8.8 - Magnitude Quake Hits Chile *Merged*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yogi3939 View Post
    I just checked again and there has been no new aftershocks in Chile in about an hour and a half. Either the quakes are stopping or pressure is building for another big one. Lets pray it is the former.

Central California has had a small 2.7 in the last few minutes.
    Can this really happen? I thought that I read that after the first earthquake, that another one of the same strength can happen right away.... Thanks for the info!!

I that everyone will be safe!
    sigpic

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Comment

• Hawaii Beach Webcam

Of Interest:

Live Webcam in Hawaii:

Hilton Beach View: http://hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/webcam/livewebcam.cfm

Sorry Coco Probably requires HS Internet...
      The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

:snoopy

Comment

• Yogi... Thanks for all the updates! I love this board!
        The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Comment

• Originally posted by cocopea9052 View Post
          Do we have members here from Hawaii?
          Don't know if we do but praying for the people there.
          Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 10:32

Comment

• It's going to storm here soon in South Florida....I am listening to a news station in Hawaii.....it's just creepy and scary....
            sigpic

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Comment

• Originally posted by In Christ View Post
              Of Interest:

Sorry Coco Probably requires HS Internet...

I know, everything does...maybe I'll get it back one of these days...but I'm good for now!

Comment

• My aunt is from Hawaii. She is related to the royal family there. Her entire family still lives there except for her children which live in the continental U.S. (her husband my uncle died).

Comment

• Originally posted by sunset View Post
                  Will this effect the Tsunami flow; will it cause a ripple effect? I'm watching NBC Hawaii and they are giving continuing updates. Hilo seems to be vulnerable and they're shutting down the water plants.
                  I don't know what effect this will have on the tsunami but if it does it won't be good.

Originally posted by cbressler1976 View Post
                  Can this really happen? I thought that I read that after the first earthquake, that another one of the same strength can happen right away.... Thanks for the info!!

I that everyone will be safe!
                  Earthquakes are not locked into any particular schedule. It is possible to have an even stronger quake not too long after the first one. In the winter of 1811/1812 the New Madrid fault went off in the midwest and there were a total of three strong quakes with many aftershocks and the second and third were worse than the first. If you really want to have your socks scared off do a google search on "new madrid earthquake." If this happens again in modern times it would make all the recent big ones together look puny and the death toll would be in the millions.

Comment

• I'm on high ground on Oahu waiting to see what happens. Sirens woke us up at 6am this morning. Here is a live streaming news link if noone posted it yet. Haven't read thread yet. Just been filling up buckets and jugs with water and listenign to the radio.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/...y.asp?C=176904

Comment

• Chile Quake:
                      Santiago badly hit, ports and airports closed:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100227/...us_quake_chile

Comment

• Chile Quake:
                        Santiago badly hit, ports and airports closed:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100227/...us_quake_chile
                        "It came in waves and lasted so long. Three minutes is an eternity. We kept worrying that it was getting stronger, like a terrifying Hollywood movie," said housewife Dolores Cuevas.
                        Three minutes is a long time for a quake.....a long time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kathryn777 View Post
                          I'm on high ground on Oahu waiting to see what happens. Sirens woke us up at 6am this morning. Here is a live streaming news link if noone posted it yet. Haven't read thread yet. Just been filling up buckets and jugs with water and listenign to the radio.

Kathryn

I wondered if we had any members there. Wow, those sirens most have been scary! Thanks for checking-in. Praying for your safety, Lisa's family and all those affected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kathryn777 View Post
                            I'm on high ground on Oahu waiting to see what happens. Sirens woke us up at 6am this morning. Here is a live streaming news link if noone posted it yet. Haven't read thread yet. Just been filling up buckets and jugs with water and listenign to the radio.

Almighty God of Israel, Abba Father we lift up Kathryn and all in Hawaii to You, asking Father for your Loving Hand of protection to come upon them. Please Father, pour out Your Holy Spirit upon them, please Bless them with Your Wisdom and Guidance that they may be safe from danger. I ask this in Jesus Loving name...Amen!

Stay safe Sis!!! and thank you for the link!

Comment

• Here is a live local news link from Hawaii, posted in another thread in BNews by Kathryn one of our members who is there. They have live shot of Hilo bay, that they expect to get hit first, should it happen...

Comment

• Fox is now reporting that the water is begining to recede from the beaches (being sucked back into the ocean, away from the beach). This is an early sign that a wave may be coming in. They expect it to be around 8' in height (all this is according to Fox News live)...

Comment

Working...
                                X