No announcement yet.

Thanksgiving and Christmas economy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God is a giver of good gifts and so is my wife. She loves to give.
    Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Comment

I always make gifts; and will ask my husband for a case of Bibles if he wants to get me something. Or he can go with me on a handout on Christmas day, which I am REALLY liking.

Us on the corner, with our signs. One says MERRY CHRISTMAS, the other says FREE BIBLES! We are wearing Santa hats.

Yup. Doing it. Thanks for getting me thinking about this. I can't think of a BETTER thing to do!

Back on track, we are already seeing the usual uptick at the plant - sales are up, thank Him.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
      'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
      I get my Bibles here

Comment

things to know that may help

Salvation Army here has a giving tree, and all you have to do to sign up is go there and fill out paperwork, for kids, elderly, disabled, or unemployed, and they also furnish groceries also. Ive done this years ago when I was down and out with my daughter. Gives you something on that day, necessities especially.
        Another thing is Sears now has layaway! And alot of people dont know that a pawn shop just isnt for getting money. Ours is having unclaimed items sales, and there are deals galore. They also have a layaway with just 20 down, and how ever much you want to pay,. Its going to be lonley and tight here too..but we have Jesus!
        Hope this helps someone

Comment

Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
          I always make gifts; and will ask my husband for a case of Bibles if he wants to get me something. Or he can go with me on a handout on Christmas day, which I am REALLY liking.

Us on the corner, with our signs. One says MERRY CHRISTMAS, the other says FREE BIBLES! We are wearing Santa hats.

Yup. Doing it. Thanks for getting me thinking about this. I can't think of a BETTER thing to do!

Back on track, we are already seeing the usual uptick at the plant - sales are up, thank Him.
          I am really liking/admiring you!

Christmas for us will just be gifts for the grandchilden. I am knitting scarves for the grownup kiddies tho and I hope they don't think, "stingy old bag." (which is quite possible but I'm doing it anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by sunshine2777 View Post
            As someone who has been alone before on Christmas.. and who is facing a Christmas without her mom for the first time in 51 years and whose children will be w/ their dad and whose father has disowned her and brother "hates" her and has no real friends where she lives and has a husband who doesn't understand how Christmas can be since he was raised in a jewish home.... I would tell you to enjoy the people you can spend the day with. Treasure that time and laugh and thank the Lord if you have family around you that day. The gifts are supposed to represent "love"... just show your love "other ways".. maybe in a letter from the heart.... or doing something "they" have wanted you to do but you never would out of fear.... relationships is what it comes down to... with the Lord and with others.. that is where real treasure is!
            Oh Sunshine...Reading your post made me so sad for you. I'm sorry you're going through so much right now.
            Bible prophecy is not given to scare us, but to prepare us.

sigpic

Comment

I don't know. I might just head down to 5 below and shop. Or I might just bake.

Comment

Every year Christmas is a big pain for my family. I won't go into all the details.

BREIFLY: A long time ago after some family argued over presents I stopped buying anybody gifts except school aged children (not many left now). My hubby and I were not popular but finally it was accepted we weren't doing the gift exchange thing anymore.

We have a special pre-Christmas lunch with my step-children and my close family. That takes the pressure off people coming to our place on the Christmas weekend.

Comment

Years ago, we used to buy Christmas presents for me brothers' kids and they would buy for hours. We have 3 kids and they each have 2. It seemed that I could never find just the right gifts for my older brother's daughters. They would politely sathank you, and then I would never see the gift again. My brother's wife never knew what to get for my older kids and so they started giving them money. One year when our budget was especially tight, I broached the subject of Christmas presents for the neices and nephews and told him that I thought it would be best if we stopped giving Christmas gifts to our nieces and nephews and stopped allowing our children to receive Christmas gifts from our brothers and sisters. When I discussed it with my brothers and Sisters-in-law, they weren't pleased, but I told them that they could just use the money they normally spent on my kids to get another gift for each of their kids that they would actually like. So, it's been a long time since we bought Christmas presents for our nieces and nephews.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
                  I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Comment

I am making this for gifts this yr. My aunt was a teacher and made this for her class all the time and they loved it. They requested her reciped on facebook and she posted it and the comments from her former students convinced me it would make a great inexpensive gift. She said one recipe makes a lot and to lay out 2 very long sheets of wax paper for it
                    Put into a VERY LARGE bowl:
                    2 pounds white almond bark, broken up into squares/chunks
                    1 cup peanut butter [I use the extra crunchy peanut butter.]
                    Put into microwave & melt until it is just melted—don’t let it get hot.

Stir in:
                    6-8 cups rice crispies

2 cups dry roasted peanuts

2 cups miniature marshmallows

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper.
                    One time she used peanut m and m's and it was really good that way too....

Comment

Working...
                    X