The Ring of Fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jesusfool View Post
    I had a feeling it would have something to do with a coming natural disaster. I read the report Thursday that this geologist had disclosed his opinion on the possible quake in California/Oregon and could only think about what it would do to so many lives all across the US. He does have credible substantiating facts and is not just 'predicting'. We've watched so many countries suffer such horrific disasters for years now. Given the fallen nature of the United States, I am surprised that we have not suffered such already. I expect such a tragedy to strike our nation, be it in California or even in an odd place, because He said it would be so. I would be very tempted to get out of Cali about now if I lived there, but we just can't run everytime can we? I prefer the rapture over a disaster but only my Savior knows His plans for me, so I will take it as it comes. (In Texas we just have to worry about tornadoes, especially here in tornado alley, had a BIG ONE in '79). I will protect my family the best I can and try to be prepared should I be assigned to weather a catastrophe, and pray that I can also help those in need at that time. His will be done. I am ready Lord, come what may. I love you and can't wait to bow at your feet!
    I just saw this last night too-his Name is Jim Berlkland and he said the fish kill and whales that are mysteriously coming in close to the shore line, plus the closeness of the moon with it's gravitational pull all have a hand in his prediction. Apparently he predicted the quake in Seattle during the world series only four days before it happened. He is really putting himself out there too with such a bold statement that this quake qill happen this coming week! We'll see. Hoping he's wrong on this one!!
    God is my first choice...not my last resort!!!sigpic
    My hope is in Christ Jesus!!!

Comment

Originally posted by momoffaith View Post
      Is it ok to post a photo? If so I will.
      How do I do it? Is it one of the icons above the text box?
      It would be great if you want to do that in AG, so we don't derail the topic here, thanks You could start a "show your pet" thread or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordismytreasure View Post
        This is interesting, "The ring of fire". I knew that term was used as in the geological ring of fault lines/earthquakes, but I had never heard it used to describe labor.... makes sense though.
        As someone who has had 5 kids 2 without any medications, I can tell you ring of fire doesn't begin to describe it!

This does frighten me a bit, even though I know God is in control. I live on the west coast and my home is for sale, would really like to high tail it out of here!

Comment

I was living in CA in 1980. One morning, while I was getting ready for work, my cats absolutely refused to come out from under the couch. My dog, who never was a barker, was barking like a mad thing out in the back yard. I was walking to the bus stop and it seemed like every dog in the neighborhood was barking too. Birds were making a huge noise. All in a moment, there was dead silence - it all stopped, all at once. Then BOOM! I was picked up off the sidewalk and thrown onto my knees in the middle of the road. As I looked upwards (yes I thought it was the end of the world, or that my mind had somehow broken) I saw the horizon was just a blur from the shaking. It only went on for about 30 seconds, but it seemed like a loooong time. I wasn't even consciously thinking. It was nothing but primal fear that got me up and running, running - anywhere from that. That was a 5.6, my first EQ experience. We had a 5.8 the next night. To this day, I'm still terrified and traumatized. Don't ever want to feel it again.

Just wanted to comment about animals and EQs. They know.

Comment

My earthquake experience...

In November 2002 the Interior of Alaska (90 miles south of Fairbanks) experienced a 7.9 earthquake. I was walking into the living room when my husband said, "earthquake." And I remember saying, I don't feel it and he said, look at the blinds. They were swaying. I sat down on the sofa because I thought it was just going to be another mild tumbler. Gosh was I wrong. Our ceiling cracked. Our 75 gallon fish tank lost gallons of water (poor fish). And I have to tell you, after I called out to the LORD I sat in perfect peace while the sofa was jostled up and down across the floor.

Our son had stopped at a railroad crossing when the earthquake began and his car was bouncing up and down. He looked in his rearview mirror and saw the truck behind him doing the same thing and it freaked him out. He thought he was a goner.

When the LORD said He will never leave us or forsake us, He meant it. Whatever bad thing happens to you, call out to Jesus and He will give you the grace to get through it.

Comment

Thanks Pat. You're absolutely right.

Comment

I am trying so hard not to be scared! I live in Northern California between two active volcanos. My husband, five kids and I are moving to the midwest soon. I keep feeling like we need to hurry and go sooner, then I see that Fox News link... Anyway, now I am wondering if we should just go without all of our furniture and household stuff, and have movers get it all after we arrive at our destination. I keep thinking of Lot's wife looking back and becoming a pillar of salt.

Lord,

Please get us out of here safely and on your timeline, not our's. If it is to be sooner than we plan, help us not to look back. In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen

Comment

Originally posted by AJHIHS View Post
                  I am trying so hard not to be scared! I live in Northern California between two active volcanos. My husband, five kids and I are moving to the midwest soon. I keep feeling like we need to hurry and go sooner, then I see that Fox News link... Anyway, now I am wondering if we should just go without all of our furniture and household stuff, and have movers get it all after we arrive at our destination. I keep thinking of Lot's wife looking back and becoming a pillar of salt.

Lord,

Please get us out of here safely and on your timeline, not our's. If it is to be sooner than we plan, help us not to look back. In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen
                  Praying for you, your loved ones and all those who are on the west coast.

Comment

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/nort...-ncxdc-032111#

PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korea advised its citizens Sunday to use their pets as an early-warning system for earthquakes, amid heightened fears following Japan's quake and tsunami disaster.

Governments worldwide have focused on ensuring their alert systems go some way to protecting them against the horror wreaked by natural disasters such as the massive tremor and giant waves which killed thousands in Japan on March 11.

While Pyongyang has also told North Koreans about the technology it has in place to anticipate disasters, state media urged the public to take note when animals behave oddly.

Comment

• Though I do not live on the West Coast, I am not taking the EQ possibilities lightly, I have seen animals change instantly when Natural Disasters are soon forthcoming. What I wonder "is will the Rapture occur just an instant before or during a Natural Disaster, or during a peaceful unknowing quiet time?"

Mat 24:36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.
                      Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Mat 24:38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
                      Mat 24:39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
                      Mat 24:40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left.
                      Mat 24:41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.
                      Mat 24:42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.

The world seemingly will be normal, with everyone going about their business, but then suddenly the Rapture will occur... and suddenly a major Natural or Divine Disaster will occur too.

MATT 24:38 and 39, seem to paint a picture of normality until Noah enters the Ark at which time the Flood came and took them all away... Many believe Matt 24 is only about the 2nd coming, but I see parrallels to the Rapture that I do not think can be denied.

In Matt 24:39 it states .... so also will the coming of the son of man be.

Thus I ask again, is it possible that our lives will be going on as they do in a seemingly unchanging cyclic normality, and then a Divine Disaster occurs coinciding with the Rapture of the church...?

We should always be aware and looking up rejoicing in the soon return of Christ, however if we are busy about business (say giving a presentation at work or something) and an EQ or other Disaster occurs, should our eyes then immediatly be focused upwards...

It just might be that as we are rocketing upward (Rapture), the disaster will be occuring on Earth almost simultaneously, but sparing us the wrath of the event. Looking downward or backwards to view the unfolding event may cause us to suddenly fall back to earth like a heavy pillar of salt?? (From the story of Lot)

Your thoughts?
                      The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Comment

• I've been giving this a lot of thought lately myself, and when thinking about the day of Noah, when he was "preserved" through the flood, everyone else was going about their normal routine, but Noah wasn't. God told Noah, and Noah tried to warn others. They would not listen. So, although the others were going about their normal routine as though nothing were happening, Noah knew better, because he listened to God.

In the case of Lot and his family, - what if Lot had refused to go? What if he hadn't listened? All of the others in the city were going about their normal routines of sin, giving no thought to the fact that something major was going to happen. Lot was the only one with a heart for God, - the only one IMO God could get through to, therefore he was saved, - removed from the situation.

So, I guess my point here is, - yes, I believe the majority of the world will be going about their normal day and routines, giving no thought to the fact that "today" may be the day, however for those of us who know him, we will know that it is very close, and we will be prepared to drop everything and go when the heavens open up!

I do not think we will have much warning on the actual "day" of the rapture, - but we will know when it is near, and I believe most or all of us are truly feeling the nearness of our redemption.

I have been preparing little things, like organizing, throwing things away, making sure my financial things are in order, etc. so that someone left behind may benefit from these things. Other than that, - just waiting, watching, and praying!

Ready to go home soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Praying View Post
                          I've been giving this a lot of thought lately myself, and when thinking about the day of Noah, when he was "preserved" through the flood, everyone else was going about their normal routine, but Noah wasn't. God told Noah, and Noah tried to warn others. They would not listen. So, although the others were going about their normal routine as though nothing were happening, Noah knew better, because he listened to God.

In the case of Lot and his family, - what if Lot had refused to go? What if he hadn't listened? All of the others in the city were going about their normal routines of sin, giving no thought to the fact that something major was going to happen. Lot was the only one with a heart for God, - the only one IMO God could get through to, therefore he was saved, - removed from the situation.

So, I guess my point here is, - yes, I believe the majority of the world will be going about their normal day and routines, giving no thought to the fact that "today" may be the day, however for those of us who know him, we will know that it is very close, and we will be prepared to drop everything and go when the heavens open up!

I do not think we will have much warning on the actual "day" of the rapture, - but we will know when it is near, and I believe most or all of us are truly feeling the nearness of our redemption.

I have been preparing little things, like organizing, throwing things away, making sure my financial things are in order, etc. so that someone left behind may benefit from these things. Other than that, - just waiting, watching, and praying!

Ready to go home soon!
                          The days we live in sure are interesting... I am praying right along with you, as far as preparing for the Rapture, the greatest preparation I am doing is with my heart, continually trying to be what the Lord would want me to be... whatever I own and is left behind when I am taken is just that left behind. I think we should go about our business with a Godly mindset and a ready heart knowing the Lord can take us at any minute...
                          The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Comment

• praying....me to!

. And also im going to leave a note behind for whoever finds it telling them where I've gone and why! I will give them hope as we all had and tell them they can have that hope aa well for the 2nd coming. I will leave "hope instructions"! Does that sound silly?
                            "The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception" Prov. 14:8

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and
                            instruction" Prov 1:7

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesusfool View Post
                              . And also im going to leave a note behind for whoever finds it telling them where I've gone and why! I will give them hope as we all had and tell them they can have that hope aa well for the 2nd coming. I will leave "hope instructions"! Does that sound silly?
                              I do not see any silliness in that!! God Bless you!

I still wonder if there is going to be an EQ or other disaster at the same time as the rapture...

Comment

• Originally posted by In Christ View Post
                                I do not see any silliness in that!! God Bless you!

I still wonder if there is going to be an EQ or other disaster at the same time as the rapture...
                                For sure there will be disaster at the least with all the unmanned cars, planes and boats and air traffic controllers! That in itself is going to rival a worldwide earthquake. I tend to think no earthquake at the same time because then our disappearance would be written off to victim of it rather than victorious in Jesus! Especially since they will be looking for an excuse to explain away our disappearance!
                                "The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception" Prov. 14:8

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and
                                instruction" Prov 1:7

Comment

Working...
                                X