Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the risks of a government shut down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son is currently in boot camp and his wife and little girl need that money here at home to pay bills.

This makes me so sad.

God is in control.

Take care of our troops, Lord.
    Bible prophecy is not given to scare us, but to prepare us.

sigpic

Comment

Both my son and daughter serve in the USAF. They have both received pay cuts. The bad thing right now is my daughter and her husband are expecting their first child and with this pay cut, well, I pray it doesn't last long. My son just purchased a new car as well...it's just plain sad. Our military are the last ones who this should happen to.
      "Even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Even so....come and take Your Bride away. How my soul longs to be with You, my Lord! Even so, even so, come, Lord Jesus, come!" (Rev. 22:20)...Terry MacAlmon Music Ministries
      sigpic

Comment

Both my wife and I are federal employees. So this will hurt even if its just a couple of days. Having said that, I am more saddened that our military will not be paid. I served in the Army and know how little they are paid and most live paycheck to paycheck.

I heard it said on the radio we are going the way of the Roman empire. Spreading our soldiers out in several wars and then not paying them.

Very sad.

Comment

And now this...more salt in the wound.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110409/...tdown_military

No death benefits for military during shutdown
          Joh 14:6 λεγει αυτω ο ιησους εγω ειμι η οδος και η αληθεια και η ζωη ουδεις ερχεται προς τον πατερα ει μη δι εμου

Joh 14:6 dicit ei Iesus ego sum via et veritas et vita nemo venit ad Patrem nisi per me

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Comment

WASHINGTON In the event of a government shutdown, the Pentagon would have to delay payments of the $100,000 death benefit that families receive if a military service member dies in the line of duty, a senior defense official said Friday,

Families would get the money eventually after the government re-opens, but they could have problems paying expenses, including for the funerals, the official said, adding that the Pentagon will reach out to various military aid agencies to help those who need it.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss personnel details, said as many as 150 death benefits are paid out every month.

Joh 14:6 λεγει αυτω ο ιησους εγω ειμι η οδος και η αληθεια και η ζωη ουδεις ερχεται προς τον πατερα ει μη δι εμου

Joh 14:6 dicit ei Iesus ego sum via et veritas et vita nemo venit ad Patrem nisi per me

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Comment

Originally posted by fl2007rn View Post
              Does anyone know ... Will Obama still get a paycheck if the Govt shuts down? ...
              To answer that one would have to determine if Obama is an "essential" government employee, or a "non-essential" employee...
              "Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."

Comment

Originally posted by cheymat View Post
                And now this...more salt in the wound.....

Comment

It's just shameful what's happening.

Comment

My husband just looked up his mid-month LES and it was cut in half. Thank the LORD we had started saving money when we did. We live just off Ft. Bragg. My husband is stationed at Pope AFB. All of my friends are going through the same thing. At least we're all here to support each other if need be. I pray this gets resolved soon, for the sake of those who have families and live paycheck to paycheck.
                    How long, O Lord?

Comment

Now that's just awful!

Comment

Just absolutely disgusting that they would short-change our military families like that!

Comment

breaking news

Shutdown AVERTED. Both parties agree to a deal in the nick of time.

Another stopgap bill that funds the government until Thursday.

Comment

Deal has been made!!

By DAVID ESPO, AP Special Correspondent David Espo, Ap Special Correspondent 3 mins ago
                            WASHINGTON Perilously close to a midnight deadline, the White House and congressional leaders have reached agreement to cut billions of dollars in spending to avoid the first government shutdown in 15 years.

Breaking on yahoo news

Comment

absurd, Soldiers fight, and protect us from all the lunatics in the world, but if one should die on the lines of duty, hold up the death benefit payout. Give one's life the the USA, but when soldier dies let his family suffer not just the death of a loved one, but set them to financial hardship. Folks, the greed in this country is gone overboard. BP makes record profits in 2010, with the oil spill, the Executives get 2/3's of their safety bonus for millions.
                              Warrior 4 Christ

Comment

A delay is not a non-payment. It'll come along as will the full compensation due to our servicemen. This happened before in the 90's, I'm fairly certain should a loved one pass in the line of duty, the last thing on the mind of the surviving spouse or family is $$$. May our Lord and God be near to them.

More scare tactics.

You can thank the left for these delays, shut downs, and general shenanigans. But I'm sure it'll be chalked up to the right for being unwilling to 'compromise' with Obama concerning drops ($60b) and drizle ($30b) in our debt.

Politics per usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X