Earthquakes In Diverse Places

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by caligal View Post
    When it goes it will be explosive because of all the steaming hot water on top of the magma. They say it is due and maybe over due. I think it will be one of the things that will make the US of no consequence during the trib.
    There will be explosions, that is true, but if it goes as one big one, most of the US West of the Mississippi will be destroyed. If it goes in a series of blasts and eruptions over a period of months or years, then the destruction will be concentrated in a much smaller region (a few hundred miles across). As of now, I am convinced no one (except God) knows which will happen.

Comment

• I thought maybe it was winding down again, but in the last 24 hours it has had several shocks of 3 or higher.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by caligal View Post
        I thought maybe it was winding down again, but in the last 24 hours it has had several shocks of 3 or higher.
        Which one: Yellowstone, Cascadia or Montana?

Comment

• Yellowstone, only this time on the other side of the caldera.
          sigpic

Comment

• Russia earthquake: Magnitude 7.8 quake off far east coastline triggers US tsunami warning

A powerful 7.8 magnitude earthquake which struck oft Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula triggered a tsunami warning for parts of the Pacific.

The quake struck some 125 miles (200 km) from the city of Nikolskoye on Bering Island off the Kamchatka Peninsula.
            The epicentre was west of Attu, the westernmost and largest island in the Near Islands group of Alaska's remote Aleutian Islands.

It prompted a tsunami advisory for Alaska's remote Aleutian Islands and the Kamchatka branch of Russia's emergency ministry warned of waves up to 50cm (1-2/2 feet) high could reach Nikolskyoe.

Source article: https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-ea...070200162.html
            Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
              A powerful 7.8 magnitude earthquake which struck oft Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula triggered a tsunami warning for parts of the Pacific.

The quake struck some 125 miles (200 km) from the city of Nikolskoye on Bering Island off the Kamchatka Peninsula.
              The epicentre was west of Attu, the westernmost and largest island in the Near Islands group of Alaska's remote Aleutian Islands.

It prompted a tsunami advisory for Alaska's remote Aleutian Islands and the Kamchatka branch of Russia's emergency ministry warned of waves up to 50cm (1-2/2 feet) high could reach Nikolskyoe.

Source article: https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-ea...070200162.html
              I haven't heard any further reports, but since I live (deliberately) in a seismically dead zone,
              I don't have any news feeds that would highlight them, unless they are exceptional.

Comment

• 7.8 that seems larger than what has been reported for quite a while.
                John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

• Is anyone here following user Dutchsinse on Youtube or Twitch? I followed him for a few months earlier this year, and found him to be very informative. I thought some here might be interested to check out his videos. He has spent years teaching himself how to understand and forecast earthquakes. He uses a computer earth model program called Earthquake3D and has combined various seismology feeds into one giant live earthquake map. He is quite detailed in his explanations of how, why, when and where earthquakes happen. They travel in a pattern, and once you know the pattern, you can have a rough idea of the next when and where.

He is so on point, that he's made some professionals in seismology look inept, which, in turn, has caused him to make enemies. It would appear the scientists, for whatever reason, are not reporting all of the earthquakes that are actually happening (specifically in the Pacific Northwest), but because Dutchsinse has feeds from non-U.S. seismology centers, he can see the ones they aren't reporting! At least they weren't when I was watching. Youtube dropped his livefeed repeatedly, and he had hackers directly attacking his home computer during his livestreams, which caused his whole program to go haywire. I saw all this stuff happen for days on end during his live broadcasts. It was crazy! He almost quit several times.

He also uses Google Earth to explore just how vast the fracking operations are in the southern/midwestern U.S. You can actually zoom in to see the thousands of drilling stations. All of this overdrilling has caused a new fault line to form, and that is why they are now having so many earthquakes in that area (Oklahoma, WV, Texas, etc.)

Anyway, lots and lots of interesting information, and I just thought I'd mention him. He said he used to be an atheist, but is now a Christian. He spends almost all of his time working on reporting earthquakes, and puts a lot of pressure on himself to get info out for the people in earthquake zones. He feels responsible for their safety. He's a smart, giving guy, and I hope he's found a way to give himself some regular breaks since I saw him last.

His earthquake reporting program is running live 24/7. It looks like he does his daily report around 5:00PM EST.

https://www.youtube.com/user/dutchsinse
                  https://www.twitch.tv/dutchsinseofficial
                  Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Comment

• Originally posted by Haeddre View Post
                    He is so on point, that he's made some professionals in seismology look inept, which, in turn, has caused him to make enemies.
                    Sounds like the guy who I read for financial analysis. Made lots of really accurate forecasts until he blew a few of them. His own words were something to the effect of:
                    Even if your fundamentals are good, if you make enough forecasts, sooner or later you will make yourself look like an idiot.

It would appear the scientists, for whatever reason, are not reporting all of the earthquakes that are actually happening (specifically in the Pacific Northwest),
                    I could understand if they weren't reporting all of the ones off shore, but I doubt that they are hiding quakes that occur on land, because people would talk. Also, I wonder if he can differentiate between true quakes and reflections of shockwaves generated by explosives being used in, for instance, N. and S. Korea.

He also uses Google Earth to explore just how vast the fracking operations are in the southern/midwestern U.S. You can actually zoom in to see the thousands of drilling stations. All of this overdrilling has caused a new fault line to form, and that is why they are now having so many earthquakes in that area (Oklahoma, WV, Texas, etc.)
                    It isn't a new fault. Been their forever, but the fracking may be making it worse.
                    We are still studying the situation.

Anyway, lots and lots of interesting information, and I just thought I'd mention him. He said he used to be an atheist, but is now a Christian. He spends almost all of his time working on reporting earthquakes, ...
                    Did he ever say what he used to do, before he became a Christian?
                    There are lots of more immediate and relevant threats in his neck of the woods.

Comment

• I ran across him recently. It is really interesting. I heard that he is 80% accurate. I didn't know much about earthquakes, but what he says makes sense.
                      Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

• I have been following him for a while now. He is quite informative and, as you said, he feels a responsibility for the people in the areas he is watching. He also gives info on how to be ready and what to do in the event of a quake in your area. I really like his reports.
                        Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wishing4 View Post
                          I ran across him recently. It is really interesting. I heard that he is 80% accurate. I didn't know much about earthquakes, but what he says makes sense.
                          Originally posted by grace-saved View Post
                          I have been following him for a while now. He is quite informative and, as you said, he feels a responsibility for the people in the areas he is watching. He also gives info on how to be ready and what to do in the event of a quake in your area. I really like his reports.
                          Whether he is 80% accurate or 40%, if he gives good advice on
                          how to be ready, I would go ahead and watch him if you find him
                          interesting. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in his forecasts, since,
                          if he is 80% accurate, then he is also 20% inaccurate,
                          and the only quake that matters is the one you are in.

You might notice I didn't quit reading the financial guy's column
                          even when he got a bunch of things wrong. But I don't bet my
                          life savings on what any one guy says.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
                            Sounds like the guy who I read for financial analysis. Made lots of really accurate forecasts until he blew a few of them.

His own words were something to the effect of:
                            Even if your fundamentals are good, if you make enough forecasts, sooner or later you will make yourself look like an idiot.
                            Yeah, it's best not to put all our trust into one person. We all make mistakes, and are guaranteed to be let down. God is the only one Who has a 100% track record.

From the times I've seen Dutch make a mistake, he acknowledged it and tried to learn from it and improve. He repeatedly states that he does not predict earthquakes with absolute certainty. He's more a forecaster/estimator, and so far, he's had a very good track record.

Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
                            I could understand if they weren't reporting all of the ones off shore, but I doubt that they are hiding quakes that occur on land, because people would talk.
                            I think some of them were offshore. Since they're all interconnected, though, each one is important and should be reported. Unfortunately, most people don't care particularly much or aren't paying attention. Scientists have said they can't tell when or where an earthquake might happen, so that's what people believe.

Also, I wonder if he can differentiate between true quakes and reflections of shockwaves generated by explosives being used in, for instance, N. and S. Korea.
                            Hmm. Does USGS differentiate between the two? He's using USGS feeds, as well as Europe and NZ. This may have been addressed at some point recently. Since earthquakes seem to follow a discernable pattern, it would be reasonable to think that any readings outside the expected direction could be investigated and possibly explained by what we know to be happening in that detected area (explosions in NK). I'm not sure, but good question.

It isn't a new fault. Been their forever, but the fracking may be making it worse.
                            I guess I used the wrong terminology. The destabilization of pressure caused by the over fracking is altering the course of the fault plane. I guess we're thinking similarly.

You're studying the situation? Do you work in geology? I'm sorry if I missed you talking about it. Since this all seems to interest you, maybe you would enjoy Dutch's videos.

Did he ever say what he used to do, before he became a Christian?
                            As far as a career? I'm not really sure. I only learned he was a Christian when he mentioned it in a couple of his videos.

There are lots of more immediate and relevant threats in his neck of the woods.
                            I don't see the problem. It's between him and God. He feels called to do this in order to help people in earthquake prone areas, and he has been successful in warning people. The Italians have a lot of affection for him. I can't fault that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haeddre View Post
                              Posted by TRex2 View Post
                              I guess I used the wrong terminology. The destabilization of pressure caused by the over fracking is altering the course of the fault plane. I guess we're thinking similarly.
                              Yes, we are thinking alike.

You're studying the situation? Do you work in geology? I'm sorry if I missed you talking about it. Since this all seems to interest you, maybe you would enjoy Dutch's videos.
                              I worked in a college geology lab about 40 years ago, that is where I learned how to interpret data and terminology. I watch disasters, and forecasts of them, partly out of interest in prophesy, partly out of simple curiosity. Partly, I have always just been a science geek. I appreciate the thought.

I don't see the problem. It's between him and God. He feels called to do this in order to help people in earthquake prone areas, and he has been successful in warning people. The Italians have a lot of affection for him. I can't fault that.
                              OK, you have a point, and I hadn't considered Italy, or the fault line that runs the length of the Mediterranean.

I have this bad habit of thinking everyone should be like me. That
                              is a flaw, and I should, instead, thank God most people are not...

God gave each of us a unique calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
                                I worked in a college geology lab about 40 years ago, that is where I learned how to interpret data and terminology. I watch disasters, and forecasts of them, partly out of interest in prophesy, partly out of simple curiosity. Partly, I have always just been a science geek. I appreciate the thought.
                                That's cool! It must have been a great experience to get to work first-hand with it. I'm sure the knowledge you gained makes everything that much more understandable and enjoyable when you're reading or watching it now. I don't know very much about geology or seismology, but I do like learning about it. I always wanted to be an archaeologist. Still do.

I have this bad habit of thinking everyone should be like me. That
                                is a flaw, and I should, instead, thank God most people are not...

God gave each of us a unique calling.
                                I hear you. I tend to do the same thing. Conversely, I also have a bad habit of nitpicking at myself. I'm just glad God's love won't change or go away, despite the mistakes I make.

Thanks for the conversation.

Comment

Working...
                                X