Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love this song too...."This Could Be The Dawning Of That Day".

sigpic Hey, Dad......ARE WE THERE YET?

Comment

• Thanks Sydney Spider. I haven't heard that one! I hope it gets stuck in my head!

Comment

Last edited by Haeddre; March 7th, 2011, 04:03 PM.
        Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Comment

• I'm not afraid of the rapture. Jesus nailed ALL my sins on the cross, even the ones I'm yet to commit.

I think (Lahaye and Jenkins made some good arguments in "Are We Living in the End Times") that it will happen at night; or alternately - when we had the huge blizzard everyone stayed home.

That would be a great time for the rapture, during severe weather when flights are grounded and everyone's "hunkered down". The fallout of unmanned vehicles, et al would be minimal.

My husband uses a paratransit service. I ride the bus when I'm solo. I am certain many drivers would come looking for us because we are very open in sharing our faith (plus you've got my little "hobby" of Bible distribution).

Recently my husband's felt called to warn people about the Mark of the Beast (Revelation 14), so he gives everyone the speech. I hand them a Bible.

Whoever raids my house after the rapture will find plenty of Bibles, New Testaments, tracts, and Scripture booklets, and a modest disaster kit. The garden is planted and easy to harvest.

I hope they enjoy it.

For me, after the rapture, I can hardly wait. At some very dark points in my life, I have had experiences where I felt God's love around me like a blanket (no holy visions or what-all! ). I knew how much He loved me, and I cried when it ended.

To be wrapped in that, forever... wow.

I also anticipate a party. It'll be fun for me because my husband is blind and has never seen me. I hope he thinks I'm cute, even if we don't "Marry or are given in marriage".

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
          'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
          I get my Bibles here

Comment

• Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post

I think (Lahaye and Jenkins made some good arguments in "Are We Living in the End Times") that it will happen at night; or alternately - when we had the huge blizzard everyone stayed home.

That would be a great time for the rapture, during severe weather when flights are grounded and everyone's "hunkered down". The fallout of unmanned vehicles, et al would be minimal.
            But it can't be night time everywhere at once...wouldn't it have to be day time somewhere during the Rapture? Or am I missing something obvious here?

Comment

• I have my own theory that our resurrected bodies at the time of the rapture will give off light as Jesus's body did at the transfiguration and ascension into heaven. When we meet him t=in the clouds, we will look like UFO's from earth. This will be part of the reason the rapture will be easily "proven" to be alien abduction, since the "ufo's" were seen at the exact same time millions disappeared. The new agers already have a similar explanation and expectation for a rapture-like event to take place.

{Mod Snip}
              Last edited by Steve53; March 2nd, 2011, 08:50 PM. Reason: Rule 14

Comment

• Originally posted by Sydney Spider View Post
                I love this song too...."This Could Be The Dawning Of That Day".
                THAT one's my favorite!!! Some mornings I literally wake up with that song on my mind!

Comment

• Spokenfor, they basically said only America would need to be in the dark, because we are the densest population of Christians.

Although, I think these days China has us beat.

It's just a theory. I don't care how or when, as long as He takes me.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                  'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                  I get my Bibles here

Comment

• When I'm driving in the car, and the sun shines down betwen the clouds...I always think that's what it's going to look like when Jesus comes.

My daughter and I have talked about how we hope we are at home and sitting near one another, with my son in my lap when the Rapture takes place. I think it's a mother's instinct to want their children close during an exciting event. I always imagined being filled with a beautiful peace and the next thing I know I'm floating to the sky and I look across the sky and see people I know. When we get to Heaven I always see a brilliant white light ascending from above. Sometime later I will meet up with y'all and say, "Oh, thank you so much for being my RR family while we were watching for Jesus."
                    If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have charity, I am nothing. 1 Co 13:2

Comment

• Originally posted by Haeddre View Post
                      Unfortunately, my feelings are a weird combination of excitement and terror when thinking about the Rapture. Most often I am very anxious about it. I have been forgiven for my sin, but I still feel ashamed of it. Sometimes I sin willingly, so who am I to expect no consequences when I meet Him face to face? I feel like a Judas who is stowing away on the Rapture plane.
                      I like your humility.

I'm also glad you mentioned "shame". There will be those Christians who will feel shame - at first, IMHO.
                      1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
                      Then those who will be "admiring" Him.
                      2 Thessalonians 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
                      For those of us who watch for Him, who live our lives knowing He could come at any moment, this hope "purifies us"; keeps us "on our toes" when we sin...
                      I John 3:2,3
                      Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
                      I think of so many different scenarios as to how the actual Rapture will be! I've loved reading all these posts.

Sometimes, most times actually, I think it'll be what John experienced:
                      Revelation 1:17,18

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
                      I hope to hear our Lord identify Himself, for me, with those precious words!

And then going, immediately, into Revelation 4 and Revelation 5!! Seeing my loved ones near me! Smiling with them, worshiping with them, as we do those things described. Perhaps even, unfortunately, comforting those who weren't ready or who weren't familiar with Rev 4 & 5. Telling them to not be afraid.

Perhaps the Rapture Experience will be virtually the same, as described above, for all of us.

Or the Rapture Experience will be so different, varied from person to person by such a creative, limitless God, Who designs each one for us, specifically down to the smallest of details.

*Sigh*

Let's keep/share this hope we have knowing today could be The Day! Following God's Will as He purifies us today.

"Come quickly, Lord Jesus!"
                      Revelation 3:11,
                      Revelation 22:7,
                      Revelation 22:12,
                      Revelation 22:20.

sigpic

Comment

• One thing I have prayed, is that God waits for either

1) early summer, once the harvest is planted

2) Late fall, once the harvest is stored.

Regardless who is left behind, food is going to be critical, and for those few who will endure, they will need this precious commodity and need some time to learn the craft of the oldest profession: Farming.
                        It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                        sigpic

Comment

• What if the Rapture was totally different and I say this because the Lord says meek will inheret the earth, What if, What if when the Rapture comes, that it's all the Christians left behind, but changed. What if all the bad is taken up, sin is removed, the earth is changed and we are left with cleaning up and with the LORD's help, remake the world, we try again, how would that be? Ok don't stone me, not trying to wreck the theme here, but it came to mind this morning, What if... Now thank goodness it's not and we know and I am just as well waiting on the LORD and ready anytime for the blessed event, it was just a reverse thought...

Something else, when Jesus asscended back to heaven and the apostles were watching as he rose, was it just them or did others see him rise as well, how about those near by, would they have seen Jesus rise or was it just the believers? This is a thought about the rapture, that only the true Christians will see all this, the rest will not, we'll have just vanished...thoughts anyone?

Comment

• Normal life one instant and the next transformed. A pause. A great cheer, and then the most beautiful hymn ever sang by billions of angels and redeemed humans for thier Savior.

Comment

• Originally posted by metroames View Post
                              Well, if the Shroud of Turin is authentic, then maybe there'll be evidence left inside our clothes that we were transformed.
                              Wow, metroames! I hadn't thought of THAT one! Coooool!
                              Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

sigpic

Comment

• I love you all!

A few weeks ago I was sitting in my recliner near the end of the day. I turned on the Jesus channel (as I call it), and one of my favorite TV preachers was on- Jack Hayford.

All of a sudden, in the twinkling of an eye, I was sitting in my recliner, but the TV, the family room lights, and everything else in my house turned off. Yes, we lost power. I sat there in the dark for a few seconds- it took me that long to realize what had just happened. And then, in the twinkling of an eye, everything turned back on.

My first thought was, this is how it will be at the rapture. Praise God!
                                2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

Comment

Working...
                                X