Stock Market Crash in 2017 and Prophesy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehbowen View Post
    Depends. On what ELSE is going on at the time. Yes, if 70 million people, including several million in the United States, disappear on a slow news day, it certainly will be masthead top giant print news.

However, if that moment is accompanied by, say, a worldwide nuclear exchange, or an asteroid impact, or the Yellowstone supervolcano cooking off, or (you get the picture)...then, IMHO, not so much.
    Or if Kim Kardashian sat down funny, or if Clinton said something, or... In all seriousness, as soon as they figure out that most that disappeared were conservative, the news networks will probably celebrate.
    "And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
    -Joel 2: 30-32a

Comment

Originally posted by Shonsu View Post

Or aliens
      I still think this will be the excuse. We are at Yellowstone and one of the info boards flat out said (as if it was 100% fact) that if this specific rock formation was found on a different planet it meant life existed on it. :confused

Me and the kids had a good chuckle at one pic. Well a little sad cause people believe it. There was also a board that said the magma makes the wall grow 5ft in TWO YEARS. It had a picture from 2009 and 2011. If you did the math with the ENTIRE Yellowstone elevation it comes out to 5125 years to get that high
      Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Originally posted by ehbowen View Post
        Depends. On what ELSE is going on at the time. Yes, if 70 million people, including several million in the United States, disappear on a slow news day, it certainly will be masthead top giant print news.

However, if that moment is accompanied by, say, a worldwide nuclear exchange, or an asteroid impact, or the Yellowstone supervolcano cooking off, or (you get the picture)...then, IMHO, not so much.
        Everything you mentioned, that could possibly compete for headlines against the rapture, are either natural or man made (nuclear war). The rapture is supernatural--trust me, it'll get their attention.

Originally posted by BAF View Post
        To sum up the AC doesn't need a big catastrophe he has all he needs - Man's laziness, ignorance and greed to achieve his agenda right now. All that being said I would immensely love it if the rapture were today.
        Agreed! Concerning the MOB technology; i.e.; RFID, etc., I really think it'll be a mature technology by the time the Anti-Christ arrives on the scene--though after 9 months, they will learn the effects of constantly radiating your skin. And we know God's warning on those who receive it. But from a secular standpoint, it really does make a lot of sense to require all people, great and small, rich and poor, to receive it. Think of the chaos after the rapture. Think of the possibility for identity theft (though we won't care). Also, right now, look at how the central banks are trying to manipulate the economies around the world. If you understand the concept of their negative interest rate policy, you'll understand why they want us to go to a cashless society.

Originally posted by Beloved View Post
        Or if Kim Kardashian sat down funny
        What! Kim Kardashian sat down funny..... Link?? NOT!

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
        I still think this will be the excuse.
        Referring to aliens, so do I.

And Shonsu, I still stand by my earlier post..... It'll be HUGE

Comment

I know that I am getting totally off-topic, but this is a thought I've had for a while. probably because I have two children - my deceased husband's children - who are not saved. (My three kids are.)

These two kids are very focused on getting an inheritance when I die. They already refer to what I have as "their" money. DH and I set up a family trust to make sure anything left in our estate gets dispatched fairly upon my death. Well here is the problem I see...........

When we are taken up by Jesus, our bodies are changed and go with us. That means there is no proof of our death, and consequently, no death certificates can be issued. With no death certificates, no insurance policies will pay out, and no trusts or even wills can be dealt with for seven years, when legally, one can be deemed dead. Seven years is about all the time of the tribulation period. So, should the rapture happen before my natural death, these two kids are probably never going to see the money from my estate. Multiply that scenario by millions and you can see the mass hysteria, depression and chaos that could imply.

This world is not a pretty place now...........but, it is going to be a VERY ugly place when the rapture takes place and after. The media can blame whatever they like for it, but it won't change the outcome.

I just keep praying that these two people will open their eyes, ears and hearts and see who Jesus is before it is too late, and accept Him as their Savior. Nothing else on this earth matters.

Just my musings..........
          Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by Ole Buzzard View Post
            And Shonsu, I still stand by my earlier post..... It'll be HUGE
            I guess the main influence on my view of how many are truly saved in this day is the picture of the current church in the letter to the Laodicean church, which I believe represents this time period. Also, this verse comes to mind: "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it" (Matthew 7:14).

When I look out and survey the landscape of today's visible church I see mainly a dead husk. But it's ok, we can disagree on this. It's a minor detail.

Comment

Kathy, My heart goes out to you. It's funny how family members act when it comes to money. I never thought of money as the root of all evil, it's only an amplifier of what's in the persons heart. I sense that you and your husband already knew of potential problems, so you setup a trust. Very wise on your part.

Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
              These two kids are very focused on getting an inheritance when I die. They already refer to what I have as "their" money. DH and I set up a family trust to make sure anything left in our estate gets dispatched fairly upon my death.
              In reading your "musings," I must say I was a little irritated with above quote. I'm sure it angers you too. My first reaction was, "Kathy, you need to go on a real long, expensive cruise around the world. But don't listen to me.... That's my angry advice--not good.

Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
              Well here is the problem I see...........

When we are taken up by Jesus, our bodies are changed and go with us. That means there is no proof of our death, and consequently, no death certificates can be issued. With no death certificates, no insurance policies will pay out, and no trusts or even wills can be dealt with for seven years, when legally, one can be deemed dead. Seven years is about all the time of the tribulation period. So, should the rapture happen before my natural death, these two kids are probably never going to see the money from my estate. Multiply that scenario by millions and you can see the mass hysteria, depression and chaos that could imply.

This world is not a pretty place now...........but, it is going to be a VERY ugly place when the rapture takes place and after. The media can blame whatever they like for it, but it won't change the outcome.

I just keep praying that these two people will open their eyes, ears and hearts and see who Jesus is before it is too late, and accept Him as their Savior. Nothing else on this earth matters.

Just my musings..........
              Kathy
              As far as the legality issues, I won't get too worked up over that. As you pointed out, those who are left behind, they got bigger things to worry about. Money will only last so long, and when hyperinflation kicks in, it'll wipe out whats left of that. If you ever studied the Tribulation period concerning the seals, trumpets, and bowls of judgement, the totality of those judgements is pretty much a near extension event. They need the Lord, Kathy. Sometimes free-will stinks, cause your children aren't making the right eternal decisions. However, it's still their choice on whether to accept or reject His gift of salvation. I pray the God will give your children every opportunity to accept that gift, and that the Holy Spirit will pierce their conscience of that need.

Comment

I guess the main influence on my view of how many are truly saved in this day is the picture of the current church in the letter to the Laodicean church, which I believe represents this time period. Also, this verse comes to mind: "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it" (Matthew 7:14).

When I look out and survey the landscape of today's visible church I see mainly a dead husk. But it's ok, we can disagree on this. It's a minor detail.
                No problem Shonsu, and I totally understand your point of view. For me, however, even if the number is under 1 million Christ followers, that supernatural event will shake men to their core. No doubt you'll have plenty of video of people milling about there life, then in a blink of an eye, they're gone. I really think that "jolt" is needed, so that mankind will admit it doesn't know everything, and people will be more willing to turn to the one world, government sanctioned, religion.

One other thing, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding from reading commentaries, that the Holy Spirit is also removed from the earth at that moment. That'll leave a mark!

Comment

Originally posted by Ole Buzzard View Post
                  No problem Shonsu, and I totally understand your point of view. For me, however, even if the number is under 1 million Christ followers, that supernatural event will shake men to their core. No doubt you'll have plenty of video of people milling about there life, then in a blink of an eye, they're gone. I really think that "jolt" is needed, so that mankind will admit it doesn't know everything, and people will be more willing to turn to the one world, government sanctioned, religion.

One other thing, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding from reading commentaries, that the Holy Spirit is also removed from the earth at that moment. That'll leave a mark!

From what I understand He will still be here working as He did in the Old Testament. He will still "come upon" and use people but will not "dwell" within them. The relationship will be different.

Comment

From what I understand He will still be here working as He did in the Old Testament. He will still "come upon" and use people but will not "dwell" within them. The relationship will be different.
                    It seems like if we use the dispensation outline it should be much in the ways of Moses and the Temple. I don't know how to put it into proper context but the Law of God was meant to show Israel their need for a messiah. Since Daniels prophecy is "stopped" it will need to "restart" and the Law will again be in effect to show them Christ is the Messiah.

Not sure if I said all that clearly.
                    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
                      It seems like if we use the dispensation outline it should be much in the ways of Moses and the Temple. I don't know how to put it into proper context but the Law of God was meant to show Israel their need for a messiah. Since Daniels prophecy is "stopped" it will need to "restart" and the Law will again be in effect to show them Christ is the Messiah.

Not sure if I said all that clearly.

Rev 8:1-5, for example (which I think is showing things IN the tribulation period, well into it IMO), refers to things only associated with the Day of Atonement [Yom Kippur].

Comment

I get the feeling that the world will notice when the Rapture happens. Whenever I read this verse, it reads to me as if the Beast is not only mocking God, but mocking all the Christians who have been called up to heaven. He knows where we have disappeared to.

"And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven." (Revelation 13:6)

I can imagine him pointing his finger angrily into the sky and referring to Christians as "those idiots up there who were not worthy to live among us."

Or something like that.

ETA: Just thought of something else. All the graves of the dead in Christ will be opened, and their bodies will be taken up. I don't know how anyone could miss noticing this.
                        Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Comment

Originally posted by Haeddre View Post
                          I get the feeling that the world will notice when the Rapture happens. Whenever I read this verse, it reads to me as if the Beast is not only mocking God, but mocking all the Christians who have been called up to heaven. He knows where we have disappeared to.

"And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven." (Revelation 13:6)

I can imagine him pointing his finger angrily into the sky and referring to Christians as "those idiots up there who were not worthy to live among us."

Or something like that.

ETA: Just thought of something else. All the graves of the dead in Christ will be opened, and their bodies will be taken up. I don't know how anyone could miss noticing this.

Just to be clear, I never said that the world would not notice. I said that I don't think it (the rapture) is going to be the cataclysmic end-of-the-world scenario that is often played out in books and media. I don't think it is going to cause an economic collapse or anything like that. I think it will be noticed but then glossed over fairly quickly. The world will go back to what it is doing and it will be business as usual as they are caught completely unaware at the start of the tribulation.

Comment

Just to be clear, I never said that the world would not notice. I said that I don't think it (the rapture) is going to be the cataclysmic end-of-the-world scenario that is often played out in books and media. I don't think it is going to cause an economic collapse or anything like that. I think it will be noticed but then glossed over fairly quickly. The world will go back to what it is doing and it will be business as usual as they are caught completely unaware at the start of the tribulation.
                            IF there is indeed a gap in time between the rapture and the actual start of the 70th that is actually an accurate description IMHO

Comment

Not sure if many are aware,( I didn't know) but there was a market crash in 1917... interesting factoid......

http://www.worststockmarketcrashes.c...arket-crashes/
                              sigpic
                              I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
                              Psalm 16:8 KJV

Comment

We all know we live in a terrible world where nothing shocks or offends people any more, but here in the UK and I am sure it's the same in most Christian democracies, we are still terribly upset and concerned at both collective and personal levels when someone goes missing.

If this happens and it's a child or an old person who goes wandering off, it's on all the news channels and papers, accompanied by large police searches and a genuine concern for the missing by all.

10's or even 100's of millions of people waking up and finding their wives/husbands/children missing or they just disappear into thin air, will rock the whole world for years after the event.

God will choose his blink of the eye moment carefully (He already knows when that will be) so that it causes the most noticeable disruption and publicity across the whole planet.

Make no mistake the rapture will be a total catastrophe for those who remain for the rest of their time alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X