Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan: 9.0 Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami and Radiation release **merged**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/03/78374.html

    Fukushima nuke plant situation 'worsened considerably': think tank
    WASHINGTON, March 15, Kyodo

    The situation at the quake-hit Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant in northeastern Japan ''has worsened considerably,'' the Institute for Science and International Security said in a statement released Tuesday.

    Referring to fresh explosions that occurred earlier in the day at the site and problems in a pool storing spent nuclear fuel rods, the Washington-based think tank said, ''This accident can no longer be viewed as a level 4 on the International Nuclear and Radiological Events scale that ranks events from 1 to 7.''

    Noting that a level 4 incident involves ''only local radiological consequences,'' it said the ongoing crisis is ''now closer to a level 6, and it may unfortunately reach a level 7'' -- a worst case scenario with extensive health and environmental consequences.

    ''The international community should increase assistance to Japan to both contain the emergency at the reactors and to address the wider contamination. We need to find a solution together,'' it said.

    ==Kyodo

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Terri1 View Post
      I apologize if somoeone already posted this and I missed but I got this today.

      Sept.11th(NY) Jan 11th(Haiti) and Mar.11(Japan)...Luke 21:10-11. Then Jesus said to his disciples:" Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilence in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven." Jesus says, for behold I come quickly, so....ask yourself are YOU ready?
      But what day was it in Japan? that's why this kind of date notice is really bad - why center it on our dating? At least Jerusalem time, I could understand.
      John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ANewCreature View Post
        But what day was it in Japan? that's why this kind of date notice is really bad - why center it on our dating? At least Jerusalem time, I could understand.
        I believe it was around 2:45 (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) in the afternoon on March 11 in Japan. Right in the middle of a busy Friday.

        These past few days have been unbelievable. It is hard to wrap my brain around all this.

        Comment


        • Timeline: How Japan's nuclear crisis unfolded

          http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapc...ex.html?hpt=C1

          (CNN) -- Authorities in Japan are battling to resolve a series of crises at the nuclear power plant at Fukushima Daiichi, which was badly hit by last Friday's devastating earthquake and tsunami.

          Here's a look at efforts to contain the damage and avert a potential nuclear meltdown. (all times and dates are local).
          "...thou art my praise." Jeremiah 17:14

          Comment


          • Here is a link to unbelievable photos after the tsunami.

            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-missing.html

            I need to spend some time in prayer for everyone affected by this disaster. I look at these pictures, and all that comes out of me is, "Oh, Lord..."

            Comment


            • Look at the links across the net about the iodide pills. Our own government is in disagreement with itself over whether people should be stocking up on them or not.

              Comment


              • Amen, Ron4Jesus............ I am baffled as to why we haven't had a bad earthquake on our west coast yet. We're certainly overdue in more ways than one. It would not surprise me if we're next, considiering our government's treatment of Israel, AND all the blatant in-your-face sin in our country.

                I live about fifteen miles inland from Newport Beach and twenty miles north of the San Ononofre nuclear plant. We have the Inglewood-Newport fault to our west and the San Andreas fault to our east. I will not be the least bit surprised if and when it should happen.

                Praying it won't - but expecting to happen sometime soon.

                Kathy

                Comment


                • Miracles out of the rubble

                  4-month-old baby and 70-year-old woman found alive!!

                  http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2011031...fullworldyahoo
                  "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by kmendel View Post
                    Amen, Ron4Jesus............ I am baffled as to why we haven't had a bad earthquake on our west coast yet. We're certainly overdue in more ways than one. It would not surprise me if we're next, considiering our government's treatment of Israel, AND all the blatant in-your-face sin in our country.

                    I live about fifteen miles inland from Newport Beach and twenty miles north of the San Ononofre nuclear plant. We have the Inglewood-Newport fault to our west and the San Andreas fault to our east. I will not be the least bit surprised if and when it should happen.

                    Praying it won't - but expecting to happen sometime soon.

                    Kathy
                    for you. We are living in some very turbulent times. We know the end result, we will be with our maker very very soon. This world sickens me immensely.





                    John 3:16
                    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

                    Comment


                    • I'm still reeling from the awful scale of this disaster. I've always had a love of Japanese culture, so this hurts to see them suffering so much. Hopefully, the church will reach out to them and lead many of them to Christ. for them!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by kmendel View Post
                        Amen, Ron4Jesus............ I am baffled as to why we haven't had a bad earthquake on our west coast yet.
                        Wrath is coming - PLEASE flee so you can keep watching with us and not endure this and potentially Yellowstone right after!
                        "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." - 1 Corinthians 15:26

                        Comment


                        • I am baffled as to why we haven't had a bad earthquake on our west coast yet.
                          The San Andreas fault hasn't slipped yet.

                          Wrath is coming - PLEASE flee.....
                          While it's true final Tribulation judgments are coming to the entire world for its rejection of Christ, we shouldn't be pinpointing certain regions as more sinful than others, making "wrath" more immanent. This fallen world is crumbling all around us. Disaster is on the horizon for every inch of the globe according to Scripture.

                          There is nowhere to hide except in Christ Jesus. FLEE TO HIM!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TaliaKirana View Post
                            I'm still reeling from the awful scale of this disaster. I've always had a love of Japanese culture, so this hurts to see them suffering so much. Hopefully, the church will reach out to them and lead many of them to Christ. for them!
                            I've been watching Fox News off and on tonight. I can't watch for too long because I just become overwhelmed with what the Japanese people are going through. Of those who have survived the EQ and the tsunami, I have to wonder how many of them are going to die from hypothermia, starvation, nuclear fallout and disease caused by all the decaying, dead bodies. There have been some huge disasters in this world in my lifetime, but I'm not sure that anything measures up to what's going happening in Japan. Lord, please have mercy on these poor people.


                            Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

                            A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

                            Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
                            I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BarbT View Post
                              While it's true final Tribulation judgments are coming to the entire world for its rejection of Christ, we shouldn't be pinpointing certain regions as more sinful than others, making "wrath" more immanent. This fallen world is crumbling all around us. Disaster is on the horizon for every inch of the globe according to Scripture.
                              Yes! But the ring of fire is gonna get California, and it may be sooner than later. I hate the thought of anyone here going through that.
                              "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." - 1 Corinthians 15:26

                              Comment


                              • Please join me in praying for our brothers and sisters and all the people of Japan. As I write this I have just learned that personnel have abandoned the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant because of radiation levels.

                                The fate of the beleaguered power plant, and likely the area around Fukushima, now clearly rests in the Lord's hands. This is very bad, and now appears beyond our human ability to deal with what we designed, developed and constructed.

                                May God have mercy upon the people of Japan... may God help them. May the God of Abraham, Jacob and Isaac intervene.
                                "Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X