Stock Market Crash in 2017 and Prophesy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by logosone View Post
    Not sure if many are aware,( I didn't know) but there was a market crash in 1917... interesting factoid......

http://www.worststockmarketcrashes.c...arket-crashes/
    The graph indicates that 1917 was a positive year for the financial markets. I think the article title should be worst bear markets as opposed to crashes.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
      The graph indicates that 1917 was a positive year for the financial markets. I think the article title should be worst bear markets as opposed to crashes.
      It appeared to me that a downturn had started in 1916 and bottomed out in '17
      Not a high finance expert here.... So I'll gladly stand corrected
      sigpic
      I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
      Psalm 16:8 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by logosone View Post
        It appeared to me that a downturn had started in 1916 and bottomed out in '17
        Not a high finance expert here.... So I'll gladly stand corrected
        I might have squiggly line dyslexia... Another source indicates the DOW started 1917 at about 96 and finished at about 76. Going back to the chart, it doesn't mark where the '17 year starts in the chart, but it looks like there was a significant market drop at the end of '16 and continuing into early '17 before the Markets began a recovery. Except for the beginning period of '17, it was mostly a recovery year.

From looking at that chart, I'd say there were at least a few market crashes during 2016, one that continued into early '17 before a recovery followed. When I view the market in terms of multiple years, I think bull or bear market. Crashes for me have always been something that happens in a day, several days, and occasionally up to several months, often indicating a bear market. Maybe I'm out to lunch on that...
        Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

I didn't have time to review it this morning, but was pretty sure there were some blips on the downside for at least 15 months? One thing I'm certain of, these market gurus ( Jim Rodgers had a Drudge link just today), seem to thrive on Doom prognostication. We're running at least seven years on from when we we're all supposed to be scrounging dumpsters, so as I have slowly learned and keep learning with prophecy, hold your cards closely and don't go berserker everytime someone "knows" exactly what will happen.
          sigpic
          I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
          Psalm 16:8 KJV

Comment

Working...
          X