsTrimmed View Post
                  I was also thinking that with the Rapture it'll be "now you see 'em now you don't!" No matter what any timely video recordings may or may not reveal, the lame stream media will push the dis-info campaign.

                  The aliens will have done it so that the earth can move into a higher level of consciousness.
                  I'm sure there will be a lot of denial but there will be many who will believe.

                  Comment


                  • Love this thread! I've been thinking about this a lot lately after I read 1 Corinthians 15:52
                    "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

                    At the Feast of Trumpets the shofar is blown 100 times. Based on Jesus saying that His sheep know His voice, I wonder if, when The Trumpet sounds, only believers will hear it and do you think we'll have a minute or so to ask each other, "Did you hear that sound?"

                    Maybe today?!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
                      As long as I'm going, I'm happy however He takes me.

                      My husband has been blind his whole life. When talking about the Rapture he talks about how great it will be to see again (he had very limited vision as a child). I then remind him, "You'll see what you married!" and he gives out a mock scream.
                      That is so cute. Thanks for sharing. It will be an honor to see the dead in Christ rise first. And then I hope to meet my fiancee (who died over 2 years ago) in the air and give him a big hug.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by In Christ View Post
                        I can't help but to also think about all the tears that will be flowing, family members that once ridiculed others over their Christian beliefs and end-time teaching will be devastated when their loved ones are gone, and they will then know the truth... Our Lord will make a great statement to many with the occurence of the Rapture... Praise his glorius name and will all those Gentiles who have not been saved yet, please step forward and claim your spot (we want to go home)

                        I have thought alot about this lately, too. I was driving to an appointment today and thinking about the rapture. A scenario came up: A unsaved couple has young children. Husband is driving, mom is at home and the Rapture happens. Their children are gone and her husband is hit by a believer who has been raptured and he is killed. How horrific that would be for her. It made me so sad to think about it. I would imagine there will be alot of scenarios like that. I hope I'm not driving when the Rapture happens!

                        I think about the Rapture every day and pray for the unsaved. Especially family members. I know I will meet many of my siblings in the air, but there are a few that are not saved YET.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by riley View Post
                          Love this thread! I've been thinking about this a lot lately after I read 1 Corinthians 15:52
                          "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

                          At the Feast of Trumpets the shofar is blown 100 times. Based on Jesus saying that His sheep know His voice, I wonder if, when The Trumpet sounds, only believers will hear it and do you think we'll have a minute or so to ask each other, "Did you hear that sound?"

                          Maybe today?!
                          I believe both the saved and the lost will hear the voice and the trumpet. In the parable of the ten virgins, Matthew 25:6 says, "But at midnight there was a shout, 'Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.'" How's that for a wakeup call? The wise virgins were saved. In verse 10 the wise went in with him to the wedding feast. The lost will not be with Jesus at wedding feast. In verse 12 Jesus says to the foolish virgins, "Truly I say to you, I do not know you." Jesus will say this only to the lost. This is not about obedient and disobedient Christians. It is not about being filled with the Holy Spirit and not being filled. Because of the Bridegroom's response we know it is about saved and unsaved. Matthew 25::7 says they all rose and trimmed their lamps. They all knew something was going on.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by in_his_stead View Post
                            I have thought alot about this lately, too. I was driving to an appointment today and thinking about the rapture. A scenario came up: A unsaved couple has young children. Husband is driving, mom is at home and the Rapture happens. Their children are gone and her husband is hit by a believer who has been raptured and he is killed. How horrific that would be for her. It made me so sad to think about it. I would imagine there will be alot of scenarios like that. I hope I'm not driving when the Rapture happens!

                            I think about the Rapture every day and pray for the unsaved. Especially family members. I know I will meet many of my siblings in the air, but there are a few that are not saved YET.

                            Stories like the one you thought about will be abundant across Christian nations. We tend to focus on the stories and explanations of the disappearances and put labels on them (like it was the Aliens), but there will me millions that know what happened, those who know will be saddened to the truth even as the tears flow.
                            The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

                            :snoopy

                            Comment


                            • I've always personally thought that it would all happen in the twinkling of an eye; maybe a second or two after the trumpet sounding, calling us; and I took it that only the believers would hear the trumpet but this have gave me food for thought; it's only my personal opinion though.

                              PS: I loved the comment about those already dead having six feet further to travel

                              Comment


                              • I've often wondered about my own reaction and how I'd feel upon hearing that trumpet...but a few years ago I found out, as I was gardening in the front yard...very quiet day and most days were because I lived in the woods...and I heard the very loud and clear sound of a trumpet. I just KNEW that was it. I instantly put my head down and waited, body and heart freezing. Of course, it was an instrument from a ball game at the local high school on the wind. lol I sat there disappointed and then had to have a little laugh on me (I'd never heard the shofar to recognize the difference in sound until after that), but now I do have an idea of my reaction to it and what I might do. Freeze, wait and do nothing, didn't even move except to immediately close my eyes and lower my head.

                                Very nice to meet you all by the way, I've been reading here for 5 years! <3
                                Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. ~ Matthew 6:19-21 ~

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X