Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We know "time" will not exist as we know it on Earth and we can assume "Space" will exist as the "New Jerusalem" is measured in size. Thus I think we will all take up space in heaven. I see us instantaneously being transformed into our glorified bodies while also transitioning to an extremely large area for the largest wedding and social gathering ever held, and afterwards we will be directed to our mansions, thus goes Day 1... It will be paradise! Awesome thoughts everyone!
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Comment

• Originally posted by Verisimilitude View Post
      What a day that will be...first, we will hear the sound of the last trump. Then we will hear that wonderful call "Behold, the Bridegroom cometh"! Those of us who are outside or near windows may well see a flash of bright light and then see the dead in Christ hovering in the air, waiting for the rest of us. A nano-second later, there is another flash of light as we who remain are transformed and quickly rise into the air to join with the believers of the past 2000 years. We will be clothed in white robes which is the righteousness of the saints, our earthy raiment left behind us, empty. Unlike Lots' wife, we will not look back at the earth. We will be looking at our Lord, Savior and Bridegroom and praising Him!
      I like the way you think!

I heard a really great point made about the rapture recently....it was either a Chuck Missler or Jon Courson message.

Anyway...of course we all know about how the Jews did the whole wedding thing and how that's a picture of the Rapture.

You know the part about how the bridegroom goes and prepares a place for his bride...and how the bridegroom must wait for his father to give him the "okay" to go collect his bride.

Well...the point was made that the Bridegroom is so in love with His bride....He is just as excited as she is to get the wedding underway! He's anxiously waiting for His Father to give Him the "all systems go" signal!

That point really hit me...had me in tears, as a matter of fact. To think that Jesus, my Bridegroom, is as excited as me for the Rapture to take place! To think that He loves me that much....millions of times more than even any earthly groom can love his bride...and with a perfect love!

Wow! I can't begin to fathom what that kind of love really feels like....and I can't wait to find out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Verisimilitude View Post
        What a day that will be...first, we will hear the sound of the last trump. Then we will hear that wonderful call "Behold, the Bridegroom cometh"! Those of us who are outside or near windows may well see a flash of bright light and then see the dead in Christ hovering in the air, waiting for the rest of us. A nano-second later, there is another flash of light as we who remain are transformed and quickly rise into the air to join with the believers of the past 2000 years. We will be clothed in white robes which is the righteousness of the saints, our earthy raiment left behind us, empty. Unlike Lots' wife, we will not look back at the earth. We will be looking at our Lord, Savior and Bridegroom and praising Him!

After a brief and joyous reunion with loved ones, friends and friends we have never met face to face, we will instantly be transported in the House of Jesus' Father and our Father. Upon our arrival, there will be the greatest praise and worship service ever conducted as we praise, worship and thank the Lord and Jesus for all the love they've shown to us! The emotion of joy will overwhelm us and we will finally be able to understand the true depth of love that the Father and Jesus have for us, their creation.

On a separate note, I have noted many times that Christians believe that here on earth, we are not home. That our home is in heaven. That is not what scripture says. Jesus specifically said that "the meek will inherit the earth". The Bible also states that at some time in the future, after the earth is cleansed in fire, God Himself will make His home here. This is our home, my home. This is where our Bridegroom is going to set up His Kingdom and we are going to be with Him. It is those who refuse to believe in Jesus who are interlopers and strangers here.

Isn't it ironic that people who have no use for Jesus and salvation are often the ones who are so concerned about the ecology of the earth? They worry about polution, water shortages, over-population and global warming and they will be here for only a short time, that is unless they accept the blessing of salvation through Jesus. If they don't, they will never be here again. Many of these people I've talked to have told me they hope the rapture is not only true, but soon, so that the world can get rid of Christians and indulge freely in whatever they feel like indulging in. That is without someone telling them there is an eternal perspective they cannot ignore. The very people they want to get rid of, us, are the ones who are going to inherit the earth. They who are both in the world and of the world are going to be cut off eternally from the world.

THANK YOU LORD JESUS FOR SALVATION!!!
        Nice portrayal... nice post!
        The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Comment

• deleted
          Last edited by angcan; March 2nd, 2011, 10:06 PM. Reason: against rules

Comment

• Interesting thoughts.

I understand there are rules around dreams so don't mean this to be prophetic but just want to share that I had a powerful dream about the rapture back in February 1991 - 20 years ago! i still think about it up to this day and it still amazes me. I was caught up slowly into the night sky, at the rear yard where I use to live with my folks, but as I was going up above the trees, the dream ended. I had only just woke up prior to the dream, looked at my clock and nodded off to sleep and had the dream.

I too agree, I think it will be instant.
            sigpic

Luke 21:28

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

Comment

• Our Blessed Hope-Rapture

The Bible gives us a clear picture of how this all happens. It will be in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye. The Lord shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. I imagine blinking my eye & that is how fast we will be with Jesus in heaven with our new glorified bodies. I this is the year we go home. I know God has his perfect day when that will happen. He is giving people more time to repent. Come Quickly, Lord Jesus!
              sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

• Ok... so I guess I still have issues from my childhood... I've had one dream about the rapture several years ago... I was with my daughter (she was young, in elementary school, 1st or 2nd grade).... we were outside, the sky was a beautiful bright blue with really white puffy clouds... I look up and see the coulds move in a very sped up fashion like they do with time lapse sometimes. Then I look down at my daughter and say "Erica, its the rapture! Its happening!" She is excited as was I. We started lift slowly off the ground floating up. We got about 6 feet off the ground when I started slowing drifting back down. I was too heavy to go. She kept floating up and I felt really sad. Thats all I remember until later in the dream when I found myself in heaven but I was looking for my other two dd's. They were in heaven's daycare and I was having trouble finding it.

I tell people this dream and they usually start laughing! And its ok... I have really wild dreams anyways so I'm used to it.

I personally want a few seconds or a minute to float up and recognize what is happening. To be able to look around and see others floating up at the same time, the look on their faces of joy and amazement. I want to enjoy the moment like one poster put it.
                "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

Comment

• Dreams reflect our Hope in Christ. I know many who have had Rapture dreams, self included - both vivid and weird.

I tend to think of them as post cards from Heaven: From Jesus, wish you were here....Now. See You Soon.

But imaginations often cloud facts, so we must be careful.

Still the ideas shared of what we think the Rapture process will be like are exciting.

And let's avoid turning this into a dream thread.

so continue with.........I picture it this way.....

Anyone else like the Big White Huey Dustoff...

Paved Paradise, So He gave us a mansion lot....Ooooo La La La
                  It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                  sigpic

Comment

• Well, I would like to have a couple minutes to tell my dad, "I told you so".

But that will probably be the furthest thing from my mind.

Comment

• I suspect those words will be ringing in quite a few ears.

It's for real folks.
                      It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Wally View Post
                        Dreams reflect our Hope in Christ. I know many who have had Rapture dreams, self included - both vivid and weird.

I tend to think of them as post cards from Heaven: From Jesus, wish you were here....Now. See You Soon.

But imaginations often cloud facts, so we must be careful.

Still the ideas shared of what we think the Rapture process will be like are exciting.

And let's avoid turning this into a dream thread.

so continue with.........I picture it this way.....

Anyone else like the Big White Huey Dustoff...

Paved Paradise, So He gave us a mansion lot....Ooooo La La La
                        Wow Wally, thanks for the uplift this morning. I just thought others would get a smile out of my dream this morning and I was caught up in stories others told... admonishments like yours tend to cause people not to post.. especially since it was done within only a few minutes of my posting it.
                        "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

Comment

• rapture dreams

I have had so many dreams about the rapture. In each one, I find myself floating slowly up...It is so lucid...I can actually FEEL the motion of upward movement. In one, I was floating up to a cloud, which I tried to grab hold of. In another, I actually saw the sky part..as if it was a curtain in a theatre. I also have dreams where I cry out.."Abba Father" when I have troubling dreams. It's so weird! I find myself wondering..is this God's way of comforting me? Or is it all just because I am pretty focused on prophecy as it relates to current events.

Comment

• Sunshine,

Sorry for the offense. It was not indended to be such, and others were starting to allude to dreams before your post.

I have seen the mods close threads for less.
                            [07] No Dream threads or threads supporting 'Words of Knowledge', WOF, Angel or Ghost sightings, Rapture dreams or prophetic visions,

My admonishment is not to stifle, but to encourage a better context because I really appreciate the ideas members have about this subject.

sigpic

Comment

• Yep, dream threads tend to spiral a bit out of control, hence the rule. Just make sure the thread steers clear of specific dreams, and/or dream interpretation.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Wally View Post
                                Sunshine,

Sorry for the offense. It was not indended to be such, and others were starting to allude to dreams before your post.

I have seen the mods close threads for less.
                                [07] No Dream threads or threads supporting 'Words of Knowledge', WOF, Angel or Ghost sightings, Rapture dreams or prophetic visions,

My admonishment is not to stifle, but to encourage a better context because I really appreciate the ideas members have about this subject.
                                I understand no dreams if they are used to interpret scripture or prophecy, etc. But mine was posted because it will usually make people laugh and its a funny one. Nothing more was intended except a smile from the reader.

Comment

Working...
                                X