Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's pure conjecture any way you spin it. There is but one fact: We are changed in an instant. John tells us, "...we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." So there you have it: What we will be is not yet known. We dont know if we will be invisible to non-changed humans. We dont know if our clothes will not be able to stay on a changed, spiritual body.....but we do know that we will be changed instantaneously.

I have this image in my head of what it may be like. For no other reason than a hunch, I think it's possible that, while we are changed instantaneously, we dont go up instantaneously, nor are we invisible.

How cool would it be to be changed right in front of someone's eyes? We may hear the Trumpet being blown, then as we feel the change, having just received the perfected, immortal body and looking at our newly glorified forms, we look up and see Jesus in the air. Maybe we even have a chance to say some parting words as the onlookers who are watching in utter disbelief, just to tell them of what's happening and what will come, and to trust in Jesus. Then, we then slowly rise up to heaven to rejoice with our other brothers and sisters that this Day has finally arrived, and that we get to see Jesus face to face.

Then again, it might be a snatching away, which in the Greek insinuates a violent or forceful taking. It might be instantaneous change and instantaneous translation to heaven, no slowly floating away.

We just dont know. Fun to think about though!

God bless,
    - JIL

Comment

• Thanks to everyone who responded. I have been praying that God will remove my anxiety about this and give me peace. I know he surely must love my baby boy far more that I do so I need to learn to trust him to take care of us when the time comes.

Comment

• [QUOTE=hurryupJesus;2026018]I know it is so fast we probably won't realize it happening. but I do wish it would go slow so we could relish it, I've been waiting so long, longing for so long. I want to enjoy it and be able to look around and think... oh my lands, it's really happening![/QUOTE]

Excellent! I agree all the way! I want to realize "This is IT!"

Comment

• I have to believe God LOVES threads like these. Have you ever listened to your kids as they eagerly discuss an exciting vacation, what to expect Christmas morning or similar? As you listen, knowing full well what's in store, don't you just love listening to their anticipation and joy of wondering as their minds run wild with possibilities? The Rapture is going to be an A M A Z I N G event, more amazing than we can even begin to imagine. It'll be our first step entering all of eternity and God must be wild with excitement as we have these discussions knowing exactly what awaits!!!! And I believe God is VERY excited about soon having His kids home. Let's remember that, in God's realm, this has all already happened. Something we so eagerly await is history to God...that blows my mind. Nevertheless, you have to know that God wants us out of here ASAP because we were created to be with Him, not in this corrupt world in corrupt bodies. The more I type the more excited I'm getting to see Jesus!! HEAVENLY FATHER P L E A S E SEND JESUS NOW!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vbf View Post
            I have to believe God LOVES threads like these. Have you ever listened to your kids as they eagerly discuss an exciting vacation, what to expect Christmas morning or similar? As you listen, knowing full well what's in store, don't you just love listening to their anticipation and joy of wondering as their minds run wild with possibilities? The Rapture is going to be an A M A Z I N G event, more amazing than we can even begin to imagine. It'll be our first step entering all of eternity and God must be wild with excitement as we have these discussions knowing exactly what awaits!!!! And I believe God is VERY excited about soon having His kids home. Let's remember that, in God's realm, this has all already happened. Something we so eagerly await is history to God...that blows my mind. Nevertheless, you have to know that God wants us out of here ASAP because we were created to be with Him, not in this corrupt world in corrupt bodies. The more I type the more excited I'm getting to see Jesus!! HEAVENLY FATHER P L E A S E SEND JESUS NOW!!!!!
            Thank you so much for saying this!

Comment

• I'm thinking we'll have a very wonderful feeling inside of us... we won't understand why, but we'll sense something imminent and we'll be at great peace. We'll be led to thoughts of our Creator and will pray. Then we'll hear the trumpet and see the groom with his entourage and we'll be transformed and gone from this troubled earth before it dawns on us what has just transpired... and it will be wonderful beyond description.

Just pondering what it might be like...
              Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

• Originally posted by Wally View Post
                My vision - yours is just as valid.........

In the instant the trump sounds - to those remaining, we simply vanish - clothed or not.

To us, time disappears and we begin to see as we were ment to, as new creations in Christ.
                We look down and with one last sob pray for those who will face the Tribulation.
                We look across the vastness and instantly recognize friends.
                We see loved ones who preceeded us ahead.
                And beyond ....

We see Jesus and we cannot turn away as we close in on Him, tears of sorrow, repentence, unworthiness, forever flushed away with tears of pure joy and Love.

Oh what a day that will be.
                Oh wow, I have tears streaming down and chill bumps all over my body! I simply can't wait for that day.

Comment

• I've often thought that 'in the twinkling of an eye' we will leave this earth and meet Jesus in the air beyond the sight of those on the earth, then we will all proceed to heaven with him. Then we will enter heaven's gates to thunderous applause and praise from the angels as our Lord leads the procession of all those he has rescued and saved by his own blood. He is of course riding a beautiful white horse, and we are all wearing white linen robes. What a dream that is for me!
                  Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Comment

• I just wonder what it will feel like, just walking along or something and then POOF, disappear.
                    When you think about it, its almost impossible to believe. I mean, people dont just simply vanish into thin air.
                    But as we all know, nothing is impossible with God

Comment

• Am I the only one (or are there others here who will admit to it) who hears something "different" then you find yourself listening intently, wondering if it was "THE" trumpet? I can't begin to count the number of times that I've stopped what I was doing or muted the TV, turned off the vacuum, etc. in order to listen.

I have actually had two dreams in my life of the catching away. I have literally (well, in my dream literal) experienced my body rising and can remember what it felt like. (Do I have an active imagination or what?) Of course, I was much younger then and I'm guessing that what I imagined and what it will truly be like bear little resemblance. I DO think we'll hear the shofar either just before or as we are being transformed. Then, while I think our change will be instantaneous, I imagine that the actual catching away will be measurable in time much like Elijah's journey was. Or, looking at another Biblical example, like the ascension.

Like you all, I don't know what will happen - but I can't wait to find out!!!!!!!

Comment

• I know exactly what you mean, SilverBerries! This has happened to me a few times. And I have also had dreams where the Rapture was taking place and I could feel my body rising up. Each time I dream it, it feels SO real that I believe it is finally happening- only to wake up devastated when I realize it is just a dream.

I have two small boys and I pray that I am with them when it takes place. I would love to be with my husband and kids as we get called up. I feel like it is so close and I am trying not to be impatient... but it is tough!

On another note- I have often wondered about meeting all of you in Heaven. I enjoy reading so many of the posts on here, and it would be nice to put a face to each name. I value the opinions of the people here, and I don't even know you!
                        "Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it."

Luke 9:23-24 (NIV)

Comment

• Wonderful posts everyone!

As for what I think, I think we'll be here one moment, hear the Trumpet and then be falling on our knees in the presence of Jesus the next! I'm ready to go home!

Comment

• Originally posted by hurryupJesus View Post
                            I know it is so fast we probably won't realize it happening. but I do wish it would go slow so we could relish it, I've been waiting so long, longing for so long. I want to enjoy it and be able to look around and think... oh my lands, it's really happening!
                            That's my thought, exactly! I wondered if anyone else felt that way!

I've told my husband and my best friend (the only two people I thought wouldn't think I was crazy!) that I wanted to experience a sense of awe, astonishment and wonder! I would like it to happen probably a little slower than it will so I can really be amazed!

But, of course, as my friend and husband both pointed out, we WILL be amazed! God has such great things in store for us, things we could never have imagined, including how the Rapture happens.

But I tell ya...I sure love to sit around and think about it!

Oh, and I do not think all our clothes and dental work will be left behind...like in Left Behind. I think everything on our bodies will vanish with us. Can't really explain it, but it just makes more sense to me.

Comment

• i think it will be like a reverse dream... you know, when you wake up and recall a dream you just had, it's a little fuzzy and then once you're awake, reality is much clearer. i suspect when we are changed, our new glorified minds will instantly realize what is going on and a lot of things will suddenly be much, much clearer.

the other cool thing is that those of us that are raptured will have experienced an truly unique thing- only the living body of Christ will know what it felt like. billions of people through the rest of history and eternity will come up and ask us, "what was it like?"

edited to add: i don't see our clothes and etc. going with us. think about this: what if you're sleeping in the buff? will your blankets and sheets go? those are all earthly material things and i'm fairly certain they will be left here.

Comment

• My Vision

What a day that will be...first, we will hear the sound of the last trump. Then we will hear that wonderful call "Behold, the Bridegroom cometh"! Those of us who are outside or near windows may well see a flash of bright light and then see the dead in Christ hovering in the air, waiting for the rest of us. A nano-second later, there is another flash of light as we who remain are transformed and quickly rise into the air to join with the believers of the past 2000 years. We will be clothed in white robes which is the righteousness of the saints, our earthy raiment left behind us, empty. Unlike Lots' wife, we will not look back at the earth. We will be looking at our Lord, Savior and Bridegroom and praising Him! He will be as excited to see us as we will be to see Him!

After a brief and joyous reunion with loved ones, friends and friends we have never met face to face, we will instantly be transported in the House of Jesus' Father and our Father. Upon our arrival, there will be the greatest praise and worship service ever conducted as we praise, worship and thank the Lord and Jesus for all the love they've shown to us! The emotion of joy will overwhelm us and we will finally be able to understand the true depth of love that the Father and Jesus have for us, their creation.

On a separate note, I have noted many times that Christians believe that here on earth, we are not home. That our home is in heaven. That is not what scripture says. Jesus specifically said that "the meek will inherit the earth". The Bible also states that at some time in the future, after the earth is cleansed in fire, God Himself will make His home here. This is our home, my home. This is where our Bridegroom is going to set up His Kingdom and we are going to be with Him. It is those who refuse to believe in Jesus who are interlopers and strangers here.

Isn't it ironic that people who have no use for Jesus and salvation are often the ones who are so concerned about the ecology of the earth? They worry about polution, water shortages, over-population and global warming and they will be here for only a short time, that is unless they accept the blessing of salvation through Jesus. If they don't, they will never be here again. Many of these people I've talked to have told me they hope the rapture is not only true, but soon, so that the world can get rid of Christians and indulge freely in whatever they feel like indulging in. That is without someone telling them there is an eternal perspective they cannot ignore. The very people they want to get rid of, us, are the ones who are going to inherit the earth. They who are both in the world and of the world are going to be cut off eternally from the world.

THANK YOU LORD JESUS FOR SALVATION!!!

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
                                For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X