Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with all the disasters lately?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Well, I maintain that the judgment of God is upon the USA. Many things form the constant series of national disasters since Katrina to the purine caprice of the elected President all lead me to that conclusion. I think the point is terminal and beyond debate. Surly it is time to take the gospel to the unsaved.

    As I write the Atlas Fire which burns in Napa and Solano counties in Calipornia is built eight miles form my house. The smoke is overpowering. We have the importaint things packed and ready to go. Some we love who were closer have already evacuated. We may follow within a few hours if wind direction and velocity change for the worse. With ancient Job I realize, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away; blesses be the Name of the Lord.

    God's elect have often been resident in lands which He judges. Nevertheless He takes care of them. Our case is no different today.

    Marvin

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by G Moorish View Post
      Well, I maintain that the judgment of God is upon the USA. Many things form the constant series of national disasters since Katrina to the purine caprice of the elected President all lead me to that conclusion. I think the point is terminal and beyond debate. Surly it is time to take the gospel to the unsaved.

      As I write the Atlas Fire which burns in Napa and Solano counties in Calipornia is built eight miles form my house. The smoke is overpowering. We have the importaint things packed and ready to go. Some we love who were closer have already evacuated. We may follow within a few hours if wind direction and velocity change for the worse. With ancient Job I realize, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away; blesses be the Name of the Lord.

      God's elect have often been resident in lands which He judges. Nevertheless He takes care of them. Our case is no different today.

      Marvin
      Prayers for you and your loved ones, Marvin!

      I do think itís interesting that this is happening in wine country. Makes me think of Isiah 63:3-
      ďI have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury...Ē though I know thatís not meaning at this time period. And no I donít mean this directed at you personally Marvin. praying
      Toots

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by BlessdMomUv5 View Post
        Prayers for you and your loved ones, Marvin!

        I do think itís interesting that this is happening in wine country. Makes me think of Isiah 63:3-
        ďI have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury...Ē though I know thatís not meaning at this time period. And no I donít mean this directed at you personally Marvin. praying
        Praying for your safety and that your house will be spared. We just endured Hurricane Irma here in Florida so I know how it feels to be in harms way. Also, I wanted to scream every time I heard a reporter use the term, "mother nature"!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by G Moorish View Post
          Well, I maintain that the judgment of God is upon the USA. Many things form the constant series of national disasters since Katrina to the purine caprice of the elected President all lead me to that conclusion. I think the point is terminal and beyond debate. Surly it is time to take the gospel to the unsaved.

          As I write the Atlas Fire which burns in Napa and Solano counties in Calipornia is built eight miles form my house. The smoke is overpowering. We have the importaint things packed and ready to go. Some we love who were closer have already evacuated. We may follow within a few hours if wind direction and velocity change for the worse. With ancient Job I realize, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away; blesses be the Name of the Lord.

          God's elect have often been resident in lands which He judges. Nevertheless He takes care of them. Our case is no different today.

          Marvin
          I'm also praying for you! Let us know how you're doing when you can!

          Comment


          • #20
            Adding prayers as well Marvin.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Praying for you and your family, Marvin. Please give an update over the next day or two if you can.

              Comment


              • #22
                Praying for the safety of you and your family.
                Jeremiah 32:27
                Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh, is there anything too hard for Me?


                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by G Moorish View Post
                  Well, I maintain that the judgment of God is upon the USA. Many things form the constant series of national disasters since Katrina to the purine caprice of the elected President all lead me to that conclusion. I think the point is terminal and beyond debate. Surly it is time to take the gospel to the unsaved.

                  As I write the Atlas Fire which burns in Napa and Solano counties in Calipornia is built eight miles form my house. The smoke is overpowering. We have the importaint things packed and ready to go. Some we love who were closer have already evacuated. We may follow within a few hours if wind direction and velocity change for the worse. With ancient Job I realize, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away; blesses be the Name of the Lord.

                  God's elect have often been resident in lands which He judges. Nevertheless He takes care of them. Our case is no different today.

                  Marvin
                  Marvin praying for you physical safety and the safety of your home and property.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Praying for your safety Marvin. I think all these fires springing up almost all at the same time very suspicious.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Praying for you Marvin since you posted your situation yesterday
                      John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Praying for you, Marvin! My Uncle Jack lives in Santa Rosa and his son, just two blocks from him, lost everything day before yesterday. The pictures he sent us are just tragic! So many disasters in the last few months!
                        Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Thank you ALL for your kind prayers and supplications on our behalf. We are safe and the house still stands! Praise be to our Lord Most High! Certainly the effectual and fervent prayers of a righteous man availeth much. Thank you!

                          Thanks also to the efforts of firemen and aircrews eight miles is as close at wildfire Atlas got to us. They estimate 47% containment has been achieved, Several air drops of fire retardant were laid down yesterday between us and the wildfire. Nevertheless the air quality has at times been quite oppressive.

                          As a chronic asthmatic I have several substantial HEPA air filters. We are using those to filter particulates in rooms we are using. They do well to abate the smokey smell in limited spaces. We also use NIOSH approved air masks whenever we go outside. Many people use filter masks outside in its atmosphere.

                          Untill this morning we have kept windows and doors closed. Right now for time being the wind direction allows us to air the house so we are taking advantage. When the winds change again that pleasantness will quickly be over and we we will bubble in.

                          Some in the fellowship who were compelled to abandon their domiciles have returned. But things remain tenuous. Local winds often are in the mid 20's with gusting into the 30's and 40's. It was 60 mph gusts that caused the fires to reach disastrous magnitude last Sunday night. If winds rise like that again uncertainties will return


                          Marvin

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by grace-saved View Post
                            Praying for you, Marvin! My Uncle Jack lives in Santa Rosa and his son, just two blocks from him, lost everything day before yesterday. The pictures he sent us are just tragic! So many disasters in the last few months!
                            I shall pray for your cousin in Santa Rosa. So tragic to hear about his/their loss. The situation in Santa Rosa is just staggering. So many homes were lost before first responders could get there. The winds were blowing the fire at 60 mph and there was only time for many people just to get away. Some couldn't.

                            We really don't know how fragile our life and livelihood here in this world is until times like these. I have observed that people are more open to the Gospel when they have been moved out of their comfort zone. Perhaps if believers were more vigilant to become involved with them, acts of God might bring glory to Him through souls saved. This I have learned in the aftermath of earthquakes. Yet, I admonish myself too. There remain many opportunities. Our Lord is still saving sinners.

                            Marvin

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by G Moorish View Post
                              Thank you ALL for your kind prayers and supplications on our behalf. We are safe and the house still stands! Praise be to our Lord Most High! Certainly the effectual and fervent prayers of a righteous man availeth much. Thank you!

                              Thanks also to the efforts of firemen and aircrews eight miles is as close at wildfire Atlas got to us. They estimate 47% containment has been achieved, Several air drops of fire retardant were laid down yesterday between us and the wildfire. Nevertheless the air quality has at times been quite oppressive.

                              As a chronic asthmatic I have several substantial HEPA air filters. We are using those to filter particulates in rooms we are using. They do well to abate the smokey smell in limited spaces. We also use NIOSH approved air masks whenever we go outside. Many people use filter masks outside in its atmosphere.

                              Untill this morning we have kept windows and doors closed. Right now for time being the wind direction allows us to air the house so we are taking advantage. When the winds change again that pleasantness will quickly be over and we we will bubble in.

                              Some in the fellowship who were compelled to abandon their domiciles have returned. But things remain tenuous. Local winds often are in the mid 20's with gusting into the 30's and 40's. It was 60 mph gusts that caused the fires to reach disastrous magnitude last Sunday night. If winds rise like that again uncertainties will return


                              Marvin
                              Marvin, so glad to hear this. Continuing to pray for you. I am a fellow asthmatic and know how difficult changes in air quality can be...I cannot even run the fireplace in my home....

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Marvin - So glad you and your family are safe. We live in a treacherous world.
                                The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X