Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is experiencing bizarre weather?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've been saying for a number of years that our seasons are sliding sideways

Comment

Originally posted by Poppycat View Post
      Well here on the west coast of Australia we had the opposite experience to $teve. Our summer has been extremely dry and hot. We had 8 or nine series of days up to and in excess of 40 deg. celcius (38 is the old 100 deg. F). For it to be a record it has to be maintained for a few days in a row and when you factor in other days either side of 36, 37 deg. you could say it gets a bit much. We had one summer storm that actually bought rain one day (it was a Friday) other than that nothing. Had to spray Drought Proof on my camelias and do a lot of hand watering because we are only allowed to water by retic 2 days a week. Almost at the end of our first month of autumn and today is going to be 30 but at least the nights are cooling off to around 16deg. Supposed to have a shower tomorrow(Sun.) and Monday but I will believe it when I see it because last year and this, if rain is predicted, it seems to be selective - have a shower in one suburb and not in others.
      Hey Poppycat thanks for sharing. I wondered if it was a little hotter over there than usual, but wasn't sure because WA is always hot. The country is divided into two between west and east where our weather has tipped the scales very disproportionally, and with a rather unusual earthquake somewhere in the center!
      sigpic

Luke 21:28

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

Comment

I live on the upper eastern shore of Maryland. At this time of year it is usually still pretty cold and sleet and freezing rain are common. Well this year the kids have had 2 hour delays from school because of FOG! Fog in the morning as thick as pea soup. Very weird. I don't ever remember school being delayed for this.

Comment

I live in northern Ohio. I just read that we have had the mildest winter in 141 years!

What is God trying to tell us?
          2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

Comment

No doubt in my mind!

I have a very strong opinion,no doubt in my mind, that this weather is one more indicator of the nearness of Jesus' return.
            Since I was a very young child, and now I'm almost 65, that thought has been ingrained in me and I truly believe that we will see Jesus very soon now. Everything seems to be in place for what's to happen in the tribulation. I truly believe that it is literally any second now. I am not setting dates as I am adamently opposed to it, in complete agreement and compliance with the rules and regulations of this wonderfull website where I love to fellowship with other brothers and sisters in Christ.
            Thank you to all who make it possible. I hope to meet everyone connected in any way in Heaven just any second now!

Comment

Originally posted by $teve View Post
              Hey Poppycat thanks for sharing. I wondered if it was a little hotter over there than usual, but wasn't sure because WA is always hot. The country is divided into two between west and east where our weather has tipped the scales very disproportionally, and with a rather unusual earthquake somewhere in the center!
              Well $teve, we are still waiting for those showers I mentioned. Looked quite promising early this morning, lovely purplish blue clouds coming in from the ocean ...... and just kept on going Just a few very high white puffs now that make the sun a bit more intense. You reacon we're going to break down the middle?? What would the two halves be called? Maybe Aussie and Oy

Comment

Originally posted by vicki View Post
                I have a very strong opinion,no doubt in my mind, that this weather is one more indicator of the nearness of Jesus' return.
                Since I was a very young child, and now I'm almost 65, that thought has been ingrained in me and I truly believe that we will see Jesus very soon now. Everything seems to be in place for what's to happen in the tribulation. I truly believe that it is literally any second now. I am not setting dates as I am adamently opposed to it, in complete agreement and compliance with the rules and regulations of this wonderfull website where I love to fellowship with other brothers and sisters in Christ.
                Thank you to all who make it possible. I hope to meet everyone connected in any way in Heaven just any second now!
                I remember reading something in the Bible that said If you can not tell one season from another that you are in the last days.Does anyone else remember reading something similar to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Poppycat View Post
                  Well $teve, we are still waiting for those showers I mentioned. Looked quite promising early this morning, lovely purplish blue clouds coming in from the ocean ...... and just kept on going Just a few very high white puffs now that make the sun a bit more intense. You reacon we're going to break down the middle?? What would the two halves be called? Maybe Aussie and Oy
                  It would be called um, er, oh! Western Australia! And um, er, oh! Eastern Australia!
                  sigpic

Luke 21:28

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

Comment

Originally posted by $teve View Post
                    It would be called um, er, oh! Western Australia! And um, er, oh! Eastern Australia!
                    Nah! Too prosaic. Maybe..........Sizzlearea and say Splasharoo

Comment

Originally posted by IMSAVED View Post
                      I remember reading something in the Bible that said If you can not tell one season from another that you are in the last days.Does anyone else remember reading something similar to this?

I do not think that is possible until God's wrath destroys and then rebuilds the earth. We know in that time the sun will turn dark and no longer shine. The moon will turn blood red and no longer shine. The stars will fall from the heavens. The physical forces within nature will cease and the whole universe will fall apart and be destroyed in a tremendous, deafening roar. On earth a gigantic earthquake will level most everything. The seas will roar and rage wildly and cause flooding. The earth's atmosphere will be removed, rolling up, and disappearing. The people on earth will be terrified to death and mourn, for the day of their judgment has come.

Genesis 8:22 “While all the days of the earth continue, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, will never cease.”
                      The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Comment

Here is update an about the Weather are so a crazy.............

March has meant 6,000 weather records broken
                        By Chris Dolce, Jonathan Erdman, Nick Wiltgen, weather.com

We've seen an amazing, historic run of record warmth in March 2012. It's been the talk of towns from Minnesota and Michigan to Tennessee and Georgia for a couple of weeks now.

First, consider the sheer number of daily record highs either tied or broken over the past two weeks. The counts in the table below are courtesy of the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) since Mar. 9. Counts from Mar. 23 are still being tabulated and will be posted later.
                        Day # of Records
                        Fri. Mar. 9 101
                        Sat. Mar. 10 105
                        Sun. Mar. 11 189
                        Mon. Mar. 12 138
                        Tue. Mar. 13 218
                        Wed. Mar. 14 460
                        Thu. Mar. 15 662
                        Fri. Mar. 16 496
                        Sat. Mar. 17 565
                        Sun. Mar. 18 586
                        Mon. Mar. 19 510
                        Tue. Mar. 20 710
                        Wed. Mar. 21 575
                        Thu. Mar. 22 295
                        Advertise | AdChoices

If you pull out your calculator and add the numbers up from March 1 through March 22, the total exceeds 6,000! This speaks to the widespread nature and longevity of this warm spell. By the way, there have been only about 250 daily record lows during that same time, a ratio of roughly 24 record highs for every record low.

In a typical March, particularly in the nation's northern tier, you may see, perhaps, one or perhaps two days of record warmth before a sharp cold front brings that spring tease to a screeching halt. Not so in March 2012.

When considering monthly record highs, meaning the warmest temperature on record for the month of March, according to NCDC, there have been 430 such monthly record highs tied or broken!

International Falls, Minn., self-promoted as the "Icebox of the Nation", tied or broke daily record highs 12 of 13 days from Mar. 10-22. This includes a 79-degree reading on March 18, which was the warmest day ever recorded during March in International Falls.

Chicago, Ill., tied or set new daily record highs nine days in a row from March 14-22! In this streak, eight of the days were in the 80s, including an astounding 87-degree high on March 21. The National Weather Service in Chicago recently called the warm spell "historic" and something that is unlikely to be matched in our lifetime.

More top weather stories from weather.com

Wednesday, March 21, both Marquette, Mich., (81 degrees) and Sault Ste. Marie, Mich., (83 degrees) shattered their previous March record highs. In Marquette, it was their earliest-in-season 80+ degree day on record, breaking the old record by 22 days! Despite a shorter period of record in Marquette (records since 1961), that's still an amazing feat.

Thursday, March 22, Detroit, Mich., reached 86 degrees, setting an all-time record high for the month of March. The previous record was set just the day before. Prior to this March 2012 warm spell, the record was 84 degrees set in late March of 1945. If that wasn't enough, their 10-day streak with highs at least in the 70s was their longest such streak so early in the season, topping the previous record by over a month!

Plotted on the interactive map here are the many records set for various cities in this mild March. Zoom in on the map and click on the red locator icons to view the record-breaking information for each location. You will find many cities that have set records for the warmest temperatures so early in the season, monthly records or longest streaks of warm weather so early in the season.

Below is a map of temperature departures from average for the first three weeks of March. Notice the massive swath of much warmer than average air from the Rockies east (brown, red, orange shadings). Many spots are 10 to 15 degrees above average for the month so far!

Chicago, Detroit and Indianapolis are all currently seeing their warmest March on record with only a handful of days to go in the month. Records date back to the 1870s in all of these cities.

(I can't make an image on this...seem not work anyway; please check website below will tell you where get image of weather weird)

This shows temperature departures from average for the first 23 days of March 2012. The brown shadings show where temperatures have been most above average.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...records-broken

Comment

Originally posted by DragonTiger View Post
                          Here is update an about the Weather are so a crazy.............

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...records-broken
                          Wow! Thanks for posting this!

My daughter is in Miami right now and said the weather is perfect and "normal" right now, go figure!
                          " In the end, all we have is our relationship with Jesus Christ." Nearing Midnight

Behold, HE comes, riding on the clouds , shining like the sun, at the trumpet call.
                          Lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee, And out of Zion's hill, salvation comes !

Comment

Here in Central California we had biting frost this winter and until this month had no rain for 60+ consecutive days. That is unusual for us in January - March. This is critical as unless we get more rain and mountain snow, Central California could be looking at a coming draught....pray not!

Comment

Here in South Florida it is already hot....but it's always hot, so nothing new I guess......hot, hot and more hot weather....
                              sigpic

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Comment

We have been breaking records temps all fall, winter and now spring. IT is ridiculous hot over here... Bugs are popping out much earlier and veggies and fruits are expensive because crops are not performing as they should due to the unseasonable temps.
                                Thank you, God, for my salvation!

Comment

Working...
                                X