Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the risks of a government shut down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    It could be considered bad form not to pay people who have advanced weaponry.
    I would think twice about not paying this group. They're already not happy about Obama, his administration and policies. This would be one more tick against them.

Don't like Obama.....check
    Don't like his administration......check
    Doesn't stand up for us.....check
    Not gonna pay salaries? .....check, check
    "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life; whom shall I dread?" Psalm 27:1

Comment

Why is it that the only times the government shuts down is with a liberal in office? Or am I mistaken on that?

I think the liberals WANT military families, to lose a paycheck so they can say, "See what happens when you have a bunch of Republicans in congress?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
        Maybe if we let this overstuffed bureacracy die on the vine, we might even do better.
        I agree. Shut it all down. Maybe people will start to depend of God (yeah right!) then they would find out we don't even need the bloated, overfed, self righteous, lying deceitful monstrosity of self important people.

Could we really do any worse? I don't think so!
        Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
        You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
        12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
        O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
        Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Comment

Originally posted by nursingmom View Post
          I think to not pay our military is the highest form of evil and I will make sure to never again vote for anyone involved in it. I don't care how conservative they are.
          Don't blame the conservatives, on this one at least, there isn't going to be any money and Obama thinks holding our military hostage is going to help him.

If you want to gripe about evil. Look to Obama. He doesn't want to work with anyone. He is drunk om the money and power of the people. Worse than I have ever seen.

And it isn't our military that defends us, it is God who gives our military the strength and might it has now. The US military is not strong because of itself. It is strong because God is still blessing a nation that still has people who turn to Him and pray for our wonderful military. Because there are still a godly people, in our military. People who love and honor God.

That is changing fast, lightening fast, but I think that God can still find at least 10 people who love Him, honor Him and worship Him, in America and our military.

Our prayers are what keeps our government working, not the bloated bureaucracy of self important people who support false gods and the baby murder mills.

I am not being contentious. Mostly I am just pointing out the obvious, to us, at least

Pre-Flood!

Comment

I partly agree

...our military should be paid regardless of the stalemate.

But I have to chuckle about it being the conservatives fault. The last I knew there were liberals and conservatives in congress. Liberals want to spend, spend, spend and hope the voters think it was the conservatives fault that the government shut down, when in reality there wasn't enough of a compromise to reel in spending. The 'conservatives' are to be blamed because the liberals didn't get what they wanted. The conservatives have said enough is enough.

It is sad that in the last extension a couple billion savings was negotiated and then Obama went to Brazil and gave it to them. I think the Americans give plenty of aid to other countries and foreign aid/ military needs to be brought under control and leave the medicaid and services to the Americans alone. Take aim at lucrative pensions and benefits for government workers. The majority of medicare and Social Security pensioners don't have lucrative pensions nor retirement plans- not really even making it as they forsake basic needs because they don't have enough money. They also can't go out and work to make ends meet.

Comment

I just got a Fox News breaking alert. Looks like the shutdown has been pushed back a week.

Pre-Flood!

Comment

How many more extensions do you suppose they'll give themselves??

And I agree, I think it's awful to even entertain the fact of not paying military families. The men and women who have put their own lives on hold to serve our country, and the families left behind waiting and praying for their safety, deserve better.

Comment

I was in the Air Force during the last shutdown of the govt. The military still got paid. If they stop the military's pay or the senior citizens' social security this time, it will be Obama's doing.
                  "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
                  Philippians 4:13 (KJV)

Comment

How conevient for this administration to now admit were in THREE wars. I thought this was a kinetic something operation

Comment

Originally posted by nursingmom View Post
                      I think to not pay our military is the highest form of evil and I will make sure to never again vote for anyone involved in it. I don't care how conservative they are.
                      The budget they keep extending was supposed to be passed last year when the Dems held all of the power (super majorities in both houses and the presidency). They have no one to blame but themselves.

Heck, the Repub extenesion bill fully funds the military, and Barry threatens to veto it? Like I said, no one to blame but themselves...
                      The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
                      Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
                      (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                        I was in the military during the last shutdown. I can't remember if our paychecks were delayed or not. I do remember folks worrying that they might be.
                        We had just retired from the USAF and do believe we got our retirement ck....

Comment

The big difference in this government shut down though is Obama. I think he is cold and would not pay our military. He has just promised to veto a bill that would pay military through September.

Serious question here, if the government does shut down, with Obama having appointed a lot of people in czar positions that were not run through Congress, how much power and authority will Obama have? Are there any stop gaps in place to keep him from basically ruling by authoritarian dictate(I know he's basically doing that now but...)

Comment

Originally posted by RaptureReady_7 View Post
                            I just got a Fox News breaking alert. Looks like the shutdown has been pushed back a week.
                            The House voted on a spending bill that would at least fund the budget for a week. Obama promised to veto it (shocker) and Senate won't pass it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                              It could be considered bad form not to pay people who have advanced weaponry.
                              Good point, Raphael. Especially when the majority of them have no respect for their so-called Commander-in-Chief. What we Americans need to do is just veto 0bama, his corrupt administration, the Democrats, and the RINOs - that would solve most all of our problems!

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                                I was in the military during the last shutdown. I can't remember if our paychecks were delayed or not. I do remember folks worrying that they might be.
                                My husband receives VA disability for his injuries in Viet Nam and during the last shutdown he still received his check. They should leave ALL military pay ALONE, be it veterans and/or active duty. These men and women have put their lives, and continue to put their lives, on the line for this nation.

Shame on 0bama and his minions in the WH. They have no one to blame but themselves and it makes me sick that they're trying to put the blame on the Tea Party and Republican while crying about the defunding of Planned Parenthood, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X