This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Verisimilitude View Post
    Harpazo means to snatch up, as if out of the way of danger, for this reason I believe something really bad is about to happen when we're taken up. If this is true and there is a grave danger that the Lord doesn't want us to face, then those who aren't raptured are going to have to endure whatever the danger is. In that case, parking and landing may not be the biggest of priorities.

I don't think that there is anything in the Greek word itself that carries the meaning of "being snatched out of the way of danger." The meaning would depend on context. One of the purposes of the harpazo is of course to snatch us out before the trib occurs, but it may not be that the trib immediately follows on the heels of the rapture since the Bible doesn't say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verisimilitude View Post
      There's gotta be some major event that triggers the rapture.... I'm talking major disaster here
      My thought has always been the other way around.

The Lord said 'of that day and hour...no one knows'.
      To me this means that there would be nothing out of the ordinary scene or scheme of things that would bring about our translation.
      The resurrection of the living ...in Christ only...this would trigger the major event. That instability will create a universal glitch....and the enemies of Israel and America will surely strike. I believe that ultimate war [Ez 38, 39] would then ensue and disappearance of people would fall a distant second to the situation.

Most of the world would still be left to deal with it.
      'Many are called..but few are chosen'.

Comment

• Originally posted by TwinklingOfanEye View Post
        Why is it that so many Christians including ones at this forum who believe in pre-trib, all seem to believe that we will not know who the AC is? What versus are they getting that idea from?
        Its actually the other way around. Show me a verse where it says the Bride will know.

The AC will be revealed, and the revelation won't be man inspired. Its a matter of timing as well in that we are not waiting to discover who the AC is, we are told to be waiting for the blessed hope. Those who spend their time trying to find the AC are rather imbalanced, evidence it for yourself by reading some of them. Everything becomes a conspiracy, everyone is out to get them, lots of fear and dread. Not to mention the never ending math calculations, I mean really, not many like math so much. Evidence enough for me that that particular activity doesn't bear good fruit. Even so, it may very well be almost simultaneous, however few will recognize he is the AC, it is knowledge only useful (believed) to the believer. Nearly the whole world will think God has come among the people of earth, as evidenced by many scriptures. Even Israel will think their Savior has arrived, only to find out later who the real Savior is, Christ. The AC's whole purpose is to get men to believe he is God, exulting himself above even God, with lying signs and wonders. He will be every mans God, no matter the name they call their God.
        Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

• ok guys, how do I respond to this post tribber?

"do you believe there will be those saved during the Tribulation, right? Yet the wedding takes place prior to that, correct? Are these saved during the Tribulation not also considered to be apart of the church(the bride)? And if that is the case, how do they get to be apart of the wedding and the feast if it takes place before they are invited?"

Comment

• Originally posted by dittohead conservative View Post
            ok guys, how do I respond to this post tribber?

"do you believe there will be those saved during the Tribulation, right? Yet the wedding takes place prior to that, correct? Are these saved during the Tribulation not also considered to be apart of the church(the bride)? And if that is the case, how do they get to be apart of the wedding and the feast if it takes place before they are invited?"
            the Bride is only a small group of all the saved, during the age of grace

Rev. 20:1-7 are the tribulation saints,

"we who are alive" are Paul's audience - pretrib saints
            1Thes 4:13-18
            Paul speaks of we "his current church" who are alive will get raptured along with our dead loved ones; Paul comforts them that their dead loved ones will not be raptured before them but will actually be raptured along with them, that is his main point for the main rapture. This is the main big rapture whereby the bride of Christ is given her new body before the tribulation

There is a wedding ceremony for the bride, the guests of the bride are the trib saints

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
            Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
            Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

• thank you Buzzard Hut.

Here is another..I quote all the verses and they respond with this...

One taken (in the rapture); the other left (behind in tribulation).

Matthew 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
              Matthew 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Luke 17:33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

Luke 17:34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

Luke 17:35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Luke 17:36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

This describes the Pre Trib Rapture.

"Nope, these describe the fact that some will be saved and some will not."

and...

"
              Matt 24 is comparing those who died in the flood to those who will be taken.

Luke 17 is comparing the fate of Lot's wife with those who will be taken.

Both negatives. Those who were taken died.

Doesn't sound like much of a glorious hope to me.

Personally, I am looking forward to the Resurrection.

PS: Context is my best friend when reading the New Testament. "

Comment

• Matthew 24:40-42 are about those who will be "taken" in judgment at the end of the tribulation period, at the time of His Second Coming. Those who are "left" are left to enter the Millennial Kingdom in their natural bodies.

The Church will have been raptured (and given glorified bodies) at least 7 years prior to this.
                This passage (and other such related passages) does not apply to the Church. Paul explains the rapture of the Church elsewhere.
                It is important to remember to keep Israel and the Church distinct, in Scripture.

ETA: Also, the "wedding feast" takes place AFTER His Second Coming (a "week" or "seven years" after "the wedding"), on the earth (many equate it with "the beginning of the Millennial Kingdom", as do I), and the "guests" are the trib saints.

Comment

• ME- [Rom 5:9] Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

HIM- Right. At the Judgment. The Tribulation is not God's wrath.

ME- [Rom 5:9] Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

HIM- How were the Israelites saved from God's wrath in Egypt? I don't recall them being magically lifted in the clouds...

Comment

ME- [Rom 5:9] Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

HIM- Right. At the Judgment. The Tribulation is not God's wrath.

HIM- How were the Israelites saved from God's wrath in Egypt? I don't recall them being magically lifted in the clouds...
                    The tribulation is God's wrath
                    the bride of Christ are spared God's wrath & the Israelites are protected in the trib during God's wrath

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

• I WROTE- THE TRIB sure is God's wrath.

God will NOT allow the Church to go through the Tribulation Period. God wouldn't destroy the wicked in Noah's day until Noah and his family were all safely aboard the ark. Not one drop of rain fell until Noah and his family were on the ark, and God had shut the door. After wards, the rains fell and the wicked were utterly destroyed. The same is true of Lot and his family. Although Lot was a back slidden believer, he was nevertheless a "just man," a righteous man (2nd Peter 2:7,8). We read in Genesis 19:22, "Haste thee, escape thither; for I cannot do any thing till thou be come thither."

These words were spoken by the angel whom God had sent to reign down fire and brimstone upon Sodom and Gomorrah. No judgment could fall upon Sodom, until Lot and his family were removed. Likewise, the Church will be Translated (Raptured) away from this sin-cursed world before the Tribulation.

HE REPLIED-
                      Interesting thing about these examples...none of the people mentioned ever physically left the earth...God protected them while they were still here................

Comment

• It might be better to compare the Church to Enoch (who was "translated that he should not see death," BEFORE the judgment of the flood) and the trib saints to Noah, preserved through the flood judgment (like in the trib), to carry on, upon the earth, afterward... (in the earthly Millennial Kingdom).

That's how I see it.

Hebrews 11:5

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Comment

I WROTE- THE TRIB sure is God's wrath.

God will NOT allow the Church to go through the Tribulation Period. God wouldn't destroy the wicked in Noah's day until Noah and his family were all safely aboard the ark. Not one drop of rain fell until Noah and his family were on the ark, and God had shut the door. After wards, the rains fell and the wicked were utterly destroyed. The same is true of Lot and his family. Although Lot was a back slidden believer, he was nevertheless a "just man," a righteous man (2nd Peter 2:7,8). We read in Genesis 19:22, "Haste thee, escape thither; for I cannot do any thing till thou be come thither."

These words were spoken by the angel whom God had sent to reign down fire and brimstone upon Sodom and Gomorrah. No judgment could fall upon Sodom, until Lot and his family were removed. Likewise, the Church will be Translated (Raptured) away from this sin-cursed world before the Tribulation.

HE REPLIED-
                          Interesting thing about these examples...none of the people mentioned ever physically left the earth...God protected them while they were still here................
                          Noah's ark was a type of rapture, Noah and his family were delivered from God's wrath

Comment

• Originally posted by acceptedinthebeloved View Post
                            It might be better to compare the Church to Enoch (who was "translated that he should not see death," BEFORE the judgment of the flood) and the trib saints to Noah, preserved through the flood judgment (like in the trib), to carry on, upon the earth, afterward... (in the earthly Millennial Kingdom).

That's how I see it.

Hebrews 11:5
                            Elijah defended God's word and was "ascended to Heaven" (by chariot or soemthing like that) as well. The main point is that God does not punish the righteous with the wicked. The church has God's righteousness imputed to them by grace thru faith.

And all the tribulation is wrath as the scroll in Revelation is a two sided scroll, which ALWAYS refers to wrath in the Bible. In the big picture, we can see crystal clear that the church will not be here during THE tribulation or last 7 years before the 2nd coming.

I find a lot of people who abandon the pre-trib rapture don't have a strong faith in what the Bible says. They are blown like a ship on the waters by the winds of uncertainty. Many see the signs around us showing that time is short and since we haven't been raptured yet, instead of trusting on God, they have started to fall away from the faith, both in Jesus and in the Bible.
                            Rapture Forums Ministries - Rapture Forums

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
                              Noah's ark was a type of rapture, Noah and his family were delivered from God's wrath
                              Yep.
                              Rapture Forums Ministries - Rapture Forums

Comment

• ME-
                                Compare the Church to Enoch (who was "translated that he should not see death," BEFORE the judgment of the flood) and the trib saints to Noah, preserved through the flood judgment (like in the trib).

HIM-
                                How do these "trib saints" become saints if the Holy Spirit is no longer on the earth?

Comment

Working...
                                X